Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Okay, but there are 2 .bat files in that zip file - UnRen-Master and UnRen-My. Which should be used for what?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Okay, but there are 2 .bat files in that zip file - UnRen-Master and UnRen-My. Which should be used for what?
I'm sorry, I forgot to delete the last file when I decided to throw a new one in the same archive. :HideThePain: Now the archive contains only one file. But in order not to download it again, use the master.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I'm sorry, I forgot to delete the last file when I decided to throw a new one in the same archive. :HideThePain: Now the archive contains only one file. But in order not to download it again, use the master.
Thank you for your swift response.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Update: I checked on the original scripts, the same error, which means it's either the author or the one who made the compressed version, because I downloaded it for the sake of working scripts.
I played not very far and cannot say at this point if the game logic fraked is, but if you seek for the "sophia_meal" var in question, you find it just in two files:
1) Where the var is set - in three possible variants
2) Where shes compared and your error pops up

From my pov with a quick look it should work. So your error could have a reason on your side... Are you sure you tested with a fresh unpacked game and not one contamined by the old unrpyc or such? :unsure:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I played not very far and cannot say at this point if the game logic fraked is, but if you seek for the "sophia_meal" var in question, you find it just in two files:
1) Where the var is set - in three possible variants
2) Where shes compared and your error pops up

From my pov with a quick look it should work. So your error could have a reason on your side... Are you sure you tested with a fresh unpacked game and not one contamined by the old unrpyc or such? :unsure:
I specially packed up the correct sources for such things, so as not to lose them. I also found the variable itself. I don't use Atom for nothing. Renpy file support and project search help a lot. And I also noticed that the variable should be created anyway. I went through the game from a fresh start twice, first on decompiled sources, and then on those that are in the archive. In both cases, this error occurs at the end. Maybe it's the source code in the compressed version, I'm just too lazy to download the whole game again, because this is not a matter of 5 minutes, but I will try tomorrow to make sure that the official version does not have this and it also decompiles, just in case.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Too quick, the look. It come from the original game, that have a big flaw:
Code:
    if sophia_food == False:
       [...]
    else:
       [sophia_meal is defined there]
    [...]
    [Later sophia_meal will be tested]
Exactly.I also didn't pay attention to it earlier. Probably the one who wrote the mod-walkthrough for this game, fixed this moment, because I did not see this error when I passed the game for the first time, i need to check now.
Update: I checked, the mod checks the sophia_food variable before sofia_metal, and since it is false, Renpy probably doesn't care whether the second variable exists or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoyomistro

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Too quick, the look. It come from the original game, that have a big flaw:
Go on, rub it in. :rolleyes: :LOL:
I should have written "very" quick. Pops just up if the player chooses a rare variant. But you're correct. should have seen it.
I also didn't pay attention to it earlier. Probably the one who wrote the mod-walkthrough for this game, fixed this moment...
Haha. Another "quick looker." :p So im not the only one... It's even a double "not attention pay'd":
No - to your statement. The games dev fixed the bug already a week ago with a hotfix, but nobody attached a info for "what" the hotfix is aka a changelog. The mod maker included it simply.
Btw.: The hotfix is linked on the opener/game overview site. We could have found it earlier. "Much ado about nothing." :HideThePain:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: yoyomistro

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Go on, rub it in. :rolleyes: :LOL:
I should have written "very" quick. Pops just up if the player chooses a rare variant. But you're correct. should have seen it.
Haha. Another "quick looker." :p It's even a double "not attention pay'd":
No - to your statement. The games dev fixed the bug already a week ago with a hotfix, but nobody attached a info for "what" the hotfix is aka a changelog. The mod maker included it simply.
Btw.: The hotfix is linked on the opener/game overview site. "Much ado about nothing." :HideThePain:
Well, like I said, it's the compressed version. In any case, decompilation has nothing to do with it, and therefore it does not matter where the legs grow from there. :)

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
VepsrP About the UnRen mod of you:
Original Unren allows beside the game root/base dir also to place UnRen into the /game subdir. You removed this little courtesy extra. By choice or accidentally?
Just to clear it; i have no problem with it. The "one" location to "rule them all" is enough for me. ;)

Another thing: Be careful with ... "else if" ... constructs in batch. It makes mostly problems.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
VepsrP About the UnRen mod of you:
Original Unren allows beside the game root/base dir also to place UnRen into the /game subdir. You removed this little courtesy extra. By choice or accidentally?
Just to clear it; i have no problem with it. The "one" location to "rule them all" is enough for me. ;)

Another thing: Be careful with ... "else if" ... constructs in batch. It makes mostly problems.
First, yes, intentionally, I don't see the point of throwing this file anywhere other than the root folder, plus it's easier for me to track where what components are located. But at the expense of
Code:
 else if
constructs, I personally have no problems with them, although again, I look at the moment from the point of view of C-like languages, perhaps there may be problems with this in batch, but so far everything seems to work. :unsure:

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
It uses \lib\windows-x86_64\ instead of the windows-i686. Simple fix.
64 bit games will no longer have the i686 python added.

If you don't want to wait for a fixed .bat then the simplest method would be to copy and paste the windows-x86_64 folder to the same location but rename it windows-i686 so both the game and the .bat work.

Last edited:

pablo.1297

Jan 2, 2019
I solved it by pasting the game folder in another game, and running unren there, it worked but no idea why. English is not my first language, don't kill me for typos.

Reactions: Davzen

leproso0413

May 26, 2017
I solved it by pasting the game folder in another game, and running unren there, it worked but no idea why. English is not my first language, don't kill me for typos.
I didn't understand how you did it, I'm having problems with unren for sunshine love 0.5, how did you solve it? I didn't understand to paste the game in another game.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Any solution for this? It does not work only for one game. Why?
I can't run unren with sunshine love v0.5, any solution?
Sunshine Love, like many other games, has updated their version of RenPy to 7.4.x.

As funog1 says, the existing 0.8 and 0.9 version of UnRen often won't work with this version of RenPy:
It uses \lib\windows-x86_64\ instead of the windows-i686. Simple fix.
64 bit games will no longer have the i686 python added.
VepsrP has released a modified version of UnRen which works with current versions of RenPy, including Sunshine Love. So use that, then there's no need to copy folders/game libraries around.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes