Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Isn't there a line of code to decrypt the files?
Decrypt? Um... No. Nothing crypted here.
The files of most RenPy games are packed in a special RenPy archive (*.rpa) and the scripts of the game (*.rpy files) then are compiled. (*.rpyc) What of this is of interest for you?

For unpacking you can use one of the three existing RPA unpackers(one of them written by me - in my sig to find) and for decompiling you can use the renpy decompiler "unrypc" developed by "censoredusername".

Reactions: Twistty

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Isn't there a line of code to decrypt the files?
If you can:
  1. ssh to your phone and get a command line
  2. install python
  3. install arbitrary python scripts from github
then you can do what UnRen does. But you can't run UnRen.

Thelonely6

Oct 22, 2018
Decrypt? Um... No. Nothing crypted here.
The files of most RenPy games are packed in a special RenPy archive (*.rpa) and the scripts of the game (*.rpy files) then are compiled. (*.rpyc) What of this is of interest for you?

For unpacking you can use one of the three existing RPA unpackers(one of them written by me - in my sig to find) and for decompiling you can use the renpy decompiler "unrypc" developed by "censoredusername".
Well I would like to unpack to get games images. I like to do that after playing them to see if I miss something

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Well I would like to unpack to get games images. I like to do that after playing them to see if I miss something
Assuming that you don't want to download the game twice, and have a computer in addition to you Android device :

• Copy the APK package on your main computer ;
  • Open it with 7zip ;
  • Extract the rpa files somewhere ;
  • Use to extract what's inside them.

Reactions: yoyomistro

Thelonely6

Oct 22, 2018
I use JoiPlay so I already have the PC version. I want to unpack it on my device cuz I can't access a laptop or pc

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I use JoiPlay so I already have the PC version. I want to unpack it on my device cuz I can't access a laptop or pc
I already told you what you need to do.
If you can:
  1. ssh to your phone and get a command line
  2. install python
  3. install arbitrary python scripts from github
then you can do what UnRen does. But you can't run UnRen.

bebo92

Oct 12, 2019
how this work?

i put it in game folder exe, run it, press number 3, then press Shift+o but nothing action

Baddog-11

Jul 6, 2017
sure bro, the game is ( Indecent Desires)
Well sorry man, but I got it to work on the first try.
Just to be sure the "UnRen.bat" file is in the "IndecentDesires-theGame" folder right where the "IndecentDesires.exe" ?
And did you already try to run "UnRen.bat" once normal, and maybe also as Administrator it maybe needs Admin access to create the new files?
If it still false here is a .rar file that contains the "unren-dev.rpy" & "unren-dev.rpyc" files place them in the "game" folder then the console should also work.

bebo92

Oct 12, 2019
Well sorry man, but I got it to work on the first try.
Just to be sure the "UnRen.bat" file is in the "IndecentDesires-theGame" folder right where the "IndecentDesires.exe" ?
And did you already try to run "UnRen.bat" once normal, and maybe also as Administrator it maybe needs Admin access to create the new files?
If it still false here is a .rar file that contains the "unren-dev.rpy" & "unren-dev.rpyc" files place them in the "game" folder then the console should also work.
yea it's working now after I downloaded this files (y)

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
I'm trying to alter a variable in Leap of Faith due to a repetitive bug I've encountered with Lexi.
The console is up and running, I can see that my XPLexi = 16 but I need to change it to at least 20.
What is the console command for changing character relationship variables or does each game have their own?

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I'm trying to alter a variable in Leap of Faith due to a repetitive bug I've encountered with Lexi.
The console is up and running, I can see that my XPLexi = 16 but I need to change it to at least 20.
What is the console command for changing character relationship variables or does each game have their own?
Either just type XPLexi = 20 or XPLexi += 4 to add 4 to it. Depending on the game (haven't played this one) you might want to do something like XPLexi += 1 four times, and see if there's any events for each level. You can use Notepad ++ to look at the RPY files to see the progression, and any GREP search program to do a deep search in the game files to see what the variable affects.

Reactions: Balpheron

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Either just type XPLexi = 20 or XPLexi += 4 to add 4 to it. Depending on the game (haven't played this one) you might want to do something like XPLexi += 1 four times, and see if there's any events for each level. You can use Notepad ++ to look at the RPY files to see the progression, and any GREP search program to do a deep search in the game files to see what the variable affects.
You sir or madam, have saved the day :D. That is exactly how it works. Apparently you just have to write the variable value as it is stated. In this case XPlexi = 20 and that basically changes the said value. If I add XPLexi = 20, it pretty much sticks a new variable into the script, which might or might not break something. Still it works, although I think the variable strings differ on where they start for the value change to be noticable.

Cheers for the help!

Reactions: yoyomistro

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
You sir or madam, have saved the day :D. That is exactly how it works. Apparently you just have to write the variable value as it is stated. In this case XPlexi = 20 and that basically changes the said value. If I add XPLexi = 20, it pretty much sticks a new variable into the script, which might or might not break something. Still it works, although I think the variable strings differ on where they start for the value change to be noticable.

Cheers for the help!
No problem. I'm a "he" thanks for not assuming. It can be difficult to figure out at first when you're not used to doing this, but it has saved me a lot of frustration playing all the indy adult games out there. One thing you quickly learn is that a lot of people have no idea how to script, or they're Russian grindmasters looking to make a quick buck with redundant grindy content. I really recommend getting Notepad ++ to use with Ren'Py or VNMaker games and learning how to read scripts slowly over time. For example a lot of people will accidentally make content inaccessible due to bad variables or jumps and you'd never know without looking at the actual script files, or they'll artificially gate content behind a bunch of in-game days at some arbitrary amount and your time is worth more than dealing with that BS.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes