Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Old and Ugly

Jan 31, 2021
I've been using this tool to extract the images from Renpy programs, and loving it...but I've noticed that sometimes when I run it and choose the 1 option, it takes a fraction of the time it normally does and produces virtually zero images. Is this because of the way the dev has structured the package?

Sorry, I know very little about Renpy.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
When you're installing a mod that requires you to unpack the game's .rpa's with this program, is it safe to delete them once you've done so? AOA Academy is almost 10 GB already, doubling that is a big nope from me. (I asked in the mod thread, but got no response.)

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
When you're installing a mod that requires you to unpack the game's .rpa's with this program, is it safe to delete them once you've done so? AOA Academy is almost 10 GB already, doubling that is a big nope from me. (I asked in the mod thread, but got no response.)
Hrm... a mod shouldn't really need you to unpack original's files but anyway, yes, you can safely delete the rpa after that - note that you'll probably lose the original script files after installing the mod so you won't be able to play the original game anymore unless you extract the game's zip again.

Basically, .rpa is container (think of it like it's another zip) so once you unren it, all its content is dumped within the game folder (scripts but also pics, vids and more). Ren'py will then use those extracted files to run the game so everything that it's still in the rpa become useless

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
is there any button for turning off insta-skipping on ctrl.
as i got a game unrened, and i was able to insta-skip until i wasnt.
never experienced that . closed, unrened, opened again. nothing. did about 3 times.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
never experienced that . closed, unrened, opened again. nothing. did about 3 times.
You can only disable skip unseen text if it is chosen. Disabling a full skip may be more difficult, if not impossible at all.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
impossible at all.
if no button then it is a troubling situation , will at least try and re-install the game & delete old folder...

didnot help

can save be corrupted somehow...to the extent that unren wouldnot force skipping again ?

(in the game i play it appears that minigame causes skipping to stop afterwards)

i had a thought that i wish there were variable just to tweak ...imagine my surrprise there was skipping 1/0 ...on 0.

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
if no button then it is a troubling situation , will at least try and re-install the game & delete old folder...

didnot help

can save be corrupted somehow...to the extent that unren wouldnot force skipping again ?

(in the game i play it appears that minigame causes skipping to stop afterwards)

i had a thought that i wish there were variable just to tweak ...imagine my surrprise there was skipping 1/0 ...on 0.
And why just not press ctrl? I don't really understand the essence of the problem yet. And why using skip during the mini-game?

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
And why just not press ctrl? I don't really understand the essence of the problem yet. And why using skip during the mini-game?
eh u got it all wrong

it is better to read in reverse order...
main point is that
1. i got a game unrened (caz it had no skipping at all) an was able to insta-skip (=it worked as usually with renpys)
2. until i wasnt (=stopped working)
3. 'is there any button for turning off insta-skipping on ctrl.' that was me thinking that i might have pressed something to cause it to stop working (thus if there were a button - i can press it again to make it work again)

why using skip during the mini-game?-never said/implied .
anyways that thing forced variable to be 0. (i want to think that it was meant to prevent skipping of minigame which affects progression, though i was not able to skip anything without unren, and if it is indeed impossible - that speculation should be wrong. like why to go such lengths when you just dont have that option for text skipping anyway )
and i think that variable was not listed (as it has that 'new' tag in the saveeditor list)

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
eh u got it all wrong

it is better to read in reverse order...
main point is that
1. i got a game unrened (caz it had no skipping at all) an was able to insta-skip (=it worked as usually with renpys)
2. until i wasnt (=stopped working)
3. 'is there any button for turning off insta-skipping on ctrl.' that was me thinking that i might have pressed something to cause it to stop working (thus if there were a button - i can press it again to make it work again)

why using skip during the mini-game?-never said/implied .
anyways that thing forced variable to be 0. (i want to think that it was meant to prevent skipping of minigame which affects progression, though i was not able to skip anything without unren, and if it is indeed impossible - that speculation should be wrong. like why to go such lengths when you just dont have that option for text skipping anyway )
and i think that variable was not listed (as it has that 'new' tag in the saveeditor list)
By pressing ctrl, you can only skip the text you have already seen. So my guess about what happened is that you started to play the game, then unrened it because skip unseen text was disabled by game's dev, and then when you opened the game again you were able to skip the parts you had already seen, as normally - until you got to a point you didn't see before, so you couldn't skip anymore. You would have done the same without unren. There's no variable to control this, it's an internal Ren'Py feature that stores the text you have seen in the persistent save file

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Tell me if I understood you correctly. Do you want to go back to the mini-game, but the main game does not allow you to do this and the rollback only reaches the scene after the mini-game?

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
He's playing an abandoned game (Paradise Lofts) that includes minigames. Dev disabled the skipping option in the preferences menu because players who had 'skip unseen text' enabled had trouble completing some of those minigames. So you can only skip seen text by pressing tab, as in any normal game. Now this guy just want to speedrun and cheat the game (he's asking for specific variables in the game's thread)

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
Tell me if I understood you correctly. Do you want to go back to the mini-game, but the main game does not allow you to do this and the rollback only reaches the scene after the mini-game?
forget about minigame. it is not an issue.
im saying that a game force-disables unren-skipping of unrened game (and game was unrened because it had no insta-skipping). and unrenning it again doesnot help

Dev disabled the skipping option in the preferences menu because players who had 'skip unseen text' enabled had trouble completing some of those minigames
yeah that was one of my thoughts.

you can only skip seen text by pressing tab,
i always have that in settings an i vaguely remember that there is some black square skipping >>> but it never did anything for me as i always check at the start if i can ctrl insta-skip everything. in most cases i can , if not - i do unren. so i never got to repeatable/seen text situations

asking for specific variables in the game's thread
if dev plays dirty and kills qol - cheating is the way.
why not to make skippable minigames like normal devs would do.

Last edited:

toccata

Nov 24, 2020
I tried to edit the text of a game in script.rpy and Scripts.rpa after running UnRen.bat. The game starts afterwards with an error message that the script is not compatible.

Is there somewhere instructions how to edit text of RenPy games ?

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes