Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

shkong

Sep 7, 2022
Hello, I would like to know how to decompile the rpyc files in the game/scripts directory? My environment is Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801, the game author seems to put all the files in the scripts and not outside, so the bat prompt does not find *.rpyc

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
That game's resources are extracting correctly for me:

1662575624912.png

I can't read your system's localized language, but it appears there is an issue with the utility finding "powershell.exe" in the PATH.

I just uploaded a v1.04 of the utility which ensures that powershell is being called correctly - please let me know if that helps, otherwise send me a DM and we can debug further.

Reactions: Zirkul

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Hi, i always receive this errors, i tried alot of stuff but havent found a solution, maybe there is one here but i looked and didnt see it probably.
Hi, how does this relate to the UnRen utility, please?

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Hello, I would like to know how to decompile the rpyc files in the game/scripts directory? My environment is Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801, the game author seems to put all the files in the scripts and not outside, so the bat prompt does not find *.rpyc
v1.04 now performs a more robust .rpyc file subdirectory search, so that might help.

If you have the name of that game, I can test directly.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
UnRen 1.0.2 (or any other) didn't decompile rpyc for a Ren'Py 7.5.2 game (A Moment Of Bliss 2.2.1). It decompiled some, but not all rpyc files. When I put it in the game/ folder, it decompiles all of them just fine. That's weird... Previous unrens also worked from the game's main dir.
Thanks - v1.04 has been tested with A Moment of Bliss in both the main and game\ folders, so feel free to try it again to verify if anything remains amiss. That game has a rather weird Python install and it took some time to get it (hopefully) sorted.

LaVale

Sep 25, 2017
Thanks - v1.04 has been tested with A Moment of Bliss in both the main and game\ folders, so feel free to try it again to verify if anything remains amiss. That game has a rather weird Python install and it took some time to get it (hopefully) sorted.
not working decompiler .rpcy with option 2 and option 8, the program crash and close

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
not working decompiler .rpcy with option 2 and option 8, the program crash and close
There are no .rpcy files in the directory structure for this game when first installed. If you select option 2 before those are made available, the program will tell you that no such files exist, but not break:

1662618971854.png

You must first run option 1 to open up the .RPA files, which then populates the game directories with .rpcy files.

Then run option 2 and it should work fine:

1662618878641.png

Latest v1.0.5 has some added efficiencies, as well.

You can place UnRen.bat in either the main or game\ directory.

Siege Wizard

Nov 7, 2021
Using v1.0.5 and it's instantly closing the terminal when choosing the second option (Decompyle rpyc files) after succesfully executing the first one (Extract RPA packages). Tried both in the main and the `/game` directories. The exact game I'm trying to unren is this.

EDIT: I had previously used v0.9.1 with other games successfully, tried 0.9.1 with this game too and didn't work. That's why I updated to 1.0.5.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: fried

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Using v1.0.5 and it's instantly closing the terminal when choosing the second option (Decompyle rpyc files) after succesfully executing the first one (Extract RPA packages). Tried both in the main and the `/game` directories. The exact game I'm trying to unren is this.

EDIT: I had previously used v0.9.1 with other games successfully, tried 0.9.1 with this game too and didn't work. That's why I updated to 1.0.5.
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ol...windowed-3-7-0-unren-powershellhack-v2.92717/
Use it. Full support for any archives and manipulations with them. Maximum possible decompilation support. Several variations of the tool.

• Hey there
Reactions: LaVale

Zirkul

Jul 3, 2017
That game's resources are extracting correctly for me:

View attachment 2030656

I can't read your system's localized language, but it appears there is an issue with the utility finding "powershell.exe" in the PATH.

I just uploaded a v1.04 of the utility which ensures that powershell is being called correctly - please let me know if that helps, otherwise send me a DM and we can debug further.
Hey, you guys are the best. Problem solved. Everything works correctly. Thank you.
Only point 1 works. When decompiling .pryc files, the same error. (1.05)
(Windows7 system, Russian language, paths are spelled out everywhere in Windows)

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

LaVale

Sep 25, 2017
There are no .rpcy files in the directory structure for this game when first installed. If you select option 2 before those are made available, the program will tell you that no such files exist, but not break:

View attachment 2031490

You must first run option 1 to open up the .RPA files, which then populates the game directories with .rpcy files.

Then run option 2 and it should work fine:

View attachment 2031488

Latest v1.0.5 has some added efficiencies, as well.

You can place UnRen.bat in either the main or game\ directory.
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ol...windowed-3-7-0-unren-powershellhack-v2.92717/
Use it. Full support for any archives and manipulations with them. Maximum possible decompilation support. Several variations of the tool.

thanks friend, I used your recommendations and it worked perfectly for me, it is appreciated.

shkong

Sep 7, 2022
v1.04 now performs a more robust .rpyc file subdirectory search, so that might help.

If you have the name of that game, I can test directly.
Hello, the name of the game is Agent 17. When I use 1.0.5 I have the following problem:
1) When I use function 1 I encountered: 'bytes' object has no attribute 'encode'
0Q1A]O7HTZQJGF84CBV[H]O.png
2) After I unzip it with unrpa, it still looks like it can't find the .rpyc file when using function 2
WK0Q84IZIBDFX90OAWLOM0E.png
Looking forward to your help, thank you

daibach

Dec 4, 2017
Hello, the name of the game is Agent 17. When I use 1.0.5 I have the following problem:
1) When I use function 1 I encountered: 'bytes' object has no attribute 'encode'
View attachment 2034626
2) After I unzip it with unrpa, it still looks like it can't find the .rpyc file when using function 2
View attachment 2034630
Looking forward to your help, thank you
1. put unren.bat on the main game directory ? The one where's the .exe file.
2. i have no idea.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Just testing with a RenPy 8, 0, 1, I have this error on a few files. It seems it's related with the change of directory of the rpyc files.
On a quick first preview, the decompiled .rpy files don't seem corrupted.

Searching for rpyc files...

Le terminateur ' est manquant dans la chaîne.*
+ CategoryInfo : ParserError: ( : ) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : TerminatorExpectedAtEndOfString

+ Decompiling "game\options.rpyc" - 6924 bytes
Decompiling game\options.rpyc to game\options.rpy...
Decompilation of 1 script file successful

* The terminator ' is missing in the string.

Trminator

May 3, 2017
I got a bug fix for the bat no longer working, when placed in the /game/ folder of a py3/renpy8 game:
In line 245 to 256 it currently reads:
Code:
if not exist "%pythondir%python.exe" (
    set "pythondir=%currentdir%..\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\"
    set "renpydir=%currentdir%..\renpy\"
    set "gamedir=%currentdir%"
    if exist "game" if exist "lib" if exist "renpy" (
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\py3-windows-x86_64\"
        set "renpydir=%currentdir%renpy\"
        set "gamedir=%currentdir%game\"
        set renpy8=true
        set python3=true
    )
)
but it SHOULD read as follows (adding the two set's for python3 and renpy8 to the first part of the if not exist):

Code:
if not exist "%pythondir%python.exe" (
    set "pythondir=%currentdir%..\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\"
    set "renpydir=%currentdir%..\renpy\"
    set "gamedir=%currentdir%"
    set renpy8=true
    set python3=true
    if exist "game" if exist "lib" if exist "renpy" (
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\py3-windows-x86_64\"
        set "renpydir=%currentdir%renpy\"
        set "gamedir=%currentdir%game\"
        set renpy8=true
        set python3=true
    )
)

pepplez

Jun 7, 2020
1. put unren.bat on the main game directory ? The one where's the .exe file.
2. i have no idea.
I had the same issue but a diff error message. Try to put the unren.bat in the Agent17/game folder. There were the script.rpyc and table.rpyc is. Hope this helps.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes