Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Joshuam303

Feb 27, 2020
can someone please help me? I put unRen into my game folder but whenever I double click it starts then instantly closes?

anyone know any fixes?

Reactions: merdigras

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
can someone please help me? I put unRen into my game folder but whenever I double click it starts then instantly closes?

anyone know any fixes?
Run the command line in the folder and run the program from it already. Then the error will remain for display.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Well, I was able to make most of those symbols that were taboo work, but I haven't mastered the parentheses (if there are two of them and they form a circle) yet.
Thats good. You do not use "delayed expansion" in your batch version and this should help with some issues. At least with the "exclamation mark".
The "parentheses" you say? You mean in the path, or? What exactly happens?

Btw: I looked at your unren batch file in GH and think some of the code for the checks/config could be improved or at least differently written. Interested in some input? A code example...
Also, what do you think about a check of the path chars? I mean, if the path has proplematic stuff in it.
Again, Monkey Brain me didn't understand how you described it, sorry
Maybe its my bad english, i am not native in it and self teached. Could you explain whats unclear in my linked posts content?

Oh... folks, before i forget: A very good source of info and understanding about allowed/forbidden path chars and the why etc. is this here:
A good read!

Last edited:

jamesrees

Aug 16, 2017
Thats good. You do not use "delayed expansion" in your batch version and this should help with some issues. At least with the "exclamation mark".

Btw: I looked at your unren batch file in GH and think some of the code for the checks/config could be improved or at least differently written. Interested in some input? A code example...
Also, what do you think about a check of the path chars? I mean, if the path has proplematic stuff in it.
Maybe its my bad english, i am not native in it and self teached. Could you explain whats unclear in my linked posts content?

Oh... folks, before i forget: A very good source of info and understanding about allowed/forbidden path chars and the why etc. is this here:
A good read!
When I read your post I just didn't understand what you meant, I find that having an example helps I guess

Joshuam303 & merdigras
The issue I had was the same as yours and I hadn't had it before, Madeddy explained that in your file explorer address bar you can't have any banned characters, what that essentially means is when you click the bar at the top of file explorer you usually can see something like:
C:\Users\ComputerName\Downloads\Afterglow\ <---- No punctuation in the line ("C:" is fine)
if yours looks like this:
C:\Users\ComputerName\Downloads\NewFolder(2)\Afterglow\ <----- You can't use the brackets ()
Then it won't work, you just need to remove anything that isn't on Madeddy's list of banned characters or more plainly, remove all punctuation by renaming the folder / file you are in so it reads as one line of text, to be super clear this should really only affect the folders after "Computername" so just check the folders you've saved it to and rename those most likely.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

Yes, "parentheses" in the path. At the expense of everything else, I'm all hands and feet for. I will be glad of anything that can help, but will not break the concept of the application. :BootyTime:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
is this a general Ren'Py help thread?
No. This subforum is called "Tools and Turorials". If you have a question about Unren or problems with it, you would be correct here.
The RenPy website links to different help sources and this forum has some categories where a question to general Renpy better fits.

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
In case anyone is interested, simply adding the -o flag + a folder to like 366 will allow you to save the extracted materials in it's own directory
"%pythondir%python.exe" -O "%rpatool%" -x "%%f" -o "..\Unren" 2>nul

LeRoy2299

Feb 23, 2022
In some games it says that there is missed python.exe But it’s in a right place. Seems like it’s not working with python3.9 and py3-windows/linux folders, because don’t see them

Reactions: RedAISkye

LeRoy2299

Feb 23, 2022
No.
Its mostly a problem with the path name and forbidden/problematic chars in it.
It’s in the same folder as other games which are working well, saw difference only in those python folders. Games with python2.7 working well, but tried it on 3 games with python3.9 and it gives same error every time, that the exe file is missing. Just to test it, I placed python2.7 folders there and it’s launched but I had an unknown issue error in the end.

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
When will the python 3 version be available?

Code:
   __  __      ____               __          __
   / / / /___  / __ \___  ____    / /_  ____ _/ /_
  / / / / __ \/ /_/ / _ \/ __ \  / __ \/ __ `/ __/
 / /_/ / / / / _, _/  __/ / / / / /_/ / /_/ / /_
 \____/_/ /_/_/ |_|\___/_/ /_(_)_.___/\__,_/\__/ v1.0.10
  Sam @ www.f95zone.to

----------------------------------------------------

The system cannot find the path specified.
    Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
            Are you sure we're in the game's root or game directory?

Press any key to exit...

LeRoy2299

Feb 23, 2022
When will the python 3 version be available?

Code:
   __  __      ____               __          __
   / / / /___  / __ \___  ____    / /_  ____ _/ /_
  / / / / __ \/ /_/ / _ \/ __ \  / __ \/ __ `/ __/
/ /_/ / / / / _, _/  __/ / / / / /_/ / /_/ / /_
\____/_/ /_/_/ |_|\___/_/ /_(_)_.___/\__,_/\__/ v1.0.10
  Sam @ www.f95zone.to

----------------------------------------------------

Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
            Are you sure we're in the game's root or game directory?

Press any key to exit...
Same issue with any python3.9 game

skyxsl100

Mar 18, 2019
Hello, please ask a question
Someone has encrypted the renpy game file to prevent others from reading it.

File format. .rpypig
The content inside is all invisible.

I heard: a little knowledge of python decompile the core code of the engine to understand how it happened

principle: seems to be the hex editor, modify the "file header"
resulting in the inability to unpack.

Use UnRen, select 7
Tip.
Can't find unrpyc.pyo , or , deobfuscate.pyo
Hello, please ask a question
Someone has encrypted the renpy game file to prevent others from reading it.

File format. <.rpypig>
The content inside is all invisible.

I heard: a little knowledge of python decompile the core code of the engine to understand how it happened

principle: seems to be the hex editor, modify the "file header"
resulting in the inability to unpack.

Use UnRen, select 7
Tip.
Can't find unrpyc.pyo , or , deobfuscate.pyo

I uploaded a random .rpypig file
Can you please take a look at it?

If you need me to upload the whole game, that's fine too.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes