Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I tried to edit the text of a game in script.rpy and Scripts.rpa after running UnRen.bat. The game starts afterwards with an error message that the script is not compatible.

Is there somewhere instructions how to edit text of RenPy games ?
Any instructions for creating games in RenPy.

c.unlockk1

Aug 13, 2018
Hello, i have a question with this, some games have the .rpyc , rpa in subfolders, i run this program and it looks like it only decompile the rpyc that are only in the part of the game folder, but the scripts that are in the subfolders are not decompiled, any suggestion with that ?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Reactions: c.unlockk1

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Sorry, I don't follow, can you specify the post? But keep in mind that if you read carefully, my problem is not the same as Wumpar.
Yes, it is. You don't have the latest update of the tool, which is linked some posts above

Reactions: SplashCC

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
ok thanks. I didn't imagine we would have another topic for it...
That is why it is very important to read the comments. At least the last couple of pages. There may be quite useful information there.(y)

SplashCC

Aug 8, 2017
That is why it is very important to read the comments. At least the last couple of pages. There may be quite useful information there.(y)
while I understand the need. I had downloaded the tool yesterday. I've used the previous version in all my games, never found that problem. The game was what was new. As I said, I would imagine the Thread to be updated or the versioning to be concatenated here. Honest mistake on my part, not lack of effort. And to be fair, your answer was a bit vague. You could have easily said #2,410. I would have skimmed 5 pages before I would have read the contents of your link.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
while I understand the need. I had downloaded the tool yesterday. I've used the previous version in all my games, never found that problem. The game was what was new. As I said, I would imagine the Thread to be updated or the versioning to be concatenated here. Honest mistake on my part, not lack of effort. And to be fair, your answer was a bit vague. You could have easily said #2,410. I would have skimmed 5 pages before I would have read the contents of your link.
Well, I didn't expect that my phrase "the answer is higher" would make you go so far. I wouldn't send you this far without certain pointers. In my opinion, it was logical that the answer is literally above, and not somewhere in the depth of the comments.:unsure::D And about the lack of updates to this topic - unfortunately I do not have the rights to do this. And since the main developer of the tool is busy with something else, then I took responsibility for updating the tool. Unfortunately, I had to make myself another topic. What I periodically remind you about here.

SplashCC

Aug 8, 2017
Well, I didn't expect that my phrase "the answer is higher" would make you go so far....
Yeah I know man, and I appreciate your answer even if a bit vague. I just wish you have said "update your version" and not "go look for the answer". All the rest I could infer after I saw your posts and that you were not the OP. All is fine and thanks again for the help/support. It turns out that I got to extract things even with the error, but I just realized that after my first post.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I want to congratulate you people. Now not only is the fight with the headers in the archives over (unless they come up with something more interesting), but also with the headers in the compiled code files. I was still able to make friends module renpy created by the decompiler with the module available in the engine. The latest version of the tool can be found as always at this link.

Reactions: Meushi

eike2000

May 9, 2017
Please help me : when press 1, it unzip rpa into rpyc then option 2 it translate rpyc into pry but every comment line in file is removed (i put example in asdf.rar file) and i hope next update is have combine option 1 and 2 together

jestir

May 4, 2018
Please help me : when press 1, it unzip rpa into rpyc then option 2 it translate rpyc into pry but every comment line in file is removed (i put example in asdf.rar file) and i hope next update is have combine option 1 and 2 together
use option 9 default comments are removed only comments left by the creator is still there

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
This is not a decompiling problem. This is how compilation works. Comments are written for people. The program doesn't need them. Thus, when the source code is compiled, all comments are skipped, they are not in the RPYC files. But the position for the code is remembered, so empty lines remain when decompiling.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes