Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

tankie123

Nov 17, 2017
If it's the same issue I had, rename or move around files until there are no spaces in the game's path.

It looks for python in the game's lib. For python3, it looks using this line in UnRen 1.0.10:
Code:
for /f "delims=" %%A in ('dir /ad /b /s %pythondir%python3.*') do (
If I'm reading this right (I'm not a Batch expert by any means; I prefer Linux, thank you), then this won't work if there are spaces in the path. For example, if you copy/pasted the game and Windows naturally added " - Copy" to the end.

Edit: haha, and I see that's already known here. You only needed to go a page back. Yay....
thanks, i had the same issue, fixed by renaming the folder in which the game is to just 3 letters, and then putting it into D:/ and running unren, worked without issues :)

Feb 13, 2021
So i downloaded the game The Neverwhere Tales, and i copied the UnRen-1.0.10.bat into the game folder where the game.exe is and it gives me the following error, i have no idea how to fix? I have python 3.11 installed though i have no idea how to use it.

The system cannot find the path specified.
Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
Are you sure we're in the game's root or game directory?

Press any key to exit...

Edit (So it worked for another game, What could have been. But not for the game i actually want to use it on?)

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
So i downloaded the game The Neverwhere Tales, and i copied the UnRen-1.0.10.bat into the game folder where the game.exe is and it gives me the following error, i have no idea how to fix? I have python 3.11 installed though i have no idea how to use it.

Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
Are you sure we're in the game's root or game directory?

Press any key to exit...

Edit (So it worked for another game, What could have been. But not for the game i actually want to use it on?)
Some newer games now are setup in such a way this older branch of unren doesnt find all of them.

The newer branch of unren seems to then work for most of the newer python version based games:
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-old-unren-forall-v8-unren-powershell-forall-v8.92717/

You want then "unrenforall" file - I did just post about a bug in v8 if you use the extract option prior to using some of the other ones, just workaround by closing and relaunching the file.

Otherwise, unrenforall works exactly the same, you just need to hit enter an additional time if you run it from the game's root folder.

MrHan97

Jul 8, 2017
Need help!!!

don't have non-ASCII characters in path, but got some problem.
only 1.0.10 don't work, I try Unren old version(0.91) and it work normal.

I use conda to manage python versions, I think this may be the reason.
Does anyone encounter the same situation as me?

PowerShell output:
__ __ ____ __ __
/ / / /___ / __ \___ ____ / /_ ____ _/ /_
/ / / / __ \/ /_/ / _ \/ __ \ / __ \/ __ `/ __/
/ /_/ / / / / _, _/ __/ / / / / /_/ / /_/ / /_
\____/_/ /_/_/ |_|\___/_/ /_(_)_.___/\__,_/\__/ v1.0.10
Sam @ www.f95zone.to

----------------------------------------------------

Available Options:
1) Extract RPA packages (in game folder)
2) Decompile rpyc files (in game folder)

3) Enable Console and Developer Menu
4) Enable Quick Save and Quick Load
5) Force enable skipping of unseen content
6) Force enable rollback (scroll wheel)

7) Options 3-6
8) Options 1-6

Enter number 1-8 (or any other key to Exit): 1

----------------------------------------------------

Python path configuration:
PYTHONHOME = 'X:\Games\test\Agent17-0.19.0-pc\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\'
PYTHONPATH = 'X:\Games\test\Agent17-0.19.0-pc\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\;X:\Games\test\Agent17-0.19.0-pc\lib\python3.9;X:\Games\test\Agent17-0.19.0-pc\;'
program name = 'T:\Anaconda\python.exe'
isolated = 0
environment = 1
user site = 1
import site = 1
sys._base_executable = 'T:\\Anaconda\\python.exe'
sys.base_prefix = 'X:\\Games\\test\\Agent17-0.19.0-pc\\lib\\py3-windows-x86_64\\'
sys.base_exec_prefix = 'X:\\Games\\test\\Agent17-0.19.0-pc\\lib\\py3-windows-x86_64\\'
sys.executable = 'T:\\Anaconda\\python.exe'
sys.prefix = 'X:\\Games\\test\\Agent17-0.19.0-pc\\lib\\py3-windows-x86_64\\'
sys.exec_prefix = 'X:\\Games\\test\\Agent17-0.19.0-pc\\lib\\py3-windows-x86_64\\'
sys.path = [
'X:\\Games\\test\\Agent17-0.19.0-pc\\lib\\py3-windows-x86_64\\',
'X:\\Games\\test\\Agent17-0.19.0-pc\\lib\\python3.9',
'X:\\Games\\test\\Agent17-0.19.0-pc\\',
'',
'T:\\Anaconda\\python38.zip',
'X:\\Games\\test\\Agent17-0.19.0-pc\\lib\\py3-windows-x86_64\\\\DLLs',
'X:\\Games\\test\\Agent17-0.19.0-pc\\lib\\py3-windows-x86_64\\\\lib',
'T:\\Anaconda',
]
Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding
Python runtime state: core initialized
ImportError: bad magic number in 'encodings': b'a\r\r\n'

Current thread 0x00007b74 (most recent call first):
<no Python frame>

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Hi. Version 1.0.10 can't locate python if there are blank spaces in the game directory name.

The reason is this line:
Code:
    for /f "delims=" %%A in ('dir /ad /b /s %pythondir%python.*') do (
Change it to
Code:
    for /f "delims=" %%A in ('dir /ad /b /s "%pythondir%python3.*"') do (
Then it will work.

Also change
Code:
        for /f "delims=" %%B in ('dir /ad /b /s %pythondir%pythonlib2.*') do (
to
Code:
        for /f "delims=" %%B in ('dir /ad /b /s "%pythondir%pythonlib2.*"') do (
This is for older games using python2. I haven't tested the second change but blank spaces in the name should cause the same error with these.

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
This happens when there are blank spaces in the file path. You can try to move the game into a directoy with a name without empty spaces or you can apply the fix which I posted above.

ps: Not just the game directory itself must not contain empty spaces, also the path leading to it:
This would cause the same error
d:\This Is A Directory\WithEmptySpaces

Last edited:
May 21, 2022
This happens when there are blank spaces in the file path. You can try to move the game into a directoy with a name without empty spaces or you can apply the fix which I posted above.

ps: Not just the game directory itself must not contain empty spaces, also the path leading to it:
what do you mean blank spaces?

May 21, 2022

The game Healslut soesn't have python.exe or any rpa or rpy file in the game directory.It has only the script info.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
The game Healslut soesn't have python.exe or any rpa or rpy file in the game directory.It has only the script info.
So what about this file then?
.\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\python.exe
The game has no rpa, because all the files are extracted and not packed into renpy archives. Check the subdirectories.

The batch file works with that game
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tested with hs_by_dz-0.84d-pc

The fix and/or the workaround mentioned earlier will solve your problem.

And here's the explanation why this error happens in the first place:
what do you mean blank spaces?
Blank/empty space is a [space] character between two words (ISO850 character 0x20)
If this character is found, the text before and after it will be threated separatly. So if the path contains such a character, it's necessary to tell the interpreter NOT to separate the words by adding double quotes at the beginning and the end of the path, so it gets threated as whole.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel
May 21, 2022
So what about this file then?
.\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\python.exe
The game has no rpa, because all the files are extracted and not packed into renpy archives. Check the subdirectories.

The batch file works with that game
Tested with hs_by_dz-0.84d-pc

The fix and/or the workaround mentioned earlier will solve your problem.

And here's the explanation why this error happens in the first place:

Blank/empty space is a [space] character between two words (ISO850 character 0x20)
If this character is found, the text before and after it will be threated separatly. So if the path contains such a character, it's necessary to tell the interpreter NOT to separate the words by adding double quotes at the beginning and the end of the path, so it gets threated as whole.
which fix do you mean?

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Two posts before your first one. The one about Unren not able to find python. And the workaround with putting the game in another directory.

z9d9vjakz9

May 6, 2017
First of all, sorry for my poor English, how do I use this tool or rpatool, only file extension I specified, such as jpg, etc., I tried to 'python rpatool -x game.rpa -o 123 *.jpg ', 'jpg', '.jpg', all fail. Hope that helps me. :(

lucifer2430

Feb 10, 2023

I had originally created this script for myself, but I've decided to clean it up a bit and release it for everyone. You can extract RPA archives (using built in ), decompile RPYC files (using built in ), enable the console and developer menu for Ren'Py games and more. The intent of this tool is to remain a simple, no-nonsense utility for accessing Ren'Py game content, current and past.

No dependencies, no internet connection required. You can right click->edit to see the source! Works on Windows 7, 8 and 10, but XP and Vista can be supported too (see "Known Issues" section.)

There are other tools which do similar things, for your consideration:
Thread updated: 2022-10-30

Instructions:
Known Issues - Feel free to report in the thread if you encounter any issues or bugs:
Contributions:
Change Log:
Bro tengo un problema con juego sin querer ingre un comando ahora no me deja guardar la partida es el único juego que me da ese problema no se usar un comando a mi computadora para editar ese error ayúdame por fa

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes