Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
My unren is not downloading. It stops download automatically with seconds of clicking on the unren0.8 installation file

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
where can i get v1.1.5 ?
The link to unrpyc GitHub page is in the first message of the thread. Once there, look at the right of the page, you'll see a "release" section, just click there.

My unren is not downloading. It stops download automatically with seconds of clicking on the unren0.8 installation file
Are you really sure that it isn't downloaded ? It's a really small file, even with a slow connection it don't need more than few seconds. And it's also not an installation file, just an archive that have to be manually opened.

Reactions: trauts

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
The link to unrpyc GitHub page is in the first message of the thread. Once there, look at the right of the page, you'll see a "release" section, just click there.

Are you really sure that it isn't downloaded ? It's a really small file, even with a slow connection it don't need more than few seconds. And it's also not an installation file, just an archive that have to be manually opened.
I meant it is downloaded but gets removed from the folder where it is installed by itself. I refresh many times, but no file there cant figure the reason.

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
unren.bat is getting deleted by itself from the folder where the game executable is. Can someone help.

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Maybe he gets it if we answer him two or three times more?
Well I even disabled windows defender and still got error so asked again. So from next time.onwards please try n ask the reason for repeating before taunting someone. Humble request.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Well I even disabled windows defender and still got error so asked again. So from next time.onwards please try n ask the reason for repeating before taunting someone. Humble request.
Humble suggestion:

You have been answerd three times. The correct response before posting the same question would have been one of the following three:

1. Yes, thanks for the answer, that helped!
2. No, I tried but it didn't help. Any more hints?
3. I do not understand, please explain!

Instead, you seemingly ignored the answers. So are we supposed to figure out ourselves what you did or did not?

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Well I even disabled windows defender and still got error so asked again.
The thing is that a software doesn't magically disappear. There's always a reason for that, and 99,99% of the times it's for one of the following reasons :
  1. The software is designed for that ; it's not the case for unren.
  2. The user have deleted the software ; you would know it and not ask the question.
  3. The anti-virus(-like) saw the software as a threat and removed it ; you should be notified about this.
  4. There's a virus/malware on your computer that randomly remove software ; you should have noticed the same behavior with other software.

Therefore, without more explanation from your side, people give you the most obvious answer, that is the number 3 with you having turned off, or not seen, the notification.

It appear that it don't seem to be the reason, but this only you know it, because only you know that you've temporarily disabled you anti-virus(-like) to see if it make a difference. This being said, if you want help on your problem, you'll have to be more specific, because whatever how far can goes our knowledge regarding computer use and behavior, we don't know how your computer, with your software, your configuration and your way to use it, behave.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
He could also look in the wrong folder, or copied it to the wrong folder in the first place, so he doesn't see it now. Hard to figure out without more details.

Also good to know would be if he did see it immediately after copying it there, then it magically vanishes at some point, or if he never saw it.

Massanian

Jun 5, 2017
Anyone know how to modify the bat to force over-writing existing files?
When running unren I get messages like "Output file already exists, decompiling failed" and rather than manually delete all the existing files, I'd like to add an "-overwrite" option into the bat somewhere that makes the decompiler over-write existing files if possible.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
When running unren I get messages like "Output file already exists, decompiling failed" and rather than manually delete all the existing files, I'd like to add an "-overwrite" option into the bat somewhere that makes the decompiler over-write existing files if possible.
The real question is "why is there already an existing file".
It's really exceptional that a game come with only part of the rpy files, therefore either there's already all of them, or the file is present for a good reason (generally a bug fix) and shouldn't be deleted.

If really you want it, like changing unrpyc would need the edition of its script then conversion into Base64, the simplest way is to tell unren to delete all the already existing "rpy" files.
unren-dev.bat - line 227 and following :
Code:
REM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM Decompile rpyc files
REM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
echo   Searching for rpyc files...
cd "%gamedir%"
set "PYTHONPATH=%pythondir%Lib"
for /r %%f in (*.rpyc) do (
insert
Code:
del /s *.rpy
between :
Code:
cd "%gamedir%"
set "PYTHONPATH=%pythondir%Lib"
But as I implied above, the file(s) have a reason to be here, and by removing it/them, you'll revert the game to a previous state that is potentially broken.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Anyone know how to modify the bat to force over-writing existing files?
in the decompile section change
"%pythondir%python.exe" -O "%unrpycpy%" "%%f"
to
"%pythondir%python.exe" -O "%unrpycpy%" "%%f" "--clobber"

Old and Ugly

Jan 31, 2021

Sorry, I'm a newbie - when I go to the GitHub page at , the Releases section on the right says "No releases published" and there's nothing for me to click on to download.

What am I doing wrong?

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
When running unren I get messages like "Output file already exists, decompiling failed" and rather than manually delete all the existing files, I'd like to add an "-overwrite" option...
In this case this is the "unrpyc" app and it has already a overwrite opt called `--clobber`. To be of use you would however need to run it directly through python 2.7. Inside unren its quasi static working without active overwrite like you already experienced.
Edit: I am too slow from the looks. And the tip from the66 is another way, but without guarantees.
The real question is "why is there already an existing file".

But as I implied above, the file(s) have a reason to be here, and by removing it/them, you'll revert the game to a previous state that is potentially broken.
And thats why i would not do it. At least not without knowing whats going on there with the rpy scripts or having a backup(you mostly have the game still as the DL pack, so thats given).

Old and Ugly No there isn't a download. But in the first post of this thread.

Massanian

Jun 5, 2017
Thanks for the replies. I had tried the clobber approach but seemed to have errors, never thought to try and delete the files first *facepalm*

As for the reason the files exist, they were decompiled from previous versions since when a new update is released, I extract and over-write existing files rather than fill my hard drive with 10 versions of the same game like I used to.

Also, I have wondered if some developers were leaving "lesser" files in place as a simple version of anti-sharing.
I never documented any actual evidence, just found a few games where I couldn't find text on screen in the source files (even checking the translation folders). So safest option I could think of was to make sure that every file decompiled/extracted etc was written to drive regardless of what was already there.

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
Hi there,
Any idea what causes this problem when running unren V8 & V9
Bean using unren for quite a while now and never got an error like this before.
Did notice that the renpy folder for this game was bigger than others I have seen before.
Tried copying in a different renpy folder same issue.
The decompiler folder appears and then disappears during the run.
Tried running unren on an older version of this game worked OK.
Found it I think.
The lib folder windows-i686 only has 12 files in it.
There is also a windows-x86_64 folder which has the same 12 files in it.
Normally there would be 27 files.
Is this the cause of the issue?

Creating _unrpyc.cab...

Extracting _unrpyc.cab...
Searching for rpyc files...
+ Decompiling "bol.rpyc" - 16844 bytes
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Downloads\DarkMagic-V.0.13.5-pc\game\..\unrpyc.py", line 32, in <module>
import decompiler
ImportError: No module named decompiler

replaced the lib folder and got this output instead

Decompilation of 0 script file successful
+ Decompiling "characters.rpyc" - 11224 bytes
Decompilation of 1 script file successful
+ Decompiling "corruptions.rpyc" - 24034 bytes
Decompilation of 1 script file successful
+ Decompiling "events1.rpyc" - 1602821 bytes
Error while decompiling E:\Downloads\DarkMagic-V.0.13.5-pc\game\events1.rpyc:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Downloads\DarkMagic-V.0.13.5-pc\game\..\unrpyc.py", line 139, in worker
no_pyexpr=args.no_pyexpr, comparable=args.comparable, translator=translator, init_offset=args.init_offset)
File "E:\Downloads\DarkMagic-V.0.13.5-pc\game\..\unrpyc.py", line 113, in decompile_rpyc
translator=translator, init_offset=init_offset)
File "E:\Downloads\DarkMagic-V.0.13.5-pc\decompiler\__init__.py", line 46, in pprint
decompile_python=decompile_python, translator=translator).dump(ast, indent_level, init_offset)
File "E:\Downloads\DarkMagic-V.0.13.5-pc\decompiler\__init__.py", line 89, in dump
super(Decompiler, self).dump(ast, indent_level, skip_indent_until_write=True)
File "E:\Downloads\DarkMagic-V.0.13.5-pc\decompiler\util.py", line 29, in dump
self.print_nodes(ast)
File "E:\Downloads\DarkMagic-V.0.13.5-pc\decompiler\util.py", line 120, in print_nodes
self.print_node(node)
File "E:\Downloads\DarkMagic-V.0.13.5-pc\decompiler\__init__.py", line 106, in print_node
self.dispatch.get(type(ast), type(self).print_unknown)(self, ast)
File "E:\Downloads\DarkMagic-V.0.13.5-pc\decompiler\__init__.py", line 433, in print_label
self.print_nodes(ast.block, 1)
File "E:\Downloads\DarkMagic-V.0.13.5-pc\decompiler\util.py", line 120, in print_nodes
self.print_node(node)
File "E:\Downloads\DarkMagic-V.0.13.5-pc\decompiler\__init__.py", line 106, in print_node
self.dispatch.get(type(ast), type(self).print_unknown)(self, ast)
File "E:\Downloads\DarkMagic-V.0.13.5-pc\decompiler\__init__.py", line 641, in print_menu
self.advance_to_line(condition.linenumber)
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'linenumber'

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes