Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Frank Rosario

Engaged Member
Jan 1, 2018
trauts

Sorry for the delay, didn't had enough free time to works seriously on this before now.

I rewrote my tool, changed its intent, and now it will works with problems like this one. Once you've used it to correct the RPYC files, you'll be able to use unren.bat/un.rpyc to uncompress the files.
Thanks a lot! I'll try it tomorrow. I thank you for your work.

UPDATE:
I was too curious to wait for tomorrow to try it out. IT WORKS PERFECTLY. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Reactions: anne O'nymous

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I have a question. v0.9 UnRen-dev.bat has been noted as being a 'temporary workaround' and possibly 'unstable' for over a year now. Is that still the case? If so, what will it take to get it un-temporary, as well as un-unstabled? I have been using it since I found it, shortly after it appeared here, and have had zero problems with it. Seems pretty stable to me, but I'm not technically savvy enough to actually know what I'm doing.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Reactions: Walter Victor

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
RPA tools usually seem to be fairly simple and easy to use, why not Devs make it compatible for Android? I'd really like an Android app with which i can unpack an RPA file. I don't want to turn on my PC every time i need to unpack an RPA!

is something like that even in the making or is it a distant dream that'll never come alive?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
is something like that even in the making or is it a distant dream that'll never come alive?
Why exactly are you asking this here ? I doubt that the author of RPAtool read this thread, I even doubt that he know about it.
The link to the project is in OP, just follow it and ask all this directly to the right person.

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
I tried unren.bat yesterday and it works fine but - How do I handle a text file with the size of nearly 1 Gig?

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
Why exactly are you asking this here ? I doubt that the author of RPAtool read this thread, I even doubt that he know about it.
The link to the project is in OP, just follow it and ask all this directly to the right person.
I'm exactly asking this here because i thought the Developer or the Team might visit this thread. Now that the "all knowing" member have told me they never read anything posted here, I'll kindly fuck off.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I'm exactly asking this here because i thought the Developer or the Team might visit this thread.
Why would they ? As it's clearly said in OP, it's a third party software that happen to be used by unren, dot. I'm not even sure they know about unren.

Now that the "all knowing" member [...]
Would you have read the second sentence of the opening message, that you would, you too, be "all knowing".

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
Why would they ? As it's clearly said in OP, it's a third party software that happen to be used by unren, dot. I'm not even sure they know about unren.

Would you have read the second sentence of the opening message, that you would, you too, be "all knowing".
Now it gets annoying. If you didn't understand my previous message clearly, it's goodbye.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
What is exactly the error you get ?
Don't know about the OP of this message, but here's mine:

Exception calling "ReadAllText" with "1" argument(s): "Det gick inte att hitta filen X:\Downloads\Mega\CultureShock-Cha
pter2v0.5-pc-Compressed\CultureShock-Chapter2v0.5-pc - kopia\_unrpyc.cab.tmp."
At line:1 char:5
+ & { [IO.File]::WriteAllBytes("H:\Downloads\Mega\CultureShock-Chapter2 ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: :)) [], MethodInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : FileNotFoundException

Extracting _unrpyc.cab...
Det går inte att hitta filen. (File can't be found)
Searching for rpyc files...
+ Decompiling "Gallery.rpyc" - 4082 bytes
X:\Downloads\Mega\CultureShock-Chapter2v0.5-pc-Compressed\CultureShock-Chapter2v0.5-pc - kopia\lib\windows-i686\python.exe: can't open file 'H:\Downloads\Mega\CultureShock-Chapter2v0.5-pc-Compressed\CultureShock-Chapter2v0.5-pc - kopia\game\..\unrpyc.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
+ Decompiling "gui.rpyc" - 20470 bytes

The problem on my end is that my antivirus Bitdefender Total Security is flagging it as malware. In fact, it's flagging CMD as malware so simply adding an exception to this directory is not going to solve the issue.

All other commands work without issue. It's basically just unable to create the .tmp file as the process gets flagged as malware.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The problem on my end is that my antivirus Bitdefender Total Security is flagging it as malware. In fact, it's flagging CMD as malware so simply adding an exception to this directory is not going to solve the issue.
It's apparently a frequent issue with BitDefender since 2018. Their heuristic detection (basically: behavior analyze of the code) really seem to be a real mess when scripts are involved. Be happy, when it started it was not just flagging cmd.exe, but removing it, as well as some interpreters like python.exe.
Both un.rpyc and rpatool have a none suspicious behavior, so I assume that the detection stop at the attempt to create the files from the Base64 strings where they are stored. For them it's an attempt to proceed malicious code, and the detection don't go further to validate if the code is effectively malicious or not. They probably see this as a smart move reducing the time and ressource needed by the heuristic detection, assuming that the average used never have to use tools like unren.bat.

A quick search leaved me with the feeling that there's no way to solve the problem. But first, use to test cmd (it's located in c:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe) and powershell (c:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe) to ensure that they effectively are safe, just in case.
If they effectively are safe, I fear that you've to change the antivirus you use, for one more serious.

All other commands work without issue. It's basically just unable to create the .tmp file as the process gets flagged as malware.
What lead to the files not being created, and the second error you get.

Reactions: TheKingCobra

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
A quick search leaved me with the feeling that there's no way to solve the problem. But first, use to test cmd (it's located in c:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe) and powershell (c:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe) to ensure that they effectively are safe, just in case.
If they effectively are safe, I fear that you've to change the antivirus you use, for one more serious.
Virus Total found nothing in my powershell.exe

What lead to the files not being created, and the second error you get.
It seems that BitDefender just flags _unrpyc.cab.tmp as "Atc4.Detection". It's the advanced threat module in BitDefender that flags it. So as you said, their heuristics detection. That said, even turning advanced threat detection off doesn't seem to work. It just denies me access anyways to create the file anyways :p It's strange that until today or yesterday I never had any problems and I've used BitDefender since 2016. Oh well :)

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
It seems that BitDefender just flags _unrpyc.cab.tmp as "Atc4.Detection"
It's a name they use to identify a generic behavior they qualify as suspicious. But as I said, their heuristic detection is messed. I haven't search too deep, but as far as I gone, since 2018 BitDefender have put a shit ton of things behind their Atc4 ; mostly installer/updater, even from commercial products. And they don't seem to effectively correct their algorithm, just pilling up exceptions :/

It's strange that until today or yesterday I never had any problems and I've used BitDefender since 2016. Oh well :)
If unren was still using, I would give you the procedure to patch it in order to use external version of rpatool and un.rpyc, but doing this with unrpyc.py imply too many manipulation and make the use of unren totally useless.

Reactions: TheKingCobra

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
it seems they are really fucking trying
The error you get imply a problem internal to unren. For some reason, unrpyc.py can not works because its dependencies haven't been correctly installed.

The RPY files are in the RPA archives, so anyway unrpycing them is useless. And I confirm that the still use the RPA-3.1 modification, so the link I provided above should effectively solve this issue.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes