Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Thanks that one worked, I had actually tried UnRen-v.8.0.0(v3) just before I posted (though I misread the 0.91 as 9.1 aka the most recent) so I didn't think to try the 7.5, do you know why the 7.5 works when the 8.0 failed?
Well, from what I've heard there has been some code changes that made the unren version no longer functional.
This happened twice, first with the 7.5 versions and later with the 8.0 versions.
If you want more info i suggest you check out the thread. I'm by no means an expert on this.

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
For the future i suggest opening the script_version.txt file inside the game folder. In that file it shows what Renpy version it was compiled under.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
For the future i suggest opening the script_version.txt file inside the game folder. In that file it shows what Renpy version it was compiled under.
Yeah I saw that, like I said part of the problem was I misread the version number as 9.1 instead of 0.91, but thanks again

YawpMourne

Jul 22, 2018
So this is all we have as of now ?

Having a whole set of unren versions to try out one by one ?

If this is the case, I better start making compatibility spreadsheets...

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017

This version might still work for older games but I would not rely on it as it has not been updated in quite some time.

Go here for three working versions that match up with the various RenPY release versions that games are currently being coded against.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
This version might still work for older games but I would not rely on it as it has not been updated in quite some time.

Go here for three working versions that match up with the various RenPY release versions that games are currently being coded against.
I'll be damned! One of them actually works on Python 3! (y)

Unfortunately, that's all it works on. So I have to keep 2 other versions too, depending on the Python/Ren'Py version. Fortunately a peek into the lib directory will tell me which one to use. Good enough.

Last edited:

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I'll be damned! One of them actually works on Python 3! (y)

Unfortunately, that's all it works on. So I have to keep 2 other versions too, depending on the Python/Ren'Py version. Fortunately a peek into the lib directory will tell me which one to use. Good enough.
Yes, VepsrP has been doing great work trying to keep up with the various permutations of Python and RenPy that are currently in use. I don't know if his graphical interface version is designed to accommodate all three of his command line tools.

Reactions: Walter Victor

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Yes, VepsrP has been doing great work trying to keep up with the various permutations of Python and RenPy that are currently in use. I don't know if his graphical interface version is designed to accommodate all three of his command line tools.
The answer is no at the moment. But if the new version of the command line tool confirms that there are no problems
in various games, there is a chance.

Reactions: Regardie

Merge2000

Jul 30, 2022

As Eyecancer_Sheriff already posted on 2.Nov 2017: "The version of renpy you can normally find in the game directory in your gamefolder. There you have a file script_version.txt with contains the version number of the Renpy version the game was build on"

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Sam Me and Souleater added support for Ren'py 8 for the following options: Quick Save/Load, Forced Skipping, Forced Rollback, Console/Developer Menu.

We couldn't get Extract RPA and Decrypt RPYC to work. We're guessing those require more than just pointing to a new folder.

Bash:
REM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM Set our paths, and make sure we can find python exe
REM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
set "currentdir=%~dp0%"
set "pythondir=%currentdir%..\lib\windows-i686\"
set "renpydir=%currentdir%..\renpy\"
set "gamedir=%currentdir%"
if exist "game" if exist "lib" if exist "renpy" (
    set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\windows-i686\"
    set "renpydir=%currentdir%renpy\"
    set "gamedir=%currentdir%game\"
)

if not exist "%pythondir%python.exe" (
    set "pythondir=%currentdir%..\lib\windows-x86_64\"
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\windows-x86_64\"
    )
)

set "pythondir=%currentdir%..\lib\py3-linux-x86_64\"
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\py3-linux-x86_64\"
    )
)

set "pythondir=%currentdir%..\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\"
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\py3-windows-x86_64\"
    )
)

echo    ! Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
    echo             Are you sure we're in the game's root or game directory?
    echo.
    pause>nul|set/p=.            Press any key to exit...
    exit
)

:menu
There's probably a much simpler way of doing this than how we did it, but anyone who wants UnRen to work on Ren'py 8, can apply this to their UnRen and it should work in the meantime.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Anyone know why it doesn't work on My best deal v2.0?
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-best-deal-v2-0-pirot-king.37164/
It worked on v1.8
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Short answer not compatible.
Slightly more technical the folders are named differently and the script doesn't realize it.

You can just rename the folder temporarily, run Un-Ren, then revert the name change to the folder.
Unren is looking for windows-x86_64/windows-i686 or it's linux equivalent. It doesn't see that because the folders in there are all py2-windows-x86_64/py2-windows-i686 or linux equivalent.

Reactions: zenzaxaznez

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Short answer not compatible.
Slightly more technical the folders are named differently and the script doesn't realize it.

You can just rename the folder temporarily, run Un-Ren, then revert the name change to the folder.
Unren is looking for windows-x86_64/windows-i686 or it's linux equivalent. It doesn't see that because the folders in there are all py2-windows-x86_64/py2-windows-i686 or linux equivalent.
It's because it's using Ren'py 8, which changed from Python 2 to 3. The folders names inside of LIB were changed. The comment above yours fixes it.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Sam Me and Souleater added support for Ren'py 8 for the following options: Quick Save/Load, Forced Skipping, Forced Rollback, Console/Developer Menu.

We couldn't get Extract RPA and Decrypt RPYC to work. We're guessing those require more than just pointing to a new folder.

Bash:
REM Set our paths, and make sure we can find python exe
set "currentdir=%~dp0%"
set "pythondir=%currentdir%..\lib\windows-i686\"
    set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\windows-i686\"
)

set "pythondir=%currentdir%..\lib\windows-x86_64\"
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\windows-x86_64\"
    )
)

set "pythondir=%currentdir%..\lib\py3-linux-x86_64\"
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\py3-linux-x86_64\"
    )
)

set "pythondir=%currentdir%..\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\"
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\py3-windows-x86_64\"
    )
)

echo    ! Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
    echo             Are you sure we're in the game's root or game directory?
    echo.
    pause>nul|set/p=.            Press any key to exit...
    exit
)

:menu
There's probably a much simpler way of doing this than how we did it, but anyone who wants UnRen to work on Ren'py 8, can apply this to their UnRen and it should work in the meantime.
I'm afraid you're a little late with this job. :BootyTime: UnRen has been supporting RenPy 8 versions for a long time. And it can even unpack and decompile the code safely. However, not in this branch, but in another, because Sam has not supported this tool for a long time, and it is not so convenient to post in the comments. I invite you here. Today, a little later, I'm even going to post another update, which (in theory and partial practice) supports all game engines starting from version 7.3 at least.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
It's because it's using Ren'py 8, which changed from Python 2 to 3. The folders names inside of LIB were changed. The comment above yours fixes it.
I just misread your script. Looked to me like it wasn't addressing the missing py2-* directories so i added that work around. Your fixes should defintely work as they are basically the automated version of what i said.

d0tc0m

Jun 15, 2021
Hi and thanks fo files and advice
doe's we have possibility to remove text on picture ?
I tried with the french language and english but nbnothing works
I also tried to restart the game for the same result (the text is still on screen)
Thanks again

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
I'm afraid you're a little late with this job. :BootyTime: UnRen has been supporting RenPy 8 versions for a long time. And it can even unpack and decompile the code safely. However, not in this branch, but in another, because Sam has not supported this tool for a long time, and it is not so convenient to post in the comments. I invite you here. Today, a little later, I'm even going to post another update, which (in theory and partial practice) supports all game engines starting from version 7.3 at least.
Which file do we download? There is like 5-6 of them?

Thrasher935

Dec 10, 2018
I have this problem: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.

UnRen is in root game folder, the game is Lust and Power.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes