Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Roshag

Jul 30, 2017

Roshag

Jul 30, 2017
Thanks - what were you attempting to do, please?

I was able to extract the RPA and set options without issue, but it seems the binary decompiler had a problem- will take a look for root cause + fix.
Launched the .bat - 1 - Enter - looked at all the errors - closed the window.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Can't get it to work with YuriUniversity and i've never had a problem before so i don't get why it'd be a problem with this game specifically... any ideas?
Error:
Code:
! Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
            Are you sure we're in the game's root or game directory?

Press any key to exit...

Roshag

Jul 30, 2017
Can't get it to work with YuriUniversity and i've never had a problem before so i don't get why it'd be a problem with this game specifically... any ideas?
Error:
Code:

Press any key to exit...
Is there any lib/python folder?

Roshag

Jul 30, 2017
Thanks - what were you attempting to do, please?

I was able to extract the RPA and set options without issue, but it seems the binary decompiler had a problem- will take a look for root cause + fix.
Aww, crap! I put it into /game folder, not game's main folder

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Error:
Code:

Press any key to exit...
Please download the latest version from the OP - that is something I would expect to see from earlier versions.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Is there any lib/python folder?
Well, the usual haystack is there, but my eye isn't trained enough to spot a needle amongst the hay. It looks all there to me, multiple python folders.
fef.png Untitled.png
Please download the latest version from the OP - that is something I would expect to see from earlier versions.
I downloaded whatever was up about minute before the post i made, it said it was v1.0.0 or something. Though now i can't find any attachment on the FP.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
FYI, updated to v1.0.1, partially fixing a bug where the Python 3-based rpyc decompilation was breaking.

It now runs better, but I have encountered some rpyc files which cause problems for the Python 3 decompiler (which is in a state of flux and will take a bit to resolve fully.)

In the meantime, if you need to decompile a rpyc file that does not work for running this utility on a Ren'Py 7.5+ based game, you could copy the problem file into the game folder of any older Ren'Py game and this utility will instead use the Python 2-based decompiler, which is more robust at this time.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
FYI, updated to v1.0.1, partially fixing a bug where the Python 3-based rpyc decompilation was breaking.

It now runs better, but I have encountered some rpyc files which cause problems for the Python 3 decompiler (which is in a state of flux and will take a bit to resolve fully.)

In the meantime, if you need to decompile a rpyc file that does not work for running this utility on a Ren'Py 7.5+ based game, you could copy the problem file into the game folder of any older Ren'Py game and this utility will instead use the Python 2-based decompiler, which is more robust at this time.
Yeah i just downloaded it and i'm still getting the same error... this is kind of out of my wheel house so i'm just going to consider it unavailable for this game and move on, thanks for the mod though, it's been very helpful in other games.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah i just downloaded it and i'm still getting the same error... this is kind of out of my wheel house so i'm just going to consider it unavailable for this game and move on, thanks for the mod though, it's been very helpful in other games.
Thanks, try the v1.0.2 just uploaded - your screenshot before revealed yet another Python library naming scheme that needed to be accommodated.

Reactions: RetroDen86

Zirkul

Jul 3, 2017
Hey, guys. An error occurs when working with the program (Errno2: No such file or directory). Script verrsion 8.0.1. The lib folder (file py3-windows-x86_64, python3.9.). Using the lib library with files from Pyton 2.7 does not solve the problem.

Last edited:

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Hey, guys. An error occurs when working with the program (Errno2: No such file or directory). Script verrsion 8.0.1. The lib folder (file py3-windows-x86_64, python3.9.). Using the lib library with files from Pyton 2.7 does not solve the problem.
Is this using v1.02 from the OP and have you placed the file in the game's main folder? And which game are you running this against, please?

pepplez

Jun 7, 2020
Hi guys, I always get an Error when trying to decompile .rpyc files:

Code:
Using Python2

Extracting _decomp.cab...
  Searching for rpyc files...
   + Decompiling "arch.rpyc" - 22430 bytes

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "[censored]...", line 49, in <module>
    import decompiler
ImportError: No module named decompiler
Do I miss a file or something? What's wrong? I know it worked before by another game. This Game is done with Renpy 7.4.

EDIT: OH MY! I had to place it in the games "game" Folder and it works like a charm.

Last edited:
Reactions: fried and majdaddin

TaaaaaLoco

Sep 26, 2021
Hi, i always receive this errors, i tried alot of stuff but havent found a solution, maybe there is one here but i looked and didnt see it probably.

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
UnRen 1.0.2 (or any other) didn't decompile rpyc for a Ren'Py 7.5.2 game (A Moment Of Bliss 2.2.1). It decompiled some, but not all rpyc files. When I put it in the game/ folder, it decompiles all of them just fine. That's weird... Previous unrens also worked from the game's main dir.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes