Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

doble77

Feb 24, 2018
Ok, I've edited the v0.10.1-dev file and added a couple checks for the "windows-x86_64" directory, so now it should work for both versions (at least, it works for me). It's my first time working with batch code, so I'm not sure if this was the correct way of doing it...

Extra Lewd

May 7, 2018
I suppouse, try find python.exe in lib folder (recursive of course) is easy way like hardcode windows folders... anyway.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Ok, I've edited the v0.10.1-dev file ...
This shouldn't be used.
It's a unstable test version i did in May'20 which has also some error in it. Forgot which one. Also, the version of unrpyc we use there is from spring last year and not really working with RenPy 7.3.5 or newer. (There comes this days a new one if all goes well)

Furthermore it's possible that editing and saving the apps version where the base64 code already embedded is breaks the file. We don't work on the old UnRen anymore. Batch code is fickle IMO and mixing all this languages together makes it not better.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
B) UnRen's check for the "renpy" dir (along "lib" and "game") is not really needed, but just to be thorough about the script location.
It is needed. While unren.bat is presented as needing to be put in the main directory, this particular check permit it to works both in the main directory and in the "/game/" directory. A flexibility more than welcome when a script have to be used mostly by people with few knowledge regarding how computers works.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
This is strange, but the extracted pictures cannot be modified with Photoshop or Paint.net, while I remember I could do it with earlier versions. Is there a way to fix it? I can only open the pictures now; even the thumbnail doesn't load.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
rf96 Without more info's, a better description, example image or mentioning the game in question... how should we know? I have no crystal ball. ;)
Anyway, i guess they changed simply format. But that's just a shot in the dark because I've seen this already. Better link a example.

Last edited:

rf96

Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
rf96 Without more info's, a better description, example image or mentioning the game in question... how should we know? I have no crystal ball. ;)
Anyway, i guess they changed simply format. But that's just a shot in the dark because I've seen this already. Better link a example.
It's the same with all the games I tried.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Oh... Ok. Then i guess something i your system changed. Which OS?
- Any updates done? Auto updates?
- New software installed?
- Some software deinstalled
- Some settings changed?

rf96

Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Oh... Ok. Then i guess something i your system changed. Which OS?
- Any updates done? Auto updates?
- New software installed?
- Some software deinstalled
- Some settings changed?
I think I get it. In Windows, Unren extracts pictures as .jpg, whereas in Linux they are extracted as .webp, which is the correct format. I can read the .jpg pictures in Windows, but not modify them. It still works if I change the extension back to .webp though. Any idea how to fix this? so I don't have to manually rename hundreds of files?

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
In Windows, Unren extracts pictures as .jpg, whereas in Linux they are extracted as .webp...
Impossible. Really.
Unren does not modify the filenames. They're just patched through.
I think it's possible your OS does there something (?) or you misread something. e..g The format specifier from the file magic your OS identified, with the name extension. Could it?

There are some games here which use webp images but with their old file extension like jpg. Summertime Saga is such a example. This could be the case here.
... Any idea how to fix this? so I don't have to manually rename hundreds of files?
For me on Linux there are many options like the "rename" tool. Basic behavior: rename (option) 's/oldname/newname/' filename.ext So in this case yolu could do: rename 's/\.jpg$/.webp/' *.jpg This will rename every the extension from jpg to webp in every filename ending with *.jpg If the jpeg's have the e in the name then change both!

On windows you could go with XNview. A good app.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoyomistro

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I think I get it. In Windows, Unren extracts pictures as .jpg, whereas in Linux they are extracted as .webp, which is the correct format.
It's not exactly that.

Ren'py do not care about the extension of the images, therefore when a compressor do his works, he replace the original images by one in the WEBP format, but he keep the original extension of the file. This because it's easier to do so, than to edit the code of the game in order to change the extension of all the image that are explicitly addressed by their name ; what could lead to errors since you can always miss something. And some devs do the same by themselves, for the same reasons.

In top of that, it seem that whatever software you're using to edit the images have some issues when the extension don't match the effective format, what lead to the problem you end with.

Reactions: Pagol1

mirian

Nov 18, 2018
sorry for question, I don't understand anything about it. How do I copy UnRen.bat to the game's root directory (where the exe is) or to the / game folder)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
sorry for question, I don't understand anything about it. How do I copy UnRen.bat to the game's root directory (where the exe is) or to the / game folder)
Sorry but if you don't know how to copy a file then I doubt this topic is for you... The answer would be: download the file, copy it there.

mirian

Nov 18, 2018
Sorry for the insistence, I really wanted to learn. I've tried several times, how do I put it there? Have to copy and paste (Ctrl V and then Ctrl C?)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Sorry for the insistence, I really wanted to learn. I've tried several times, how do I put it there? Have to copy and paste (Ctrl V and then Ctrl C?)
Ctrl V and then Ctrl C is paste and copy, i.e. the other way round. Really. You will break everything if you don't even know that much.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes