Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Xethal

Dec 30, 2017
No matter which game I attempt to use this on, I always get an error about being unable to locate python.lib
I've tried putting it in the /game/ folder as well as putting it in the same folder as the .exe, and neither times will it work. Any idea how to fix? This is rather frustrating.

Reactions: Stick4Luck

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
No matter which game I attempt to use this on, I always get an error about being unable to locate python.lib
I've tried putting it in the /game/ folder as well as putting it in the same folder as the .exe, and neither times will it work. Any idea how to fix? This is rather frustrating.
That means the game didn't extract all the way or was corrupted when extracting and files are missing.

Reactions: johnconnor

fattrapper

Modder
Jun 19, 2019
More of an FYI:

I tried to decompile the rpyc files in savior 0.4 but I keep getting the following for all of the rpyc files in both 0.8 and 0.9:

+ Decompiling "gui.rpyc" - 27324 bytes
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "I:\Games\Savior 0.4 - Copy\game\..\unrpyc.py", line 32, in <module>
import decompiler
ImportError: No module named decompiler

I presume this due to the dev doing something as unren works perfectly with other games.

I ended up having to use un.rpyc from CensoredName on github to decompile.

Edit:

NM - game release had stripped down python to bare minimum. Worked OK once I copied the files from a previous game release.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017

Mask0101

Jul 11, 2019
Ty for your help :)

EDIT:
I feel like it's not working anymore.

The game crashes and I can't decompile the files.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
what is unren for?
It's to "extract RPA archives (using built in rpatool), decompile RPYC files (using built in unrpyc), enable the console and developer menu for Ren'Py games and more."

what should use it on?
Ren'py games.

I can't say for sure, but perhaps that looking if the thread have a prefix, and reading the initial message of the thread would have answered this.

DaddyDraven

Jun 19, 2020
I am now getting errors when booting the game after un-compiling the rpa's and rpyc's. Is there a way to fix this or no? Thank you.

Pagol1

Oct 5, 2018
```
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Moderator note: Please use spoilers for long posts. Thanks
Try this if possible:

Change
Code:
screen screen_name tag menu:
to
Code:
screen screen_name:
    tag menu
Remember to set tab length to 4 spaces

Reactions: yoyomistro

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hi, I need help with a game, I can't decompile the "rpa" files.

It's to translate the game in my language thanks.

https://f95zone.to/threads/forbidden-fruit-v0-7-2-magic-fingers.27200/
Updated the tool to unprotect this game.

Download the attached archive, there's many files inside, one in a "renpy" directory.
Extract all of those files, directory included it on the main game directory (where you usually put unren.bat), and confirm that you don't care that the "renpy" folder already exist.
Then do like you do for unren.bat to launch unrpa.bat, it will extract the content of the "archive.rpa" file.
Once it's done, do the same with sigCorrector.bat to revert the change they made to the rpyc files.
Then now you can play the game, look at the CG, and ask unren.bat to unrpyc the files.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes