Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Learn what? :WaitWhat:

I mean go to that post with your latest version, click on the report button, select other, fill in the description asking for your modded version which works with RenPy 7.4.x games to be added to the OP, as the current official releases often don't work anymore. That sends a report to the mods, who can edit the OP (or run it by Sam or something). Then anytime you need to alter your version, go back and edit the same post so the link from the OP always points to your current version. That's how user content gets added to the OP of all those game threads.

Otherwise most users will never find your version. Hopefully that will cut down on users posting in this thread about UnRen not working with new releases.
Well, I tried it, let's see what happens.
As I said, this is the first experience for me and I have no idea what to do from the point of view of developers and modders, especially when they do not create their own threads. :)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
For that's files unren don´t work i use decompiler.rpy ...
The last mention in this script talk about the passage to Python 2.6. This imply that this file haven't been updated since near to 7 years ! It suffice to look at all the issues that un.rpyc had to fix, to find examples that totally broke this script.

By example the arguments passed to menu and menu choice, like :
Code:
menu myMenu:
    "Blablabla"
    "choice 1"( alternate="not choice 1" ):
        "this is choice 1"
        jump myMenu
    "choice 2":
        "this is choice 2"
        jump myMenu
that is wrongly reverted by this script into :
Code:
menu myMenu:
    "Blablabla"
    "choice 1":
        "this is choice 1"
        jump myMenu
    "choice 2":
        "this is choice 2"
        jump myMenu
And we come back to the time where people were wondering how Summertime Saga did to have the Spanish/English sentences, since the English version was nowhere to be found in the source. What wasn't magic, just un.rpyc that didn't knew, at first, how to deal with this novelty.

The code you get seem correct, and should surely works, at least most of the time, but it isn't the code of the game, and the game itself will be broke most of the time because missing important parts.

I might give it a shot but if you can answer ahead of time =P.
Did it for you ;)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I'm sorry, I'm just trying to learn to use the console
So, lesson number one:

The console is just an interface between you and a game. Therefore, the only thing you can do from the console is what the game authorize you to do.
The possibility to "remove all clothes" totally depend of the game, as well as the way to do it. Therefore, lesson number two, it's on the game thread that you've to ask how to do it ; expected that the game seem to permit it.

Reactions: srksrk 68

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I'm sorry, I'm just trying to learn to use the console
OK. You say "console" in the thread about the tool unren.bat. The Ren'py console is the white window that opens (if you have the console enabled at all) when pressing SHIFT-O.

To enable the console, and to know what commands you could possibly type in there, you need tools like unren.bat which will enable specific options and/or extract the game sources.

To learn about such commands you need to study the game sources. Or, if you have specific questions, you could go to the game's specific thread and ask them there, since all this will be highly game specific, and hope someone did the reseach for you.

To answer your specific question: there is no magic console command to make clothes disappear. It may exist for specific games, if the game developer made nude models and clothing overlays, but that is not generally the case. And if so, there would most likely not be a single command for that.

Reactions: dhasghdashjdkajs

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Well, once the issue with the mythos has been resolved, it makes sense to post another UnRen mod.
I wanted to preserve the flexibility in directory placement, so this is a merging of

.9-dev +
HIGHLY simple logic to check for the x86_64 +
your mod v.5

Not optimized, but it would be good to update the OP with something new soon - feedback welcome.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I wanted to preserve the flexibility in directory placement, so this is a merging of

.9-dev +
HIGHLY simple logic to check for the x86_64 +
your mod v.5

Not optimized, but it would be good to update the OP with something new soon - feedback welcome.
I didn't really understand what the point of merging is? :unsure: Considering that my mod is based on version 0.9-Dev. And checking the folder with the necessary python is also present there. At least in the latest version exactly, and given that there is deobfuscation, the old version of my modification was used.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I didn't really understand what the point of merging is? :unsure: Considering that my mod is based on version 0.9-Dev. And checking the folder with the necessary python is also present there. At least in the latest version exactly, and given that there is deobfuscation, the old version of my modification was used.
I retained general logic to place the .bat in either the main or game folder, which I feel is friendlier.

Also used logic which is not necessarily pretty, but extends the current coding style (and has no Else If convention).

The curve of this thread is confusing at times, so if you feel that anything more recent is missing, just let me know here or via DM.

Reactions: Madeddy

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Hm. Well. Thats a nice surprise.
I did'n know we got this year a tool modding contest here... ^^ It feels like it begins to rain (*drumroll*) UnRen-mod's in this thread. :p Already the second contestant! Should i join in? I could add a blinking unren banner.. or some scary error messages(>'format c:' in progress<). Yeah, we need more flavour i'd say. Way to boring with just the bugs and stuff.

But, if someone adds a unren-java hybrid you will see me run. And fast!

p.s.
any way to remove clothes with console?
What kind of clothes are you talking about? :unsure:
I hope all of them.
If you guys find out how, you must tell me, ok? I need this for some woman research i want to do.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Hm. Well. Thats a nice surprise.
I did'n know we got this year a tool modding contest here...
Sam's busy right now and this was on our radar, anyway - so, I'm hoping to just settle on a single "gold" version for the OP, essentially.

Using best ideas from prior contributions seemed the right way to go here - plus, the code version info will call out contributors. If there is no problem with the one I posted, that can be the next OP version, for example.

We can always offer enhancements and decide to make new OP updates based on additional ideas over time, definitely.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I am just trying to wrap my head around what the issue was in the first place and changes in general. Here is a comparison of the 32 and 64 check. Fried on left and yours on right

1614717313511.png

From looking as well, unrpyc was changed out
1614717418757.png

I am all for one or the other or merging if needed. If your version does the same, then I dont see any issue.

Baddog-11

Jul 6, 2017
Uhm Hi,
I am not really a Coder but I saw that you guys are working on a new Version for the OP so I thought while you are at it, I'll ask if it would be possible to add a little something that I made for myself.

I am mainly using UnRen.bat only to enable the extra functions it offers (Option 3,4,5,6)
since I don't have any use for what the RPA packages contain nor the rpyc files.

Usually, I would just go for option 9 and then delete the files I don't need to save hard drive space or go through every single option separately which also takes some time.

Until I had a look at the UnRen.bat and decided to make a little change.
I added 2 new lines
Code:
echo 8) Only Enable Everything
and
Code:
if "%option%"=="8" goto :console
and then replaced every line of
Code:
if not "%option%" == "9" goto :finish
with
Code:
if not "%option%" == "8" or "%option%" == "9" goto :finish
This way UnRen.bat runs only all the options that enable something without the decompiling part at once which only takes like 3 seconds which is way faster than enabling everything separately.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: fried

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I am just trying to wrap my head around what the issue was in the first place and changes in general. Here is a comparison of the 32 and 64 check. Fried on left and yours on right

View attachment 1063014

From looking as well, unrpyc was changed out
View attachment 1063018

I am all for one or the other or merging if needed. If your version does the same, then I dont see any issue.
My modification also checks for the presence of 32 and 64-bit folders. I just refused the possibility of using this tool from the "game" folder, since I believe that any executable files should lie where they belong. Plus, I am confused by the construction "if...if...if...", and for some reason everyone else does not like my "else if". :unsure: at the expense of the code for the decompiler, yes, I entered the latest version available at that time from the "dev" branch.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Plus, I am confused by the construction "if...if...if...", and for some reason everyone else does not like my "else if". :unsure: at the expense of the code for the decompiler, yes, I entered the latest version available at that time from the "dev" branch.
Good question: in my case, I simply modified the .9-dev version awhile back to handle newer Ren'Py library distribution options, using what appeared to be the style of the original. Just mimicking what I saw.

--------------------------------

Updated the OP with a new v.91, associated changelog, etc. because people coming here should have a download that works equally well with Sunshine Love or any other games that the prior ones had issues handling.

Bug reports, enhancements/requests, etc. welcome.

Sam's busy, so he can demote me when he gets free time :D (I got Staff go-ahead, of course).

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
...Updated the OP with a new v.91, associated changelog...

Sam's busy, so he can demote me when he gets free time :D (I got Staff go-ahead, of course).
Nice we have some movement. :)

Lets see:
It would be new to me that after the number 9 the 91 comes. :rolleyes: (0.9-dev -> 0.91) [Yes, that's me being pedantic...]
- IF we have a slight change, then it would be 0.9.1. Means basically just a bugfix.
- In this case however we have the changes for python 64bit windows lib's and a important tool update.
So please go with version 0.10 or better with v0.11, because i used v0.10 already a ~year ago for a short lived unren update(Some RenPy changes did kill it).

More gruesome code stuff in "mod 5 0.91":
  • Nobody noticed i guess: In the line set "version=... the last number (191007) is just the release date of v0.9-dev. -> Invalid here.
  • Ever case of set "renpydir=%... is unneeded in UnRen. The var was and is never used.
  • There are two checks for the "python.exe" now.
  • Same for the other directory check "sets"(base & game dir)
Just saying. Works so far. For now...

Don't know if Sam anything mentioned. We talked winter/spring '20 a few times about a pure python rewrite of UnRen. Problem we got where all the changes in RenPy, the still missing py3 support and the from this resulting insecurity for any development.
I did anyway then in spring go ahead and did most of the rewrite but from Sam nothing anymore since then. A few contact trys in discord got nothing. Guess his interest/focus/free-time is still elsewhere. Who knows.

A version for py 2.7 is basically ready for tests. py 3 version also, but makes little sense to work with because unrpyc supports no py3 for now, so its missing in this version. Oh, there was something:

Anyone who wants to look and test -> attachment. Needs py27 installed and in windows colorama if working console colors are wanted. Report errors please.

Last edited:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Couldn't find the page :unsure:
Update: The link is broken at all :ROFLMAO:
It's the forum again. Tiring... Did try like 10 times and it errors. Used external now. Just a shot of a running unren 2 in pure python and everything working - so far.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes