Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
the previous unren version worked fine on (x 86) folder tho... this is the first time it has refused to open there so I was wondering what changed
Yeah, its strange. I believe it has with the use of the "delayed Expansion" feature in the batch file code to do. The exlcamation-mark for example has in the mentioned feature a function with the use of variables, so they are taboo. Percent is for variables "normally" used. Slash and backslash are path separators.

The others...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jpostel

Jul 4, 2017
Changing line 173, by adding quotes, makes above error go away for folders with spaces in them (python 3 and renpy 8):
From
Code:
 for /f "delims=" %%A in ('dir /ad /b /s %pythondir%python3.*') do (
To
Code:
 for /f "delims=" %%A in ('dir /ad /b /s "%pythondir%python3.*"') do (
I'm sure the file could to with more changes like that, for different versions of python and renpy.
Running Win11

That set of parens fixed it.

I had tried removing the spaces in the folder name "D:\stuff\games\nun ya fallen angel\dominion-1.02-pc" and I also tried moving the whole dominion-1.02-pc to the D:\temp and both worked.

So the error seen here is due to that line of code.

PorkiDrifter

Aug 20, 2021
So in my case of Windows 10
C:\Users\Mativ\Desktop\ApostleRebellion\ApostleRebellion
it doesnt actully work for me
With the second picture it works maybe the game file doesnt have that much of protection?

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
So in my case of Windows 10
C:\Users\Mativ\Desktop\ApostleRebellion\ApostleRebellion
it doesnt actully work for me
With the second picture it works maybe the game file doesnt have that much of protection?
These games are on different engines. The tool only works with games running on the Ren'py engine.

PorkiDrifter

Aug 20, 2021
These games are on different engines. The tool only works with games running on the Ren'py engine.
Oh......Im so sorry :D ammm so what's the alternative cause i remember there is a similar bat file that finds the hidden mp4? clips etc sorry again

Also in the channel of the game it says * This game is created using RPG TKool MV (Ver 1.5.0) sooooo shouldnt it work?

Last edited:

noctarima

Jul 14, 2020
I can't open the new version of unren at all...everytime I click it it pops up for like a few milliseconds and closes itself

It doesn't open in program files (x86)...but seems to run fine at program files...is this the special character issue?
I have the same exact problem. Did you find any solution?

master861

Nov 4, 2022
Then ther is no python installed on your system i gona check that game and see if it works for me.
To test that run powershell and enter python3 >> help <-----if you get error on that then ther is no python 3
for python below 3 it is python >> help <---------- if that trows error 100% no python installed
Or kopie the un.rpy file into the game directory and run the game that unpacks all *.rpyc files
that game runs the new renpy version (8, 0, 1)
are you whant the imgs of that game?
if yes look at the tool rpatool to unpack rpa archives because all the files inside of the big archives.rpa

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2017
Ring of Lust 4.4a just came out, and it looks like the dev went from Python 2.7 to Python 3.9 since the last update. I could extract the old version without problems, but the new version that uses the updated Python will not work for me.

I've tried a few versions of unren, but none of them I've tested have been able to initialize saying that it cannot locate the Python directory. I tried installing Python 3.9 to my machine, but that had no effect.

Is there a version of unren that supports the Python 3.9?

Edit: I found another UnRen thread and am exploring running the python scripts contained manually.

Last edited:

master861

Nov 4, 2022
You can us supports all rpa archives dosent mather the renpy version

JumPin

May 14, 2020
I decompiled Love & Sex: Second Base with UnRen-1.0.10, but this error always appears, does anyone know how to solve it?

Captura de tela 2022-12-02 204541.png

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
This error appears when I try to generate files for translation, after having Decompiled.
I don't know how the translation is generated, but after decompilation, the game started without error messages. Although this place has remained exactly the same. That's why I'm asking to know how to check if I get an error.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes