Tool Ren'Py UnRen for MacOS and Linux v0.8.2

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
The execution option is already enable. Is just do not work for reason post in precedent message. But with the syntax explain in the post of goobdoob All is work now. Now i know DASH and not BASH is default shell. I have all info needed for me. This is why i have install Ubuntu again my heart. Too much non standard stuff.
I'm still using Ubuntu 16.04 and didn't know that 18.04 switch over to Dash.

Bulb69

Donor
Jun 9, 2018
Added "UnRen runs in bash. Other shells may or may not work. Do NOT run UnRen with "sh UnRen.command" if your sh is not bash. Instead, if you run it from the command line, run it with a full path, or "./UnRen.command"."
to the OP.
I suggest strongly to give the information about the syntax for Ubuntu user ("./UnRen.command") in the OP. I learn today i do not use BASH and nothing give a clue about DASH. I am sure i run BASH.

Now, the mystery is solved. Thank for your help. I never find this alone. I do not use regularly shell script.

Anyway, all this for give solution to other user. You know the solution for Ubuntu user. And what respond to her problem.

Bulb69

Donor
Jun 9, 2018
I'm still using Ubuntu 16.04 and didn't know that 18.04 switch over to Dash.
If is not the video card driver only supported by Ubuntu. I turn back to Linux Mint. Is over a years now. I start to check if is supported by other distribution now. I have never really be Ubuntu fan and i have another good reason to confirm it.

uberzubron

Nov 14, 2017
I've downloaded UnRen Tools and the command line, unsure where to extract them to, tried where the executable file of the game is but got this

base64: invalid option -- 'D'
Try 'base64 --help' for more information.
tar: decompiler.tar: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
UnRen for Mac v0.2
by goobdoob f95zone
based on the original version by jimmy5 f95zone
and UnRen.bat by sam f95zone
Python is installed, detected
Please drag + drop the game you are wanting to modify into the terminal.
/home/russ/Downloads/FootOfTheMountains-V11-pc/FootOfTheMountains-V11-pc

What would you like to do?
1) Extract RPA packages
2) Decompile rpyc files
3) Enable Console and Developer Menu
4) Enable Quick Save and Quick Load
5) Force enable skipping of unseen content
6) Force enable rollback (scroll wheel)
7) Open game directory

99) Options 1-6

q) quit UnRen

Extracting RPA packages
extracting images.rpa
python: can't open file '/tmp/rpatool.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
extracting scripts.rpa
python: can't open file '/tmp/rpatool.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

What would you like to do?
1) Extract RPA packages
2) Decompile rpyc files
3) Enable Console and Developer Menu
4) Enable Quick Save and Quick Load
5) Force enable skipping of unseen content
6) Force enable rollback (scroll wheel)
7) Open game directory

99) Options 1-6

q) quit UnRen

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
python2 is dead. can this be migrated to python3?
You want me to migrate the bash script to python 3 because python 2 is dead?

The only python scripts this uses are rpatool and unrpyc, which run on python 2. Port them to python 3 and we'll talk.

Reactions: numanumani

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
You want me to migrate the bash script to python 3 because python 2 is dead?

The only python scripts this uses are rpatool and unrpyc, which run on python 2. Port them to python 3 and we'll talk.
Sorry, I didn't look deeper than running it and getting the 'needs python2'

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
The author of`unrpyc` waits for a py3 version of renpy before he moves to a py3 version himself.
Not sure why he is waiting. According to RenPy documentation it is Python 3 ready.

Ren'Py is written in the Python programming language, and includes support for including Python inside Ren'Py scripts. Python support can be used for many things, from setting a flag to creating new displayables. This chapter covers ways in which Ren'Py scripts can directly invoke Python, through the various Python statements.
Ren'Py currently supports Python 2.7, though we strongly recommend you write Python that runs in Python 2 and Python 3.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
goobdoob I used unren to enable console menu for Where It All Began and afterwards I couldn't start the game without getting a bunch of "Parsing Error" anymore. Before I enabled console-Menu, I extracted the RPA packages (game started normal etc.).

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
goobdoob I used unren to enable console menu for Where It All Began and afterwards I couldn't start the game without throwing a bunch of "Parsing Error" anymore. Before I enabled console-Menu, I extracted the RPA packages (game started normal etc.).
Sounds like a bug in the game; did you get "multiply defined" errors?

Open unren-dev.rpy and comment out
config.developer = True
and try running it again.

I've seen that error in other games.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Sounds like a bug in the game; did you get "multiply defined" errors?

Open unren-dev.rpy and comment out
config.developer = True
and try running it again.

I've seen that error in other games.
Need to re-download the archive to reproduce the problem. I messed to much with other options since then.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Need to re-download the archive to reproduce the problem. I messed to much with other options since then.
Ok, I found the culprit. It is the incest patch that cause the issue if you try to extract the RPA files. Without the patch extraction and enable console works fine.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rb.Elliot

May 16, 2018
I tried to de-compile a .rpyc file. but after decompiling, in .rpy file it says

pass # <<<COULD NOT DECOMPILE: Unknown AST node: <class 'store.locations.CallLocation'>>>>

Problem with unren tool or scripts ?

Decompile file target: Innocent Witches > Scripts
Complete Decompiled Script file:

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I tried to de-compile a .rpyc file. but after decompiling, in .rpy file it says

pass # <<<COULD NOT DECOMPILE: Unknown AST node: <class 'store.locations.CallLocation'>>>>

Problem with unren tool or scripts ?

Decompile file target: Innocent Witches > Scripts
Complete Decompiled Script file:
Most likely an issue with unrpyc. You could try downloading the latest unrpyc.py and decompiler directory from and dropping them in the UnRen Tools folder. Or run the latest unrpyc to decode the failing file manually.

Last edited:

Rb.Elliot

May 16, 2018
Most likely an issue with unrpyc. You could try downloading the latest unrpyc.py and decompiler directory from and dropping them in the UnRen Tools folder.

tried that, downloaded v1.1.3 n dropped into game folder. but faced same situations.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
tried that, downloaded v1.1.3 n dropped into game folder. but faced same situations.
in the "game" folder there's a file called "script_version.txt". What is in it? It's the version of the Ren'Py SDK used to make the game.

Reactions: Rb.Elliot
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote