Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Trminator

May 3, 2017
I had the same issue but a diff error message. Try to put the unren.bat in the Agent17/game folder. There were the script.rpyc and table.rpyc is. Hope this helps.
That only works, if you make the changes, that I showed above your post (if Agent17 is a renpy8/python3 game) :)

Reactions: pepplez

SyddSparty

May 13, 2018
I got a bug fix for the bat no longer working, when placed in the /game/ folder of a py3/renpy8 game:
In line 245 to 256 it currently reads:
Code:
if not exist "%pythondir%python.exe" (
    set "pythondir=%currentdir%..\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\"
    set "renpydir=%currentdir%..\renpy\"
    set "gamedir=%currentdir%"
    if exist "game" if exist "lib" if exist "renpy" (
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\py3-windows-x86_64\"
        set "renpydir=%currentdir%renpy\"
        set "gamedir=%currentdir%game\"
        set renpy8=true
        set python3=true
    )
)
but it SHOULD read as follows (adding the two set's for python3 and renpy8 to the first part of the if not exist):

Code:
    set renpy8=true
    set python3=true
        set renpy8=true
        set python3=true
    )
)

Many Thanks! This helped a lot, I couldn't understand why unren wasn't working with the newer versions until I saw this. <3

lf2mr

Sep 7, 2019
That only works, if you make the changes, that I showed above your post (if Agent17 is a renpy8/python3 game) :)
With these replacements in the file, there were much fewer errors when unpacking this game, but they still remained.

111.PNG

And after the process is completed, the folder *pycache* remains in the folder with the game, which was previously when using UnRen.bat I didn't notice.

Reactions: fried

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
With these replacements in the file, there were much fewer errors when unpacking this game, but they still remained.

View attachment 2040673

And after the process is completed, the folder *pycache* remains in the folder with the game, which was previously when using UnRen.bat I didn't notice.
Because the game is on python 3, it has new rules for storing compiled code. If you use this version, you will no longer find the remaining garbage after using the tool. There are also several options of tool.

lf2mr

Sep 7, 2019
Because the game is on python 3, it has new rules for storing compiled code. If you use this version, you will no longer find the remaining garbage after using the tool. There are also several options of tool.
I downloaded from there UnRen-ultra hack.bat, but it doesn't see the python directory, so I couldn't check how it would unpack.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I downloaded from there UnRen-ultra hack.bat, but it doesn't see the python directory, so I couldn't check how it would unpack.
you probably threw the tool in the wrong place. My version only works from the topmost folder where .exe file.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I've always used UnRen.bat in the root folder of the game, where the executive exe file is located.
The tool is working. And I just noticed that you run it through winrar or a similar program. This is not the best way to launch.

lf2mr

Sep 7, 2019
The tool is working. And I just noticed that you run it through winrar or a similar program. This is not the best way to launch.
I'm sorry, but your assumptions are once again incorrect. Where did you see the winrar or a similar program?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I'm sorry, but your assumptions are once again incorrect. Where did you see the winrar or a similar program?
When I said "similar programs", I meant Total Commander as well. I can't guarantee the work when starting from it. But later I will check if there are really problems with TC.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I checked out Total Commander. Everything worked perfectly. It's really unclear why he doesn't want to work for you. .

lf2mr

Sep 7, 2019
I checked out Total Commander. Everything worked perfectly. It's really unclear why he doesn't want to work for you. .
Thank you for wanting and trying to help. But unfortunately, it was on this game that your utility did not work for me, and what is noteworthy is both on the current 0.18.5 version, which is on RenPy 8.0.1, and on the last 0.17.8 version, which was on RenPy 7.4.11. On all other games that were on my computer, the utility successfully saw python, although they are all on RenPy is below version 8.
I have been translating RenPy games for several years, but I only felt problems with UnRen.bat now that RenPy has been updated to version 8. This is not my personal opinion, I see it in the community of translators who have also encountered this.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Thank you for wanting and trying to help. But unfortunately, it was on this game that your utility did not work for me, and what is noteworthy is both on the current 0.18.5 version, which is on RenPy 8.0.1, and on the last 0.17.8 version, which was on RenPy 7.4.11. On all other games that were on my computer, the utility successfully saw python, although they are all on RenPy is below version 8.
I have been translating RenPy games for several years, but I only felt problems with UnRen.bat now that RenPy has been updated to version 8. This is not my personal opinion, I see it in the community of translators who have also encountered this.
Try this option, if it doesn't work, then the only alternative I can offer is a PowerShell script.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
This option worked! And not a single error when unpacking rpa/rpyc. Thanks.
Then I'll update it on my page in the evening and you can take it there now. I also try to support decompilation as much as I can.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I got a bug fix for the bat no longer working, when placed in the /game/ folder of a py3/renpy8 game:
In line 245 to 256 it currently reads:
Code:
        set renpy8=true
        set python3=true
    )
)
but it SHOULD read as follows (adding the two set's for python3 and renpy8 to the first part of the if not exist):

Code:
    set renpy8=true
    set python3=true
        set renpy8=true
        set python3=true
    )
)
Thanks, that was an unfortunate copy/paste-related issue on my part, will be updated in the next version.

View attachment 2040673

Yes, this is an ongoing issue with the decompiler UnRen has been using - I've updated to the latest and added some slipstream fixes, but there are still some .rpyc files it (and older versions) can't fully handle. Fortunately, most of them are being decompiled now as you've noticed.

The utility is more thoroughly going through the game's folders when searching for scripts - even if they are in less-usual places - so you should also be seeing more activity than before.

I've been taken away from the site recently, but will go back into the decompiler codebase to see if anything obvious might help - it's not easy stuff, unfortunately.

the lastest update just runs and says it cant find python
Please share the game you are trying this with, thanks.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Then I'll update it on my page in the evening and you can take it there now. I also try to support decompilation as much as I can.
Since you have a separate thread for your fork + original GUI take on UnRen, I'll add a link to that in this OP and you can handle its progress and fixes there.

It's fine to mention here to be helpful and exchange ideas of course, but I'd also like to keep bug reports/updates distinct where possible. Thanks.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes