Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
dude, you said "but either will work with the appropriate event var as well so it's mute tbh". and that is false.
sigh...

You can't even get to any of those choices without the appropriate event var being awarded in previous updates... you'd never even have access to the scenes to begin with, therefore none of the three choices exampled would even be presented.

You can literally set all LI's to 1,000 Relp pnts starting at ~U12+ and miss ALL content that wasn't already setup to be obtained via event var choices proceeding that (U11 and prior). We're on U25 now. Using Relp to "cheat" for almost all content in U12+ is futile.

I could obviously supply thousands of lines of code as proof but it's much easier for you to load up a save at ~U12+ and cheat in maximum Relp pnts for an LI you don't already have unlocked via non-cheated previous playthrough and see what you get.... nothing. There might be one exception to this test as I'm going from memory here of hundreds of conditionals but one exception would hardly make my overall point false.

needing a threshold of rel is not the same as having been through a specific event. I disagree 200% with you on that for sure.
Fair enough, damn good thing you aren't writing a walkthrough for this VN then.

you might be a mega fan of Natalie and demand more content for her, and not getting any for a while sucks, and i'm sorry, but setting a baseline for every LIs is better
I'm not a fan of Natalie, I made a point regarding her. And I'm telling you as the author of the mod that the baseline for Routes are event vars in this VN. If you want to cheat in a character path/route that you didn't have before in anything past ~U12 then it can only be done via event var changes, not through Relp pnts (as can be proven in the test I suggested). All the Relp phone cheats are really only somewhat relevant early game.

Regardless, none of this is a debate I have time for nor entertained by so I'll leave it at that. Have a good one bud.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Now I got intrigued. You can DM me and list them. I'd check if those are bugs and relevant to be reported and fixed.
Hey Nikki,

I don't have the project open but off the top of my head... a memorable UI issue has always been:
While in-game open the Notebook via the UI, then (because the UI isn't hidden) open the Phone via the UI while the Notebook is still open. This obviously shouldn't be allowed but borks the phone code as you'll see.

Another is early game notification alerts (I think they're borked in U1 or U2... I can't recall exactly).

Also (due to the dev's use of the Show function rather than the ShowMenu function) is that one can ghost click Main Menu buttons from other screens due to them not being internally modal'd proper via RenPy.

That's just a few from memory that have existed for a year or more. I'm sure more can be found that I reported here via search... this will narrow down my posts quite a bit here. I haven't even listed them all tbh... I have most in my project notes which I can retrieve this weekend.

Reactions: HiP1 and Quetzzz

Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023
I would give a lot to get good Natalie content since it's so rare...
I also want the continuation of her story together with the second coach (Mellory or whatever her name). The things were just getting really hot with those two when the line was abandoned. DreamNow please bring them back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juri my Waifu

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
sigh...

You can't even get to any of those choices without the appropriate event var being awarded in previous updates... you'd never even have access to the scenes to begin with, therefore none of the three choices exampled would even be presented.

You can literally set all LI's to 1,000 Relp pnts starting at ~U12+ and miss ALL content that wasn't already setup to be obtained via event var choices proceeding that (U11 and prior). We're on U25 now. Using Relp to "cheat" for almost all content in U12+ is futile.

I could obviously supply thousands of lines of code as proof but it's much easier for you to load up a save at ~U12+ and cheat in maximum Relp pnts for an LI you don't already have unlocked via non-cheated previous playthrough and see what you get.... nothing. There might be one exception to this test as I'm going from memory here of hundreds of conditionals but one exception would hardly make my overall point false.

Fair enough, damn good thing you aren't writing a walkthrough for this VN then.

I'm not a fan of Natalie, I made a point regarding her. And I'm telling you as the author of the mod that the baseline for Routes are event vars in this VN. If you want to cheat in a character path/route that you didn't have before in anything past ~U12 then it can only be done via event var changes, not through Relp pnts (as can be proven in the test I suggested). All the Relp phone cheats are really only somewhat relevant early game.

Regardless, none of this is a debate I have time for nor entertained by so I'll leave it at that. Have a good one bud.
doesn't matter, dude. you made a false claim. events allow other events, i never said they didn't. you on the other hand claimed that event vars replace rel points, and "either will work". that's objectively false. you need both.
we can use your same method. you can have the perfect path with event vars, but if your rel points are at zero, you won't unlock some relevant content, and your path can be stopped or changed significantly. and having Natalie and Nikki as an example, you never know how the status of each LI could change. in U24, Kim's status is clearly raised very close to main.
also rel points can lead to increase in love points. those are used even more rarely. but they are still used as well.

bro... right there in U12, there is a check for rel points. it unlocks an important scene for that LI, and a love point, even if there is no event var set. you talk too much with the perspective of a mod coder, but you forget the most important thing : the game itself. same in U14, rel points are checked again, and the scene is very important for that LI, as we get both an event var (!!!) and a secret scene unlocked in the gallery. and it happens up to U24. I didn't play the latest one to check it. rel points are not checked as often as past event vars, sure, but they are still important.

Soucer

Donor
Nov 1, 2019
University of Problems 1.4.0 Extended
PC/Mac/Android - |
Patch Only - |
Update patch to v1.4.0 Extended (Install this patch only on Christmas/New Year v1.3.5 Basic or v1.3.5 Extended)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
The Ashley Extended is probably the worst yet. Literally nothing... but extra pics

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
One question: Is Lexi's scene in this update a normal scene or a *wink* SCENE *wink*? :illuminati:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
UniversityOfProblems-1.4.0Extended
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
University of Problems [v1.4.0 Extended] [DreamNow] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [2,49 GB]
- - -

Mac [2,47 GB]
- - -

Update Only (Universal) [537 MB]
- - -

Last edited:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Does anyone else have problems distinguishing the girls? There are only like 2 that have a memorable appearance or personality. There is the asian one, and the workout girl. Plus the teacher. The others just seem the same.

Honestly, whenever I see one of the other 5 girls show up in the MC's room / hallway / classroom / I can't remember their name or anything about their character.

Is it just me?

Reactions: Piat

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
I'm... a bit concerned.
Will my PC explode or something? :oops:
Naah, just mine some Bitcoins for me. Thats not a problem right? :love: :love: :love: :Kappa:

For realz though, its just that it can bork saves, or just don't work. Very unlikely for Compressions. More like for the update patches. So I just post the warning with it always. Never had problems aside from it not working very rarely.

4.30 star(s) 198 Votes