4.50 star(s) 53 Votes

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I guess i'm in the minority. i like the game. I like Update 2 the best but Update 3 is fine for me. I like Akira too, she's what is called tsundere in Japanese character archetype. I think that could be what the dev are going for. Whether or not Valentine is designed for the Yandere character archetype or not, I'm not sure cuz it's been a long time since i played it.
I know what tsundere and yandere are. Neither of them actually fit the bill. Tsundere characters have affection for a character, and hide it by getting fake-hostile when they're embarrassed. Akira has literally threatened to ruin the MC's life over her (completely false) assumption of his intentions. Similarly, yandere characters have an obsession over the main character and try to hurt other girls flirting with him, which Valentine doesn't seem to be doing.

Mostly, they're just controlling and abusive, and the MC takes it and, regardless of how the player feels about them, likes it.

The only affection shown so far for the MC by either of them just feels out of place due to literally every other interaction during the last update. Akira's not tsundere, because a tsundere wouldn't intentionally give a downblouse shot (though I don't like that part, either, because it is narratively unearned and completely out of character for literally every other interaction she's had with the MC). The only person Valentine has physically threatened so far is the MC, and her supposed attraction to him is based on her insistence (again, falsely-held) that she and the MC are alike.

Reactions: Secretuser69

camube

Jun 4, 2022
I know what tsundere and yandere are. Neither of them actually fit the bill. Tsundere characters have affection for a character, and hide it by getting fake-hostile when they're embarrassed. Akira has literally threatened to ruin the MC's life over her (completely false) assumption of his intentions. Similarly, yandere characters have an obsession over the main character and try to hurt other girls flirting with him, which Valentine doesn't seem to be doing.

Mostly, they're just controlling and abusive, and the MC takes it and, regardless of how the player feels about them, likes it.

The only affection shown so far for the MC by either of them just feels out of place due to literally every other interaction during the last update. Akira's not tsundere, because a tsundere wouldn't intentionally give a downblouse shot (though I don't like that part, either, because it is narratively unearned and completely out of character for literally every other interaction she's had with the MC). The only person Valentine has physically threatened so far is the MC, and her supposed attraction to him is based on her insistence (again, falsely-held) that she and the MC are alike.
i mostly already forget about the update by now until i read your post, and then i remember the gist of it.

This may not be an accurate impression of Update 3 anymore but my impression of it was it was okay. Update 3 made me a patron so me from 6 months ago clearly like it enough.

And I remember why. The interaction between Boss Bitch and the MC cracked me up. I remember every time the MC said something, she couldn't help but response, it's funny af to me. To me this game is close to top-tier. I don't really like the long development time and I don't think Update 1 is that good, but other than that, it's a great game for me.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
i mostly already forget about the update by now until i read your post, and then i remember the gist of it.

This may not be an accurate impression of Update 3 anymore but my impression of it was it was okay. Update 3 made me a patron so me from 6 months ago clearly like it enough.

And I remember why. The interaction between Boss Bitch and the MC cracked me up. I remember every time the MC said something, she couldn't help but response, it's funny af to me. To me this game is close to top-tier. I don't really like the long development time and I don't think Update 1 is that good, but other than that, it's a great game for me.
This 100% the text interactions between the Akira ( Boss Bitch) and Valentine made me love their characters they went from me hating their guts to them probably being my favorites because of how much I loved the interactions. Sometimes comedy just goes a long way in games like this for some people and this was one of those times for me.

Game is awesome and some people were having (and seem to still be having) some wildly exaggerated and overblown takes. The curious thing is that they still seem to be following the game thread even after nuking the game's last patch.

I think this game is excellent. Not perfect, no, but excellent. Does it have things to improve though? For sure.

Seems to me like those takes from multiple people are very unfair (if you go and see the posts of those ppl on other games you see that the treatment given to each game is not consistent). To me it looks like more of a personal thing, in which the way they envisioned the game to be stopped matching what the game actually became (or is becoming).

I can empathize, but it's not fair to this game, or it's creator.
Glad it wasn't just me after I played 0.3 and read some of those post some felt overly harsh , like I get not liking something but idk the way some post read felt too harsh to me imo. Maybe it's just my personality but I never thought alot of issues they had and hated was that big of a deal at the end of the day, at least not in the way they hated them. To me they seem like minor issues at best for the most part maybe 1 or 2 I can see being a bit of a bigger deal.

Reactions: Nironan and camube

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
okay i just read the post by tiur that you quoted. I get the problem now.

I guess i'm in the minority. i like the game. I like Update 2 the best but Update 3 is fine for me. I like Akira too, she's what is called tsundere in Japanese character archetype. I think that could be what the dev are going for. Whether or not Valentine is designed for the Yandere character archetype or not, I'm not sure cuz it's been a long time since i played it.

But my general impression of the game is that, from the get-go it isn't perfect. The highs are very high but there are mediocre points too.

Dialogue is some times really funny though, i love it.
I wouldn't say i'm jonesing for next updates, but i would say if next updates comes out, i would put aside time to play it
You are not in the minority man, most ppl really enjoyed the game. The people that didn't are very very loud about it. In almost all things, the large majority tend to be made up of lurkers, that usually only really move when they feel bothered by something (and thus becoming part of the loud minority).

The game is awesome and some people were having (and seem to still be having) some wildly exaggerated and overblown takes. The curious thing is that they still seem to be following the game thread even after nuking the game's last patch.

I think this game is excellent. Not perfect, no, but excellent. Does it have things to improve though? For sure.

Seems to me like those takes from multiple people are very unfair (if you go and see the posts of those ppl on other games you see that the treatment given to each game is not consistent). To me it looks like more of a personal thing, in which the way they envisioned the game's image and direction stopped matching what the game actually became (or is becoming).

I can empathize, but it's not fair to this game, or it's creator.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Nironan

camube

Jun 4, 2022
This 100% the text interactions between the Akira ( Boss Bitch) and Valentine made me love their characters they went from me hating their guts to them probably being my favorites because of how much I loved the interactions. Sometimes comedy just goes a long way in games like this for some people and this was one of those times for me.
Yeah my impression is that MC is unfazed by Akira, and the two just riff of each other

Nironan

Dec 27, 2017
I hope we elevate the conversation to more than just " shut up, you are a minority because I said so lol"
You are right on that I did leave out the uplikes. Yet you forgot the likes on the OP too, and actually on whole thread, based on checking the date when they liked and how likely it is they played upd3, comparing to if they did post (EDIT: and find out if they changed their mind, just liked the comment yet also liked the update , ... and so on) - good luck with that. Also I already wrote that many ppl dont write/react but also, same as ka1tzer, that for sure much more exist, that still did like it. But I get it, its easier to be hatefull, disrespectfull than trying to see all sides. Btw it's even funny to see who upvoted it ... you should form a gang, you know (example names #TheDarkSiders, #DeniersOfTruth, #FewButLoud, #EyesWideShut) . I mean some that didnt like the update yet unable to see how I did mean it (not asking questions just ... leaving to your imagination), coincidence?

On that quote my post was never intended to shut up. It seems I have been missunderstood, sry if that was unclear. Though im not sure you read the posts before, cause there are always reasons. I did reply to Lathe29's post, because I for one dont see that enough reason for that silence. You might mix it up with me not wanting to recall it because its been discussed throughly, while the dev seems to have no interesst in changing these parts. Hope that seems reasonable, but feel free to comment if not. Again I did not intend to shutup, which I likely could not even if I wanted to. :D

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 53 Votes