Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

mirian

Nov 18, 2018
Ok Victor, I'm really bad with this stuff (copy and paste). I have some games downloaded but I don't know how to extract the images, your explanation was very good I will try again to see if I can. Thanks

Reactions: Walter Victor

l1pp13jm

Oct 22, 2019
View attachment 1065329

I had originally created this script for myself, but I've decided to clean it up a bit and release it for everyone. You can extract RPA archives (using built in ), decompile RPYC files (using built in ), enable the console and developer menu for Ren'Py games and more.

No dependencies, no internet connection required. You can right click->edit to see the source. Works on Windows 7, 8 and 10. XP and Vista users might need this PowerShell update from Microsoft:

Instructions:
1. Copy UnRen.bat to either the game's root directory (where the exe is) or the /game/ folder
2. Double click on UnRen.bat to execute
3. Select the option you require

Both RPA and RPYC files will be extracted/decompiled to the same path as the original files.

Known Issues:
- Having non-ASCII characters in your folder path may cause issues

Let me know if you encounter any issues or bugs.

Contributions:
If you'd like to contribute any changes or improvements, check out the new (currently out of date)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is there something like this for android?

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I know it has been mentioned before that sometimes UnRen is unable to find the scripts in the game folder. Don't know if a solution has been given but I have found a solution to the problem if you have this problem.

Problem: If all the scripts are in subfolders of the game folder then UnRen cannot find the scripts.

Solution: All you have to do is put one script directly in the game folder and once that is done use decompile in UnRen after that it will decompile all the scripts in the other folders as well.

For example: The Game V.I.R.T.U.E.S has all it's scripts in subfolders and UnRen was unable to find them. I use the transparent textbox mod so I put the y_outline.rpy in the game folder and then as soon as I decompiled again it found all the scripts in the subfolders and decompiled them as well.

It would seem that if there are no scripts in the game folder then UnRen does not scan the subfolders for any scripts but if there is one then UnRen then scans all the subfolders for scripts.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I know it has been mentioned before that sometimes UnRen is unable to find the scripts in the game folder. Don't know if a solution has been given but I have found a solution to the problem if you have this problem.

Problem: If all the scripts are in subfolders of the game folder then UnRen cannot find the scripts.

Solution: All you have to do is put one script directly in the game folder and once that is done use decompile in UnRen after that it will decompile all the scripts in the other folders as well.

For example: The Game V.I.R.T.U.E.S has all it's scripts in subfolders and UnRen was unable to find them. I use the transparent textbox mod so I put the y_outline.rpy in the game folder and then as soon as I decompiled again it found all the scripts in the subfolders and decompiled them as well.

It would seem that if there are no scripts in the game folder then UnRen does not scan the subfolders for any scripts but if there is one then UnRen then scans all the subfolders for scripts.
Dude, this problem is not relevant for a long time, if everyone would read the comments and try not to clog them. I have even created a separate thread for the current and working version of the tool. No dancing with a tambourine is needed with her. The version that is in the header of this thread has not been relevant for a long time.

akastyr

Oct 6, 2018
tried to unren the archives of a game but i get this error

ImportError: No module named site
+ Unpacking "scripts.rpa" - 4227525 bytes
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]

tried to workaround it copyng the folders "lib" and "renpy" but was not solved

did anyone had a similar problem?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
tried to unren the archives of a game but i get this error

ImportError: No module named site
+ Unpacking "scripts.rpa" - 4227525 bytes
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]

tried to workaround it copyng the folders "lib" and "renpy" but was not solved

did anyone had a similar problem?
What game? what is the version of the tool? this is also important information.

Tremeres

May 28, 2017
Hi guys,

is there any chance to include some kind of variable file printer with a key shortcut?
Python:
file = open("variables.txt","w")
long
file.write(', '.join(dir()))
file.close()
Maybe even with the current values?

That would be awesome for some analyzing in an external editor.

Altaviat

May 16, 2017
Last edited:

akastyr

Oct 6, 2018
strange i downloaded the game from both mega (before link went down) and anonfiles win versione, but both files create those errors unpacking. I also suspect that something is wrong with win version.
By any chance for what OS you downloaded the game?

Altaviat

May 16, 2017
strange i downloaded the game from both mega (before link went down) and anonfiles win versione, but both files create those errors unpacking. I also suspect that something is wrong with win version.
By any chance for what OS you downloaded the game?
Still Win 10 here, WinRar 5.61 x64.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Tried using this on BAK 0.8 but it didnt work.

View attachment 1508329
If you read the comments a little, you would know that the version in the header has not been working for a long time. Here is a link to my thread with the current version of the tool. If it does not help, then I will already look at what the problem may be.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hi guys,

is there any chance to include some kind of variable file printer with a key shortcut?
Python:
long
file.close()
Maybe even with the current values?

That would be awesome for some analyzing in an external editor.
I don't think it's possible. this requires a python parser on python, and I have not met this, although I myself was looking for about the same thing.

Tremeres

May 28, 2017
I don't think it's possible. this requires a python parser on python, and I have not met this, although I myself was looking for about the same thing.
I didn't work with python/renpy before, but couldn't you create a .rpy file like unren-dev.rpy and inject this kind of code? Or is this something different?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I didn't work with python/renpy before, but couldn't you create a .rpy file like unren-dev.rpy and inject this kind of code? Or is this something different?
And how do you imagine getting a list of variables? It's physically impossible. Only if you write a parser that will analyze the code and determine what is a variable and what is not. And believe me, this is a very high level of programming. People who can write such a thing are unlikely to sit on this site. Another option is if the developer takes care of it himself and documents all the variables. Nobody does that either. Unfortunately for you, no one can write such a magic button. But you can safely open the sources of the game with the code and see for yourself what the variables are. :)

Tremeres

May 28, 2017
And how do you imagine getting a list of variables? It's physically impossible. Only if you write a parser that will analyze the code and determine what is a variable and what is not. And believe me, this is a very high level of programming. People who can write such a thing are unlikely to sit on this site. Another option is if the developer takes care of it himself and documents all the variables. Nobody does that either. Unfortunately for you, no one can write such a magic button. But you can safely open the sources of the game with the code and see for yourself what the variables are. :)
I think you probably misunderstand me:
I provided already the code I'm using to print a list of variables of the scope via the console into a file. It could be improved by looping through the array and retrieve also the values, but that's a detail issue.
Python:
long
file.close()
My question is: is it possible to create an injection rpy file via unren (like unren-dev.rpy), which uses something like my provided code and links this to a hotkey? I think I saw something like this, which could be probably used:
Python:
screen keys():
  key "p" ...
When I have some time I'll look into it myself and perhaps I can build a sample file. And yes, I'm a developer but I don't know python or renpy (yet).

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes