Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

dp107

Oct 28, 2021
Is there a way to update the Ren'Py library in existing game i downloaded. It is too choppy. the log states Ren'Py 7.0.0.196, while latest is 7.4.11?

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Is there a way to update the Ren'Py library in existing game i downloaded. It is too choppy. the log states Ren'Py 7.0.0.196, while latest is 7.4.11?
Why would you want to do that? The game will work perfectly fine as it is, only with the features of 7.0 version. Adding newer ones could break the game

dp107

Oct 28, 2021
Why would you want to do that? The game will work perfectly fine as it is, only with the features of 7.0 version. Adding newer ones could break the game
I need some features that are missing in older version, do you know how is it done, I'll try troubleshoot the bugs when needed.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I need some features that are missing in older version, do you know how is it done, I'll try troubleshoot the bugs when needed.
Well, you could just paste a "renpy" folder from some game made with a newer version, but be aware that you might break some functions of the original game

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
The best solution would be to ask the author of the game to update the engine. because otherwise, even if you do it yourself, every next update will force you to redo everything again. If you decide to do it yourself, then first you should delve a little into creating games on RenPy and programming.

Reactions: dp107

camoway

May 15, 2017
no, and I doubt there ever will be due to that it is mostly used to unpack a renpy VN so people can make mods or look at the code to which you need to be on a computer to do
or we use it to see how much content was added, and or skip the grind and jack off to the update or use some of the .pngs as layers on your phone's launcher or to see if you missed any content or to see if the game has any sex content and how much or if the art style is something you like.
I am sure I am missing more things but extracting the game files is NOT
just for the boring reasons, you stated previously.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
Error:
"Could not extract file modules/0010_dscs_base/screens/common/info_elements.rpyc from archive: Python int too large to convert to C long"

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
Can someone help me use unren.bat to track down the file in "Dreams of Desire: Definitive Edition" that is in control of aligning the character names? thx

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Can someone help me use unren.bat to track down the file in "Dreams of Desire: Definitive Edition" that is in control of aligning the character names? thx
If you were able to unpack the archives and decompile the files with the code, then the search for the right code is already entirely on your shoulders. Or you can ask someone, but UnRen definitely cannot and will not search for files with the necessary content.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
I have been using this for a while now, and I am on 0.91 and trying to use option 4 ( quick save load) on Dark Magic v0.15.0 and it gives me can not locate python exe, never seen this before how do I fix it.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes