• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Your position is based off of the misconception that anyone complaining is SUPER emotionally invested in anything to do with the game. That's simply false. As I said, the only one that seems to give a shit about what people say on this pirate forum is you (and CB because of his massive ego). So let me inquire, why are you here when all you want to read is sunshine and rainbows?
I am here because i like the game but we are starting to get off topic so lets just ignore each other

Fap2766

Sep 17, 2020
I'm here because I like(d) the VN and put my money into it only to find out the dev is a fantasist and a liar. If they had been honest and said it will be done when its done, I would have been fine with that, but the bullshit deadlines and excuses are shameful.

Releasing a half assed update to grab another $700 is shameful.

It's such a shame because the VN could be stellar, but I doubt it will deliver on its potential. I probably spend 10 mins a week on this thread so its not exactly using up my precious time :)

Jaun Karr

Mar 2, 2019
If all of you complaining don't like the dev so much or don't care about the game why are you here?
You'll probably find that there are very, very few people complaining because they don't care about the game.
Most of whom who are complaining are doing so because they think this game (what there is of it) is actually good, and has the potential to be great. If people truely didn't care about the game, they wouldn't be here in the first place. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Shocking to me (and I don't use this phrase blithely) was CB's rush to code the update only hours before his self-imposed release deadline... This, after 13 months? Coding proficiency is irrelevant. The scripting could easily been finished or nearly finished months ago, 'just waiting for the images to be ready.

I look at this and everything else that's happened over the past few years and conclude that CB's heart just isn't into the project anymore. I mean that in the sense that development of this game is now a chore, not a joy. I get the impression CB has to force himself forward and publicly announcing deadlines months in advance is a misguided attempt at self-motivation. That's my honest assessment/opinion looking at all this from the outside since before Cyberpunk came out.

I really, really don't like shitting on any developer, so this post isn't some sort of cheap dig at CB.

CarbonBlue, is this game development what you really want to do? Your behaviors scream no...

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
The scripting could easily been finished or nearly finished months ago, 'just waiting for the images to be ready.
That would be awesome if I could work like that. Remember that scene in ep2 where Shannon and Angel come into your room to warn you about Maeve? That scene wasn't planned at all - as I was coding I got the inspiration to do that scene and then I had to go back to my script to write it out and go back to daz to render it, and then of course code it in.

Coding, for me, is my final draft. Without fail I get into the coding and then I edit the scenes and remove renders and add renders and adjust the script. I made some edits to the scenes in 0.6 beta2 last night before publishing it.

I'm going to be making some changes to my workflow going forward. Talk is cheap, so we'll just have to wait for the results.

I get the impression CB has to force himself forward and publicly announcing deadlines months in advance is a misguided attempt at self-motivation.
I've always worked on deadline. That's been true in my RL job as well as this. It doesn't force me to do the work, it forces me to finish the work, which leads to the next statement...
CarbonBlue, is this game development what you really want to do? Your behaviors scream no...
...every night when I'm laying in bed, every time I go for a walk, every time I'm sitting in the car waiting on my mom's doctor appointments I am thinking of scenes to add or secrets to embed or how to break up the story into episodes, etc. I've got this whole VN playing in my head from start to finish and self-imposing a deadline is a way of shifting focus from the overarching meta to the specific episode.

Personally, I'd say my behavior screams that I want to do this, but you don't see my personal life. For about 15 years before this VN I did not touch caffeine. Ever. Well, except the trace amounts that are in chocolate. Just the other day I took a garbage bag full of caffeinated sparkling water (cherry vanilla ice, yum) to the store for returns. I had my mom change all her appointments for the past 2-3 weeks of April so I could work more on the VN. I've obviously invested a shit ton of money into a machine, and will be spending a ton more when I am able. And, of course, I'm still here despite a seriously deranged amount of hate.

So yes, I would say my behavior would indicate otherwise - but again, what I say doesn't really matter. I just ask that people play the VN and see if they can enjoy the content that is there, rather than focusing on whether my Patreon is going up or down or how angry they are that it took so long. If you enjoy the VN and want to support me, super. If not, don't. It's that easy.

Also, thank you for writing a reasonable criticism.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
So yes, I would say my behavior would indicate otherwise - but again, what I say doesn't really matter. I just ask that people play the VN and see if they can enjoy the content that is there, rather than focusing on whether my Patreon is going up or down or how angry they are that it took so long. If you enjoy the VN and want to support me, super. If not, don't. It's that easy.
Fair enough. While I was once a patreon, I think current patreons are the only true arbiters at any given time. Long term, those that are unhappy will leave, those that are happy will stay. For the rest of us, it is what it is.

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] Unleashed [v0.6beta2] [CarbonBlue] [MQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 1.03GB
Repack size: 411MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC = / / /

Ren'py Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.
To find my repacks use search function and just type MyRepack (much better search results than Compressed).

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :p

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Unleashed v0.6b2.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall the app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore it needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11+ :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

goonslagoon

Jun 25, 2021
Happy to see this updated again, I definitely get the difficulty of getting things done, and in my case especially things I like/ need to do. If that is the case for you, you could try Bupropion, worked for me very well the first month, not exactly great later since I kept skipping days.

Just saying so I'm not misunderstood, I mean nothing bad, just that this solution worked for me for getting things done.
I also think about doing things many hours of the day and can't quite get to actually doing them.

Thanna

Mar 29, 2020
Hahah the first think in this moment where i saw that this game was updated .How big is it after 1 year? and then o was this Render Pics . that is the feeeling Gamestop the Moon ore as Austria Lose a War VS good dammid Emus. i was schocked that cant be Real. but the good dammit Fist from my best Frind ,Cry and Yalll @ me i must come back in real this is Real!! Pls pls i really hope the Dev didint Work in 1 Day unter 2 min ... GG

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SISIMEN and Greily
4.20 star(s) 125 Votes