Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Yes, I wanted to learn how to extract rpa images from some games and I don't know how to do that
To copy something in Windows, you can use Ctrl-C and then Ctrl-V. But for objects in File Explorer, I prefer another method. I travel to the directory that contains the object, then to a Right-Click on the object I wish to copy. This will bring up a Menu of actions you can perform on that object. One of them should be Copy. Left-Click on that. Then I go to the directory to which you wish to copy the object. Right-Click again on any free space in that directory. This time, Left-Click on the Menu option Paste. Your object will appear in that directory.

Good luck.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
To copy something in Windows, you can use Ctrl-C and then Ctrl-V. But for objects in File Explorer, I prefer another method. I travel to the directory that contains the object, then to a Right-Click on the object I wish to copy. This will bring up a Menu of actions you can perform on that object. One of them should be Copy. Left-Click on that. Then I go to the directory to which you wish to copy the object. Right-Click again on any free space in that directory. This time, Left-Click on the Menu option Paste. Your object will appear in that directory.

Good luck.
Good luck in deed. There is a saying: You've Got to Walk Before You Can Run. He wants to do some advanced technical stuff and does not even know how to use a computer. So let's assume he can copy unren.bat where it belongs. Then what? Maybe he even knows how to start it (assuming he knows what a double click is). Then he will be prompted with a black window and a lot of options. At this point I am glad that "format drive c:" is not one of them.

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Ok srk, I'm getting discouraged, but I'll try again. Thank you for your patience with me
I would not want to discurage you from using a computer, or better learn how to use a computer. But you should start with something like this:

Since you already seem to know how the internet works, maybe there is something in there that is not new to you. But copy&paste is explained.

Do you even have already configured your Windows Explorer to show the file extensions? Otherwise you would not even see the unren.bat file.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I would not want to discurage you from using a computer, or better learn how to use a computer. But you should start with something like this:

His advice is spot on. I would say i sign this.
Before you try stuff like working with UnRen or similar/more complicated command line interface(cli)" apps, you should learn the basics. Something like this should also help: (OR choose your version if w10 wrong is)

Please expect not you learn all this on a single day or go after them strait to the more complicated stuff. Behind all this steps are a underlying concept how computers work and this is harder to teach/grasp. :)

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I'm having the "Cannot locate python.exe" message, and I'm 100% sure that I'm executing the .bat file from the game root directory. I've read in this post that the python.exe file that unren looks for is suposed to be in the "/lib/windows-i686/" folder, but the game I've trying to use it on doesn't have that exact directory but one called "/windows-x86_64" with a python.exe file in it.
Is this something I can fix or do I need a newer unren version (I've used the two versions listed in the main page and the 0.10.1-dev on that post).
Thanks!
Ran into this issue as well.
Maybe not the best workaround but one none the less copy the "/windows-x86_64" and rename to "/windows-i686".

nick148

Aug 11, 2016
Something to note is that if you use the "hidden" check on the rpa files they wont extract (Didnt find any info here)

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Ran into this issue as well. ...
Like said: We can expect more of this from now on. I explained in the post below your cited post: https://f95zone.to/goto/post?id=4871521 :)
...if you use the "hidden" check on the rpa files they wont extract ...
o_O
Firstly) I think its to expect. Unren batch uses this simple line to filter for rpa:
for %%f in (*.rpa) do ( ...
I am not this much in the know about batch anymore, but if am correct we would need /AH somewhere, somehow. But this was never before a issue.
Secondly) Not a issue in linux/shell or python.
Thirdly) Why in the world would anyone hide his RPA?

shrug.gif

Last edited:

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Like said: We can expect more of this from now on. I explained in the post blow your cite, :)
Yes, but you also said to let us know if it worked and no one said anything about it working. That's why i said this works as a workaround for the issue. Not the best way to do it i know, but it works and now others know it does.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I did, did'n i? Forgot. :LOL:
... copy the "/windows-x86_64" and rename to "/windows-i686".
And good one. It's a bit ugly but if it's works... well. Another way is to edit UnRen and do the same for the "pythondir" var in lines 76/81

nick148

Aug 11, 2016
Like said: We can expect more of this from now on. I explained in the post below your cited post: https://f95zone.to/goto/post?id=4871521 :)
o_O
Firstly) I think its to expect. Unren batch uses this simple line to filter for rpa:
for %%f in (*.rpa) do ( ...
I am not this much in the know about batch anymore, but if am correct we would need /AH somewhere, somehow. But this was never before a issue.
Secondly) Not a issue in linux/shell or python.
Thirdly) Why in the world would anyone hide his RPA?

View attachment 999708
Oh! im not complaining or anything like that. The solution is pretty simple and the problem wont happen to (almost) anyone. Its just for someona who maybe have this problem in the future.
And by rule of thumb i hide everything i download on incognito since i dont live alone and mi pc doesnt have any password.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Does the Dev version work on RenPy 7.4.x? I tried decompiling one and I get the error "No module named decompiler"

Not sure if this is because of the version or if the Dev of the game did something to it to make it not work.

Edit: I downloaded the 7.4.1 SDK and dropped the "lib" and "renpy" folders into the game directory and I am still getting the error "No module named decompiler" so it seems that this doesn't work with the 7.4.x versions.

Last edited:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
And by rule of thumb i hide everything i download on incognito since i dont live alone and mi pc doesnt have any password.
I understand. Thats not a easy situation but if this works for you, ok.
Maybe you want to consider your own User account in your OS or a encrypted directory for your xyz stuff. Just as a thought. :)

Does the Dev version work on RenPy 7.4.x? I tried decompiling one and I get the error "No module named decompiler"
No, doesnt work with UnRen in any current (old)version. RenPy internals changed too much and UnRen's embeded unrpyc is too old. For decompiling you should use the current v1.1.5 separately from Unren.

Reactions: frozenfeet

LeFapman

Oct 29, 2018
How to explain this ? Oh, I know... Imagine that both Ren'py and Unity are car's building kits.

With the Ren'py kit you have tons of motors, seats, windshields, steering wheel and in fact tons of everything needed by a car. But you have only one "base" on what you can build your car. So each piece can only be put at their given place and whatever how unique your car will be, after driving few cars made with this building kit, anybody can drive anyone of them. They know where "this" will be, how "that" will works and so on.
In the opposite, you've Unity. It's also a car building kit, but instead of tons of motors, you've tons of screws, bolts, small metal pieces, etc. You don't choose which motor you'll use, you build your own motor, design your own gearbox, and in the end you put everything in whatever place you want. So, each time someone want to drive a car made with this building kit, this person need to relearn how to drive.

Reported back to the subject, with Ren'py you know where to find the variables and how to address them. And like the base is always the same, you also know how to do it. But with Unity, the variables can be everywhere. Each single value in the memory space used by the game can be, or not, a variable. Obviously each one can be found and changed, but to achieve this you need to make a new tool specifically for each game.
And this, simplified explanation is why you can't have an unRen-like tool for Unity.
Hey, thanks for the explanation! That was really well put together. :)

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes