Tool Ren'Py UnRen for MacOS and Linux v0.8.2

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Rb.Elliot The game can just be decompiled with a lot of work and this will not happen like the pointer on github already suggested. If you want the scripts for (official) modding or a translation, then your best chance i'd say is to ask the devs for the raw scripts.

goobdoob You did'n update your unren variant to the last unrpyc version? ^^

Reactions: Rb.Elliot

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Rb.Elliot The game can just be decompiled with a lot of work and this will not happen like the pointer on github already suggested. If you want the scripts for (official) modding or a translation, then your best chance i'd say is to ask the devs for the raw scripts.

Seriously, though, I updated it with a new version, then they (Tom) broke more shit, and another version came out.

• Haha
Reactions: scrumbles

Rb.Elliot

May 16, 2018

i see , Thanks ! :)

ohcmonrest

Jul 22, 2017
I can't seem to get this to run on Lubuntu 20.04. After detecting python, the .command output in the terminal gives me:

"Error - cannot find rpatool or unrpyc in UnRen v0.8.2 Tools. Exiting"

I'm not too tech savvy but as far as I can tell I do have Bash as "echo $SHELL" outputs "/bin/bash"

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Did you install Python 2? Because Lubuntu 20 is shipped with Python 3 only, but unrpyc needs v2 (it's still available in the software center and in Muon Package Manager).
Apologies if this is not your issue.

Reactions: diquez

ohcmonrest

Jul 22, 2017
Do you have this two files in your folder?
Yes, I do.
Here's a full breakdown of the directory structure, in words (I don't know what the standard is to show this in a more accessible way).
Extracting the .zip gives me a "_MAXOSX" directory, which I assume I can just ignore, and an "UnRen v0.8.2" dir.
Inside that dir is an "UnRen Tools" dir, a ".DS_Store" file and an "UnRen.command" file.
Inside the "UnRen Tools" dir is a "decompiler" dir, another ".DS_Store" file, and the files "rpatool" and "unrpyc.py".
Inside the "decompiler" dir are nine .py files.

I thought maybe they were in the wrong place and that's why it couldn't find them, but I've copied them both to the same dir as the .command file and it still can't find them.
Along a similar train of thought I've tried, seperately, renaming the "UnRen v0.8.2" dir and "UnRen Tools" dir to "UnRen v0.8.2 Tools", as that is what the error said. No luck.

Did you install Python 2? Because Lubuntu 20 is shipped with Python 3 only, but unrpyc needs v2 (it's still available in the software center and in Muon Package Manager).
Apologies if this is not your issue.
I installed python2 through apt-get. My python2 --version output is: Python 2.7.18rc1

Aug 21, 2016
Yes, I do.
Here's a full breakdown of the directory structure, in words (I don't know what the standard is to show this in a more accessible way).
Extracting the .zip gives me a "_MAXOSX" directory, which I assume I can just ignore, and an "UnRen v0.8.2" dir.
Inside that dir is an "UnRen Tools" dir, a ".DS_Store" file and an "UnRen.command" file.
Inside the "UnRen Tools" dir is a "decompiler" dir, another ".DS_Store" file, and the files "rpatool" and "unrpyc.py".
Inside the "decompiler" dir are nine .py files.

I thought maybe they were in the wrong place and that's why it couldn't find them, but I've copied them both to the same dir as the .command file and it still can't find them.
Along a similar train of thought I've tried, seperately, renaming the "UnRen v0.8.2" dir and "UnRen Tools" dir to "UnRen v0.8.2 Tools", as that is what the error said. No luck.

I installed python2 through apt-get. My python2 --version output is: Python 2.7.18rc1
Same issue here. Latest version downloaded today. Honestly, have you considered just uploading this to pip?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
What is your output for python? As you can see from my output python2 is set as default.
Code:
~$ python2 --version
Python 2.7.12
~$ python --version
Python 2.7.12
~$ python3 --version
Python 3.5.2

Reactions: ohcmonrest

ohcmonrest

Jul 22, 2017
What is your output for python? As you can see from my output python2 is set as default.
Code:
~$ python2 --version
Python 2.7.12
~$ python --version
Python 2.7.12
~$ python3 --version
Python 3.5.2
Thank you, you solved it. My output for "python --version" was nothing, even though both "python2 --version" and "python3 --version" gave the correct version numbers. So I guess the problem was that even though I both had python2 and 3, neither were set up as default. After installing just "python", not "python2" from apt, I got python2 to work. Not exactly sure how that works, but it does. I would have never figured this out on my own. Again, thanks.

Jessica143

Dec 8, 2017
Hey guys hide interface key is not working sometimes for me in any renpy games , is there a script or something to fix it ?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote