Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
...BigBrother_AnotherStory-0.09.2.03-pc (does not work with this game)
BBAS works without problems. ...
Or its a 32/64 bit problem, or special chars in the path, or some rare OS sys config thing. Happened all. Without more infos about his situation its like trying to catch fog with bare hands. Unren with windows AND renpy has a lot traps. Many possibility whats the problem...
Unsatisfying answer, i know. But its like this.
is there a tool like this for godot engine?
On GH are some unpacker i think but i didn't see anything in the wild.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Or its a 32/64 bit problem, or special chars in the path, or some rare OS sys config thing. Happened all. Without more infos about his situation its like trying to catch fog with bare hands. Unren with windows AND renpy has a lot traps. Many possibility whats the problem...
Unsatisfying answer, i know. But its like this.
On GH are some unpacker i think but i didn't see anything in the wild.
Special chars are only a problem if they are hardcoded into the cmd/bat file, because most people save the cmd files as ANSI, but they have to be encoded in IBM CP-850 instead.
The script had an error, it did not put double quotes around the paths, but that has been fixed.

But of course there can be other factors. All I am saying is that there is no problem with this specific game.

pepplez

Jun 7, 2020
Last edited:

allm

Sep 29, 2019
I receive this error when I try to run it

BigBrother_AnotherStory-0.09.2.03-pc (does not work with this game)
У тебя исходное название папки скорее всего изменилось, я получал такую же ошибку когда извлекая из архива менял название папки (убирал точки и нижние прочерки)

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
how to fix cant find multiprocessing module error, when trying to decompile rpyc?
have you ever found the solution?
This shouldn't be possible to get this error with a official Unren version. The "multiprocessing" code was removed from unrpyc since unren v0.8 because renpy has no multiprocessing module in his (castrated)Python included.

Which unren version do you guys run and did any of you tamper with the used unrpyc?

Jan 26, 2020
Hey so, when trying to extarct the rpa files I'm getting this error " AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'exports' "
The game im trying to extract is "Blood code"

ipaqi

May 5, 2017
This shouldn't be possible to get this error with a official Unren version. The "multiprocessing" code was removed from unrpyc since unren v0.8 because renpy has no multiprocessing module in his (castrated)Python included.

Which unren version do you guys run and did any of you tamper with the used unrpyc?
I don't know about the dude you were quoting, but I'm getting it with the 1.0.10b I just downloaded

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I got tired of waiting for other repos to update their code, sorry - I should have done this sooner.

v1.0.11d:
  • Handles more pathname characters (including more international, brackets, etc.)
  • Improved support for different varieties of Python 3 included across 7.5 and 8.x games
  • "unren.log" automatically generated with each run to enable easier bug diagnosis, if needed
  • EDIT: removed debug code from original attachment
OP updated.

Jan 26, 2020
I got tired of waiting for other repos to update their code, sorry - I should have done this sooner.

v1.0.11d:
  • Handles more pathname characters (including more international, brackets, etc.)
  • Improved support for different varieties of Python 3 included across 7.5 and 8.x games
  • "unren.log" automatically generated with each run to enable easier bug diagnosis, if needed
OP updated.
Hey, could you help me a bit here? When trying to extract the rpa files I get this error: 'ImportError: No module named site'

cloned909

Nov 14, 2018
Is it just me or my command prompt decided I'm need to used magnifying glass ?
Does anyone know how to resized it ? I'm using UnRen-1.0.11d
for ant.png

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019

v1.0.11d:
OP updated.
Good job... (y)

Could you add the option to delete the .rpa after extraction, (y/n)?

• Red Heart
Reactions: AlexaSky

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Good job... (y)

Could you add the option to delete the .rpa after extraction, (y/n)?
That's been previously discussed, where the history of UnRen was strewn with people who regretted losing their .RPA files later, actually. And there could have been error conditions (e.g., running out of storage during the extraction) which would need to prevent a final step of removing the .RPA(s). I have kept with Sam's experience in that matter and feel it's sound.

That said, I might have a way to remove the processed .RPAs which could be considered "safer" and will experiment a bit.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
is it intended that all temporary files from the unren action are left in the folder?

the previous versions deleted them

Screenshot_1.png

and if i use option 8 - the dev/console/rollback are not activated
i have to extra use option 7

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes