Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Knowing how people are eager to read the forum before posting their booboos, here's the fixed file again, in case someone happens to move his eyes 10 cm above the text input field.
Again ... all credits to Sam, the original creator

Last edited:

Trminator

May 3, 2017
why do i show
"System can not find the route"

4545.jpg
I had the same issue. I fixed it for myself, by putting the path portion in lines 173, 185 and 187 into double quotes (")...

I WILL attach a zip of my currently working version (only change apart from those 3 mentioned edits is, that I also went back to having the grouped options on 8 and 9, instead of 7 and 8 due to button mashing habits ;) ) ... but I'd ask, that only people able to verify this fact, actually run my code, until the OP has potentially merged the fix into a new release or confirmed this statement :)
(Don't want people running code on their machines that they have no way to verify / check, since it could be potentially from a malicious actor....)

Sam: I also included a patch file, showing the edits I made. :)

Reactions: DrDerpington

lucifer2430

Feb 10, 2023
Tuve el mismo problema. Lo arreglé por mí mismo, poniendo la parte de la ruta en las líneas 173, 185 y 187 entre comillas dobles (")...

ADJUNTARÉ un zip de mi versión de trabajo actual (el único cambio aparte de esas 3 ediciones mencionadas es que también volví a tener las opciones agrupadas en 8 y 9, en lugar de 7 y 8 debido a los hábitos de combinación de botones) ;)... pero pediría que solo las personas capaces de verificar este hecho ejecuten mi código, hasta que el OP haya fusionado potencialmente la solución en una nueva versión o confirmado esta declaración:)
(No quiero que las personas ejecuten código en sus máquinas que no tienen forma de verificar/comprobar, ya que podría ser potencialmente de un actor malintencionado...)

Sam: También incluí un archivo de parche que muestra las ediciones que hice.:)
[/CITA]
amigo me podrías ayudar tuve un problema con un juego cuando iba a guardar accidentalmente ejecuté un comando ahora cada vez que quiero guardar me sale la pantalla gris de error

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Decompression of RPYC files does not work if the path is to long
That's a limit of the Windows file system, up to 255 characters in total (path + separators + filename) are supported.
NTFS could handle more, but the parser in the Windows kernel can't.
The only solution is to move the files to a different directory.

Jul 12, 2020
That's a limit of the Windows file system, up to 255 characters in total (path + separators + filename) are supported.
NTFS could handle more, but the parser in the Windows kernel can't.
The only solution is to move the files to a different directory.
then it is strange that the RPA extractor can extract and write the rpyc.
the workaround was already known by me.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
then it is strange that the RPA extractor can extract and write the rpyc.
the workaround was already known by me.
Don't know how that one works, most likely it does not use the same parser to find files like Batch and the windows file explorer does. Microsoft is not very consistent when it comes to old functions and replacements for them.
It is poossible to handle longer file names (did so in Java), but not in Batch. Maybe powershell scripts can do it, but I haven't really experimented with that.

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Knowing how people are eager to read the forum before posting their booboos, here's the fixed file again, in case someone happens to move his eyes 10 cm above the text input field.
Again ... all credits to Sam, the original creator
Thanks for your work. I was thinking about uploading "fixed" editition of Unren myself.

Just a little a though by me: If you had uploaded it in the first place, when you noticed it 1 month ago, you would have saved yourself a lot of time. You could have avoided answering several posts, where people were confused why Unren doesnt work and how they should fix the Unren. ;)

I have "reported" your post as a "new update". Let's hope some Moderator updates the first post and people will stop downloading faulty version of Unren.

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Thanks for your work. I was thinking about uploading "fixed" editition of Unren myself.

Just a little a though by me: If you had uploaded it in the first place, when you noticed it 1 month ago, you would have saved yourself a lot of time. You could have avoided answering several posts, where people were confused why Unren doesnt work and how they should fix the Unren. ;)

I have "reported" your post as a "new update". Let's hope some Moderator updates the first post and people will stop downloading faulty version of Unren.
I don't really want to mess with someone elses work, hoped that the creator would publish the fix himself.
I only uploaded it once I understood it was not gonna happen anytime soon and after I learned that the solution to the python 2 crash (the batch file quit without a error message) was caused by the same mistake.

suckassonline

Jun 1, 2020
Sorry that's happening, I'll DM you directly and see if we can figure this out, thanks.
was this ever resolved?
im having the same issue.

nevermind, i reada few pages further and just change the file name the link f95 gave me to one more simple and it worked.

Last edited:

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Old version for prosperity sake

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Eek, I can't believe that I didn't get back here recently.

So ... I do have a version that can handle most pathname issues, including non-English character sets. I then went off and decided to rewrite absolutely everything while waiting for a new decompiler version that was being developed (i.e., there are two in the current UnRen, the main one is related to that new version) and never finished closing all the bugs from handling the paths in a completely different way.

So, my apologies! I'll probably go back to the old path-handling logic, then check on the new decompiler and see if it's solid enough - either way, will update the OP within a week. Finally.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
is there a way to open rpa archive on Android?
Well, renpy basically works the same on all operating systems, but getting a console on android to type in commands might prove difficult.
One could write java programs that does the calls to unpack rpas.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
is there a way to open rpa archive on Android?
Android is a linux...
Understanding this its clear it should be possible to use a unpacker for RPA files or UnRen which includes one. The unpackers which i know work are all Python based, like RenPy. You will need the linux version if you try to use UnRen: https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-for-macos-and-linux-v0-8-2.16887/post-10250606

...but getting a console on android to type in commands might prove difficult...
Really. Hm i never tryd it. Admittedly, i do not know what all is needed..
However this( ) looks not this complicated, or?

Greets

Reactions: a_furbyz
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes