Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
The error you get imply a problem internal to unren. For some reason, unrpyc.py can not works because its dependencies haven't been correctly installed.

The RPY files are in the RPA archives, so anyway unrpycing them is useless. And I confirm that the still use the RPA-3.1 modification, so the link I provided above should effectively solve this issue.
the rpy files aren't in the rpa archives tho...only rpyc
also I have tried using both version as well as tried unrpycing other files to check [and it worked for all other games I tried except Kunoichi Trainer](also trying the patch you provided only helped with decompiling the RPA but not for rpyc->rpy)
and even changing the folders to C:\\games, etc nothing solved it for me

maybe I'm missing something idk (even tried the dev version of unren just to be sure but still same issue)

also on that note, I think you should put your rpa 3.1 modification up in the rpatool github's page or something
would make it so the unren dev would finally update these things into Unren itself

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
the rpy files aren't in the rpa archives tho...only rpyc
My bad. Like I haven't a valid tool for this RPA format (and being initially too lazy to make the small change needed) I directly used un.rpyc and wrongly interpreted the lack of RPY files created.

So, yes they changed the signature for the RPYC files and the format used for the encoding. Therefore, I updated my rpycCorrector tool to deal with it. But you still need the corrected version of RPA tool I linked above to first extract the RPYC files out of the RPA archive.

also on that note, I think you should put your rpa 3.1 modification up in the rpatool github's page or something
would make it so the unren dev would finally update these things into Unren itself
It's already on the official version if I remember correctly. But in fact it's not something really complex, they just changed the signature from "RPA-3.0" into "RPA-3.1" without changing anything else.

But I should really find the time to do something for that. For people who have Python on their computer it's not really difficult to deal with those little changes, but an easier solution would be interesting for the others.

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
My bad. Like I haven't a valid tool for this RPA format (and being initially too lazy to make the small change needed) I directly used un.rpyc and wrongly interpreted the lack of RPY files created.

So, yes they changed the signature for the RPYC files and the format used for the encoding. Therefore, I updated my rpycCorrector tool to deal with it. But you still need the corrected version of RPA tool I linked above to first extract the RPYC files out of the RPA archive.

It's already on the official version if I remember correctly. But in fact it's not something really complex, they just changed the signature from "RPA-3.0" into "RPA-3.1" without changing anything else.

But I should really find the time to do something for that. For people who have Python on their computer it's not really difficult to deal with those little changes, but an easier solution would be interesting for the others.
idk the fuck is with these rpyc files
I successfully extracted the rpyc from rpa, used both the sig and rpyc corrector and still I keep getting the same "No module named decompiler" error
I think for the sake of my head I'll leave it for now

the dev really seems to have messed with the patreon.rpyc or something
the file still doesn't correct (stuck at processing for 5 mins then failed (2 pics)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] still I keep getting the same "No module named decompiler" error
Because, like I said initially, this imply a problem with unren. For some reasons unrpyc.py can not works, because unren failed to correctly uncompress/install its dependency.

The RPYC encoding problem is just a side effect that I discovered during this discussion, and would have prevented unrpyc.py to works, but is totally unrelated to the error you encounter.

There's definitively something weird with either your computer or the version you have of the game. Among other things, when using rpycCorrector (download the version on the thread to be sure that I haven't uploaded a wrong one), I have no problem to proceed all the files, and the one that failed for you was proceeded without problem.

tuktex

Oct 26, 2017
Hello, (Sorry i can't really help you there.. i'm a bit Newbie )
I have the sames issues than Scy7he and johndoe1545, on the same game. I just don't think the corrector work for me (i've used the v1.04) but maybe i'm doing something wrong. It show me this Capture d’écran 2020-12-20 172055.png and when i press a key, the console close down. and after using the Unren i can read these 4 folders but it still say me "No module named decompiler"

And i wanted to know how can Python help in this case, i just don't know how to use it + i"ve just discovered this tool 1 hour ago so...

EDIT : i didn't saw your last post when writing this one

Ariel Schnee

Nov 26, 2020

This link only leads to a 404 page.

Where can I get the "PowerShell" for XP?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Where can I get the "PowerShell" for XP?
Microsoft have dropped support for XP since 2016, therefore you'll have to rely on third party sources, with what it imply about the risks.
I know it's an investment, but you should really think about changing your computer, or at least your OS if you can ; even Ren'py will not support XP anymore, as few days ago. Ren'py future versions should continue to works, at least as long as the transition to Python 3.x isn't completed, but without guaranty that all feature will works, or that there will not be some bugs.

Ariel Schnee

Nov 26, 2020
Microsoft have dropped support for XP since 2016, therefore you'll have to rely on third party sources, with what it imply about the risks.
I know it's an investment, but you should really think about changing your computer, or at least your OS if you can ; even Ren'py will not support XP anymore, as few days ago. Ren'py future versions should continue to works, at least as long as the transition to Python 3.x isn't completed, but without guaranty that all feature will works, or that there will not be some bugs.
I found it.^_^

This has PowerShell 2.0, and works with Windows XP.^_^

I tested it, and it works fine.^_^

I'm not changing my OS because too many things I have will not work on anything above XP. So... Why would I change? If I did change my OS now... I wouldn't be able to play my old games, use my old programs, and other such things that I actually do enjoy doing.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
If I did change my OS now... I wouldn't be able to play my old games, use my old programs, and other such things that I actually do enjoy doing.
It's off topic and I don't want to lower your mood, but someone have to tell it, before you waste more years using an outdated OS without reasons.

Through its software compatibility feature, Windows is perfectly able to run old software.
And for the few software that don't works well with the said "software compatibility", with it's relatively easy to use virtualization, and so run Windows XP on top of Windows 10.

So far, since I switched to Windows 7 eleven years ago, I never had to stop using a software I used to use on XP, at least not because of a compatibility issue.

Ariel Schnee

Nov 26, 2020
It's off topic and I don't want to lower your mood, but someone have to tell it, before you waste more years using an outdated OS without reasons.

Through its software compatibility feature, Windows is perfectly able to run old software.
And for the few software that don't works well with the said "software compatibility", with it's relatively easy to use virtualization, and so run Windows XP on top of Windows 10.

So far, since I switched to Windows 7 eleven years ago, I never had to stop using a software I used to use on XP, at least not because of a compatibility issue.
I tested Win 10 once. Never.Ever.Again. I don't know how much Microsoft is paying you to extol the "virtues" of their crap OS. But... I.AM.NOT.INTERESTED. GET.THAT.THROUGH.YOUR.HEAD. I am sick and tired of people telling me to switch to Win 10. I would rather listen to the "singing" of an undead cat as it is slowly lowered into the lava of a volcano, and be lowered into said volcano myself, than I would to use Win 10. Get this through your heads people of this forum. I AM NOT interested in Win 10. So stop trying to peddle it to me.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I tested Win 10 once. Never.Ever.Again. I don't know how much Microsoft is paying you to extol the "virtues" of their crap OS. But... I.AM.NOT.INTERESTED. GET.THAT.THROUGH.YOUR.HEAD. I am sick and tired of people telling me to switch to Win 10. I would rather listen to the "singing" of an undead cat as it is slowly lowered into the lava of a volcano, and be lowered into said volcano myself, than I would to use Win 10. Get this through your heads people of this forum. I AM NOT interested in Win 10. So stop trying to peddle it to me.
Dude Win 7 is outdated. I prefer it too. I have an old laptop that runs it still. I even tried installing it on my gaming rig but it's not compatible with the architecture of new mobos. No one's trying to convert anybody you're thinking too highly of yourself, he's just stating facts. You can turn off all the telemetry garbage and configure the OS in Win 10 extensively using the registry to your liking. That's what I've done, and it's a perfectly fine OS so far. There are still kinks, yes. Like a major bug with wifi on certain builds that made it drop connections constantly, and memory addressing issues with Firefox, but across the board it's better than the dumpster fire 8 was and you just have to accept it's the current platform on which most software is developed. You're gonna run into compatibility issues with 7 and there's nothing you can do about it unless you can rebuild the OS on new architecture.

Reactions: User1230

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Your choice. It seems to me that you would rather play old games and programs than new ones. Fine, just don't come here complaining that stuff doesn't work, since it works just fine on Windows 10. And screaming at people on this thread is going to result in no one raising a finger to help you.

Reactions: User1230

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
You can turn off all the telemetry garbage and configure the OS in Win 10 extensively using the registry to your liking. That's what I've done, and it's a perfectly fine OS so far.
And when the registry isn't enough, there's tools for that. My own Windows 10 looks and acts like his good old Win XP
while playing both old and recent software. The best of all worlds.

But obviously, for that one need to hear more than he talk, and question himself before assuming that he know better.

And now, back on topic.

Reactions: yoyomistro

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
And when the registry isn't enough, there's tools for that. My own Windows 10 looks and acts like his good old Win XP
while playing both old and recent software. The best of all worlds.

But obviously, for that one need to hear more than he talk, and question himself before assuming that he know better.

And now, back on topic.
Wait they're on XP? Only skimmed the post and didn't notice, that's even worse. At least 7 still runs a lot of things. XP is just a security disaster waiting to happen.

I wasted 3 hours looking through a game's code and it's included renpy engine code because I forgot that UnRen doesn't decompile choice kwargs. Don't be stupid like me.

View attachment 952138
Damn. We all get stuck on things once in a while cuz of misunderstandings, just learn and move forward =P. Also I DM'ed you about School of Lust a while ago, but I think it was when things were going crazy and I didn't know. Are you still working on that, and do you have any tools you use for it besides those available in the thread?

tuktex

Oct 26, 2017
After some research, learned to use python and a lot of attempts, i was able to extract the rpyc files from the rpa. then i've used the corrector and it's seems to work too. But now i have issues with the unrpyc... it says me "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'util'" i think it's a mistake in the command prompt, i wrote that :
C:\Users\...\Python39\python.exe unrpyc.py -c "D:\game directory\game\script.rpyc"

i'm sure to forget something here.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
i'm sure to forget something here.
You're probably forgetting nothing. The version 7.4.0 of Ren'py introduced many changes in the way it deal with Python, what make unrpyc.py being actually unusable. But the "un.rpyc" version of the tool still works perfectly.

tuktex

Oct 26, 2017
Okay so : i've tried to run the game while having the un.rpyc folder in and i've got this error :
While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/after_load_fixes.rpy', 1608317804, 194) is defined twice, at after_load_fixes.rpyc:2 and game/scripts/after_load_fixes.rpyc:2.

then i've tried to use it with the command prompt :
C:\Users\...\Python39\python.exe compile.py -d -o -p "D:\game directory\game\script.rpyc"

and got an error "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'codegen'"

well... honestly i don't think it's worth the shot but i'm not going to give up... for now.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/after_load_fixes.rpy', 1608317804, 194) is defined twice, at after_load_fixes.rpyc:2 and game/scripts/after_load_fixes.rpyc:2.
That is an error coming from the game and would had happened even without using un.rpyc.
Just turn off the developer mode, and the warning disappear, letting you enjoy the game in the exact same broken way than any other players.

and got an error "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'codegen'"

well... honestly i don't think it's worth the shot but i'm not going to give up... for now.
The answer to this is in the few discussion right above your own message.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes