Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

JumPin

May 14, 2020
I don't know how the translation is generated, but after decompilation, the game started without error messages. Although this place has remained exactly the same. That's why I'm asking to know how to check if I get an error.
Yes, I even looked at this "class_hero" file in the previous version and it is exactly the same, so I have no idea why this error is happening.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Yes, I even looked at this "class_hero" file in the previous version and it is exactly the same, so I have no idea why this error is happening.
Send me the file that you got and that causes an error, maybe I can see something in it.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
... it is exactly the same, so I have no idea why this error is happening.
A save file just before the error happens would be good. And what exactly you did in the game to get to the error.
Do you use any mods or such? I have a feel it could be a bug in the games new version or something else.

JumPin

May 14, 2020
A save file just before the error happens would be good. And what exactly you did in the game to get to the error.
Do you use any mods or such? I have a feel it could be a bug in the games new version or something else.
I didn't even play it, I just opened the game to see if there was any error and I put it to generate the files for translation. The error happens exactly when Renpy is generating the files.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I didn't even play it, I just opened the game to see if there was any error and I put it to generate the files for translation. The error happens exactly when Renpy is generating the files.
Interesting. I don't get this.
If you're able to execute python3 apps you can try it with on of my versions of unrpyc . This branch should do it. If not, you can also try the v1.2.0_dev branch but this one has major "wild" code changes extra. But works here.

Last edited:
Reactions: JumPin

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
dependencies
This was already good for games made in renpy from versions 7.0 to the last version 1 before 8.0 These new games made in versions 8.0 and up, it doesn't do anything alias there are games that it doesn't even open. Msdos black box pops up a msg click anywhere to exit.

raptor077

Dec 27, 2017
The unren should be in "Main game" directory, NOT the "game" directory.
thank you, everything worked, it was strange, before I always threw it into the game folder and everything worked)

but this one is the same. here are two versions used and this result

Last edited:

master861

Nov 4, 2022
The unren should be in "Main game" directory, NOT the "game" directory.
Ah ha why it cd then into the \game directory because it should in the game director not into the main director you should read that:

REM Start by guessing we began in the game\ directory <---- that lines are from unren.bat and as you can see it says game directory and not main game
for %%d in ("%~dp0.") do set maindir=%%~dpd
set "pythondir=%maindir%lib\"
set "pythonlibdir=%maindir%lib\"
set "renpydir=%maindir%renpy\"
set "gamedir=%maindir%game\" <---as you can read ther it set's the maindir%game as gamedir wich is SummertimeSaga-0-20-15-pc\game in my case
set "maindir=%maindir%" <---sets the main dir what is in my case SummertimeSaga-0-20-15-pc
set ingamedir=true

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
Ah ha why it cd then into the \game directory because it should in the game director not into the main director you should read that:

REM Start by guessing we began in the game\ directory <---- that lines are from unren.bat and as you can see it says game directory and not main game
for %%d in ("%~dp0.") do set maindir=%%~dpd
set "pythondir=%maindir%lib\"
set "pythonlibdir=%maindir%lib\"
set "renpydir=%maindir%renpy\"
set "gamedir=%maindir%game\" <---as you can read ther it set's the maindir%game as gamedir wich is SummertimeSaga-0-20-15-pc\game in my case
set "maindir=%maindir%" <---sets the main dir what is in my case SummertimeSaga-0-20-15-pc
set ingamedir=true
I thought I was replying on the other UnRen thread, because AFAIK on that one is you must put the UnRen.bat inside "Main game" folder...
It's good that this one can tackle that.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Version 1.0.8 - Bug
Symptom
"Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue."
UnRen is in the same folder as game executable.
Problem
Looking at the code:
If my OS is 64 bit Windows, and the game has only a 32-bit version of python, unren will will not find python.exe.
It seems like once it detects I'm running x64 it doesn't bother looking for a 32-bit version of python.
Workaround
Changed line 142 to default to i686 instead of x86_64 to get it running. It did just fine.
Thank you for keeping this open-source. <3
Version 1.0.10 - Bug

Symptom

Problem:
I saw the above and have the same symptom except I'm not knowledgeable enough to review the code and find this issue.
Also: my 64-bit game does have (i believe) 64-bit python in the lib.
The paths in lib are:

py3-linux-x86_64
py3-windows-x86_64
python3.9

Could it be my version of python is later? ...or the folder name changed?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Version 1.0.10 - Bug

Symptom

Problem:
I saw the above and have the same symptom except I'm not knowledgeable enough to review the code and find this issue.
Also: my 64-bit game does have (i believe) 64-bit python in the lib.
The paths in lib are:

py3-linux-x86_64
py3-windows-x86_64
python3.9

Could it be my version of python is later? ...or the folder name changed?
Try this (y)

stop66

Jul 6, 2017
I repaired the path code to python but then it failed with the unpacking.
Thanks for the update and make our lives easier :)))

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes