Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes
Apr 27, 2017
Just a quick question around this - I've always decompiled from the RenPy folder and then any .rp* files generated by this tool I have always manually copied into the "/common" folder. Is this the correct way of utilising this tool or should there be something more automatic in place that I am missing?

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Just a quick question around this - I've always decompiled from the RenPy folder and then any .rp* files generated by this tool I have always manually copied into the "/common" folder. Is this the correct way of utilising this tool or should there be something more automatic in place that I am missing?
What folder are you putting the batch file in? It should be in the main game folder with the .exe, you shouldn't have to copy anything.

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Anyway to use this on android guys?because i want to enable develope menu on apk. Tks you so much.
I've decompiled several apk files, the only ones i've had issues with so far is due to someone protecting them... The trick is you have to rename game folder from x-game to game or alter the unren.bat to see x-game. Then copy in your own lib and renpy folders for the program to use.

Edit: I tested on an apk and only one thing seemed needed to be renamed (for decompiling). I edited unren to use x-game and it went fine. I usually do such editing on a pc then rebuild the apk...

Last edited:

rainkaj

Jul 16, 2017
I've decompiled several apk files, the only ones i've had issues with so far is due to someone protecting them... The trick is you have to rename game folder from x-game to game or alter the unren.bat to see x-game. Then copy in your own lib and renpy folders for the program to use.

Edit: I tested on an apk and only one thing seemed needed to be renamed (for decompiling). I edited unren to use x-game and it went fine. I usually do such editing on a pc then rebuild the apk...
I did like you said and when i re-installed it said Parse Failed No Certificates.

Last edited:

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
I did like you said and when i re-installed it said Parse Failed No Certificates.
You mean when you tried to build it with renpy? If you are just editing one rpy/rpyc file i'd think you wouldn't need to rebuild an apk, if you can copy the file to your android device where the game is already installed... If you rebuild the apk in renpy i'd think you'd need to rename all directories and files not just game dir... Just putting the file in to the existing apk file i've never had success with but then haven't tried it much, i was just told that kills the apk since it isn't just a common zip file.

rainkaj

Jul 16, 2017
You mean when you tried to build it with renpy? If you are just editing one rpy/rpyc file i'd think you wouldn't need to rebuild an apk, if you can copy the file to your android device where the game is already installed... If you rebuild the apk in renpy i'd think you'd need to rename all directories and files not just game dir... Just putting the file in to the existing apk file i've never had success with but then haven't tried it much, i was just told that kills the apk since it isn't just a common zip file.
After a tons of times and tried finally i did it with apktool and signapk.
First of all use apktool to decompile original apk then put x-unren.rpy and unren.rpyc ( from unren.bat) into x-game folder.
Second step use an apktool to rebuild it and then use signapk.zip with jarsignapk.js to pass Parse Failed No Cetificates.
But to do firststep and second step you have to learn a bit about the command of cmd throughout google.

Reactions: 6stringsamurai
Apr 27, 2017
What folder are you putting the batch file in? It should be in the main game folder with the .exe, you shouldn't have to copy anything.
That would be why then. I swear at one point I was doing this but the tool would complain about not being able to find python.exe...unless something changed since the older versions. I will place in the root directory where the .exe is from now on.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
That would be why then. I swear at one point I was doing this but the tool would complain about not being able to find python.exe...unless something changed since the older versions. I will place in the root directory where the .exe is from now on.
That might have been because you opened it in the middle of extracting the game from the zip file? I do that sometimes when I'm in a hurry, you have to wait for the game to fully extract before doing anything.

hy6N

Jul 4, 2020
Я получаю эту ошибку. Девятая версия тоже пишет. Что я должен делать?
-gRn1PheUOk.jpg

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Я получаю эту ошибку. Девятая версия тоже пишет. Что я должен делать?
View attachment 716727
Gung hay fat choi!

Happy Chinese new year

Did you put the bat file in the correct place?
Also, this is an English community. All posts in other languages are required to have an English translation.

johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
hy6N Place the bat file in the same location as the exe file.

Разместите файл bat в том же месте, что и exe-файл.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
It immediately closes when i open it. How do i fix this?
Oh my! Don't flood us with actually usefull infos. It's soooooo much!
:rolleyes:

Start the application (by typing it actually) from a beforehand opened cmd window and not with a double click. This way you get usually a error message if something is wrong.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes