Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Interesting saga man. Just a couple of questions. Did you base your version on Madeddy 's edited 10.1 version, or Sam's 0.9 version? Looks like Sam's based on the RPATool. Second, is your deobfuscation backwards compatible, or only for the newest version of Ren'Py? It looks like unrpyc was updated last month so just wondering if it was even necessary to use something different for deobfuscation.

Good work dude always interesting to see someone take a deep dive into the world of hacking tools, I'm content to wade around on the surface for the most part :LUL:.

EDIT: Also, why not name yourself @Gideon678 get an obscure biblical reference in and your name =P.
This was originally Sam's unRen 0.9-Dev. As for deobfuscation, it is native to unrpyc. It's just that earlier, when I first tried to put a new version of the decompiler in this batch file, I cut it out. I can't say anything about compatibility with projects on older versions of RenPy, need to find them and test them. :unsure:
At the expense of the nickname - no biblical references. Not my topic :)

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
What a find. Indeed. And a weird one also. I am jealous i think. You should have probably played in the lottery this week. :oops:
Anyway, this "dict object" looks really gruesome. As the dict 'value' I've seen everything, but this?
Huh? I do not get this one? Whats wrong with the name? Is this some english thing? A insider joke? :WaitWhat:

BACK to bug stuff: I get it nobody reported the bug(s) anywhere? Doy ou? Or should I?
On this site, I am signed as VepsrP, and the file is signed as "mod by Gideon". Just to make it clear that it's me, not someone else, who I'm stealing all the glory from.:LUL: And as for why I want to use such a nickname, I myself do not remember the reason, at least 5 years have passed since I was inspired by it. And yes, this is definitely not some English thing, I myself am from Russia. I would rather give out some Russian humor, but unfortunately it is quite difficult to put it on the English integral, and our humor can easily offend most representatives of Western culture.:BootyTime:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Anyway, this "dict object" looks really gruesome. As the dict 'value' I've seen everything, but this?
I was as surprised, but looking at the doc, and Ren'py's core, there's no mistake ; the tuple for the key is implicit I guess.

BACK to bug stuff: I get it nobody reported the bug(s) anywhere? Doy ou? Or should I?
My only github account is professional, so for obvious reason I can't really report it myself to CensoredUsername, sorry. And, as weird as is this behavior, I think it should stay in Ren'py since it help more than it harm.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
...our humor can easily offend most representatives of Western culture.:BootyTime:
Do we sound like the pope or some broom-up-the-behind folks? Gah. :cool: Humor away as much as you want.
I was as surprised, but looking at the doc, and Ren'py's core, there's no mistake ; the tuple for the key is implicit I guess.

..I think it should stay in Ren'py since it help more than it harm.
Agreed. I noticed also while looking for it. Intended. This was even in v6.99.x in RenPy and who knows how long before.
... for obvious reason I can't really report it myself ....
Thats quit ok. No prob. :) I will report the issue. Did anyways pester them(unrpyc staff) last month with other stuff.
Just need to know or we double and triple reporting in the end.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Do we sound like the pope or some broom-up-the-behind folks? Gah. :cool:
It could be a joke about BLM or something Equivalent. I'm not sure how acceptable that would be. And getting a permanent ban is not part of my plans.:LUL:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
This was originally Sam's unRen 0.9-Dev. As for deobfuscation, it is native to unrpyc. It's just that earlier, when I first tried to put a new version of the decompiler in this batch file, I cut it out. I can't say anything about compatibility with projects on older versions of RenPy, need to find them and test them. :unsure:
At the expense of the nickname - no biblical references. Not my topic :)
Yea, it was mostly a joke, I'm an atheist myself but was raised in a religious household. There's also Gideon Mallick from HYDRA in Marvel properties like Agents of SHIELD and one of the Avengers movies, I think it was Age of Ultron... Thanks for the clarification on the deobfuscation. I might give your version a shot with some older games to see if it's backwards compatible at some point but too lazy for now :LUL: . Haven't started many of the newer games I've seen lately but good to have your version as a backup if I run into any issues.

CruelOcean

Sep 17, 2018
Working smoothly in every renpy game till now, having trouble in this one as it doesnt work and says cannot locate the .exe . I tried other approaches like the unren-dev.rpy and unren-rollback.rpy but no luck either. Anyone know a solution?
have the same problem with that specific game

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Working smoothly in every renpy game till now, having trouble in this one as it doesnt work and says cannot locate the .exe . I tried other approaches like the unren-dev.rpy and unren-rollback.rpy but no luck either. Anyone know a solution?
I'll see what the problem is when I download it.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
Unren.bat does not decompile rpyc files. I don't know why.. But i downloaded un.rpyc and it did the trick.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Unren.bat does not decompile rpyc files. I don't know why.. But i downloaded un.rpyc and it did the trick.
A chance that the problem was discussed in the previous pages of the thread, because it's really not the kind of comment that could help someone to understand what happen, and so solve the issue.

Well, at least, like un.rpyc works, I assume that it's still the 7.4.x issue, and cross my fingers that it's effectively the case.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
...I check both the python folder and the python folder.
This seem to me a bit ineffective to check two times "the" python folder :LOL:

A chance that the problem was discussed in the previous pages of the thread...
Certainly. You're spot on.
MWeb Unren has gotten old and uses logically a old version of unrypc which does not work anymore.

VepsrP anne O'nymous The decompile error in "Mythos" is fixed - for me at least it works. Put the attached file in "../unrpyc/decompiler/ (replace) and test it please.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

MWeb Unren has gotten old and uses logically a old version of unrypc which does not work anymore.

VepsrP anne O'nymous The decompile error in "Mythos" is fixed - for me at least it works. Put the attached file in "../unrpyc/decompiler/ (replace) and test it please.
I don't remember exactly what I meant by that, I was probably going to clarify the python version, but I forgot about it, or there was a translator glitch that I didn't notice.:ROFLMAO: As for the file, I'll check it out as soon as I get back from the store. By the way, where did you get it from?" There is no new activity on github, so personal development?

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I don't remember exactly what I meant by that, I was probably going to clarify the python version, but I forgot about it...
I guessed you did mean you checked the py 32 bit folder and also the one for 64 bit. :cool:
By the way, where did you get it from?" There is no new activity on github, so personal development?
No. From github. Decompiler stuff in there flies mostly over my head still. And yes, there is recent activity there.

1) I reported the issue in the project:
2) You need to look in the "development" branch for the changed file.
Have fun

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I guessed you did mean you checked the py 32 bit folder and also the one for 64 bit. :cool:
Well, yes, that's what I meant, maybe I should have described it more accurately in the previous answer. :)
No. From github. Decompiler stuff in there flies mostly over my head still. And yes, there is recent activity there.

1) I reported the issue in the project:
2) You need to look in the "development" branch for the changed file.
Have fun
And I, as the smartest, am looking for activity in the master branch.:HideThePain: Something stupid, I forgot that there are several branches.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

So, well, I checked, everything works fine, the game started and even almost all went from start to finish. (y) But during the prologue, an error suddenly popped up. Attached a traceback, if interested. The most surprising thing is that according to the logic of the game, this error should not be, since the variable should be created anyway, although most often to avoid such incidents, other developers initialize all the variables at the beginning of the script, to be sure.
Update: I checked on the original scripts, the same error, which means it's either the author or the one who made the compressed version, because I downloaded it for the sake of working scripts.:unsure:

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes