Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

myanonymousaccount

Nov 29, 2017
Have the newer Unren versions disappeared? The only ones that seems to be left are 7.5/8, and the windowed version. Where is the console version of 12/13?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Have the newer Unren versions disappeared? The only ones that seems to be left are 7.5/8, and the windowed version. Where is the console version of 12/13?
I seem to have described everything quite clearly in the change log. Now there is a new numbering based on the engine versions.

OneLuv

Mar 5, 2018
I seem to have described everything quite clearly in the change log. Now there is a new numbering based on the engine versions.
I read the change log, but I am still confused. I do not see any versions beyond v8?
1658134320274.png

Aerial_ace

Aug 25, 2016
Anyone else having issues decompiling ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc which is 7.5 with the 7.5 version? Getting the below error when i try

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\f95\ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc\unrpyc.py", line 53, in <module>
    import decompiler
  File "../decompiler/__init__.py", line 28, in <module>
    from importlib import reload

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Anyone else having issues decompiling ToBeAKing-0.8.1-pc which is 7.5 with the 7.5 version? Getting the below error when i try

Code:
    import decompiler
I calmly decompiled the code of this game. Just exactly on this tested. I'll check again, but I haven't noticed any such problems.

Baddog-11

Jul 6, 2017
Would you mind also updating that big red text just to be safe and clear all misunderstandings?
Attention. UnRen v.0.12 and UnRen (windowed by Gideon)v.2+ works only with RenPy 7.4.7+
UnRen v.0.13 works only with RenPy 8+
UnRen v.0.11 for 7.4-
Windowed version requires python 3, PyQt5 and the skill to run files with the .py extension

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Suggestion: If you select Y to delete the rpa after extraction, check the return status first. E.g. if the extraction failed, don't delete the rpa.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

Code:
    import decompiler
Yes. I inserted the wrong version of un.rpyc into the code. Now everything works as it should, I checked it on this game.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Suggestion: If you select Y to delete the rpa after extraction, check the return status first. E.g. if the extraction failed, don't delete the rpa.
There is already a check. I have already added everything I could find on this issue.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
VepsrP,
I tried Unren v7.5.0 v1 today with Love & Sex: Second Base and I think there is a little issue (there's no error while decompiling, but some of the arguments are missing an asterisk) with reconstruct_arginfo.
extrapos and extrakw are deprecated and I see you've added a check for that, but the ArgumentInfo now has starred_indexes and doublestarred_indexes instead ( )
I changed in the util.py
Code:
def reconstruct_arginfo(arginfo):
    if arginfo is None:
        return ""

rv = ["("]
    sep = First("", ", ")
    for (name, val) in arginfo.arguments:
        rv.append(sep())
        if name is not None:
            rv.append("%s=" % name)
        rv.append(val)
    if hasattr(arginfo, 'extrapos') and arginfo.extrapos:
        rv.append(sep())
        rv.append("*%s" % arginfo.extrapos)
    if hasattr(arginfo, 'extrakw') and arginfo.extrakw:
        rv.append(sep())
        rv.append("**%s" % arginfo.extrakw)
    rv.append(")")

return "".join(rv)
to
Code:
    if arginfo is None:
        return ""

rv = ["("]
    sep = First("", ", ")
    for i, (name, val) in enumerate(arginfo.arguments):
        rv.append(sep())
        if i in arginfo.starred_indexes:
            rv.append("*%s" % val)
        elif i in arginfo.doublestarred_indexes:
            rv.append("**%s" % val)
        elif name is not None:
            rv.append("{}={}".format(name, val))
        else:
            rv.append(val)
        rv.append(sep())
        rv.append(sep())
    rv.append(")")

return "".join(rv)
and now it works fine. (attached you can find my util.py)
Also wouldn't it make sense to add set as parameter to line 111 in unrpyc.rpy like this?
class_factory = magic.FakeClassFactory((frozenset, PyExpr, PyCode, RevertableList, RevertableDict, RevertableSet, Sentinel, set), magic.FakeStrict)
This way the check if there's an unpickling error in magic.rpy should work without uncommenting it.

Thanks for looking into it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: VepsrP and WhyNot

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
How do I find out what version of Renpy was used to create a particular game?
game/script_version.txt
renpy/__init__.py
estrada777's method is not safe, reason: Ren'Py doesn't overwrite this file, so if the dev doesn't delete the old "script_version.txt" before building a new distribution, Ren'Py keeps the old file, even if another (older or newer) version is used. An example is "Corrupted Kingdoms". In the original uncompressed version "script_version.txt" says "(7, 3, 5)" but actually it's built with 7.4.11.

As I don't use giqui's method, I don't know for sure if it's safe but I guess it is.

Another safe method is to start the game and then check "log.txt" in the games root folder (where the .exe is located).

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
estrada777's method is not safe, reason: Ren'Py doesn't overwrite this file, so if the dev doesn't delete the old "script_version.txt" before building a new distribution, Ren'Py keeps the old file, even if another (older or newer) version is used. An example is "Corrupted Kingdoms". In the original uncompressed version "script_version.txt" says "(7, 3, 5)" but actually it's built with 7.4.11.

As I don't use giqui's method, I don't know for sure if it's safe but I guess it is.

Another safe method is to start the game and then check "log.txt" in the games root folder (where the .exe is located).
Huh, I didn't know that the script_version.txt file doesn't get replaced, that's probably a bug.

It definitely gets replaced when I rebuild. I just did an Ecchi Sensi week 1 build and that file now says 7.5.0 instead of the original 7.2.0.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: "CJ" and VepsrP

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
VepsrP,
I tried Unren v7.5.0 v1 today with Love & Sex: Second Base and I think there is a little issue (there's no error while decompiling, but some of the arguments are missing an asterisk) with reconstruct_arginfo.
extrapos and extrakw are deprecated and I see you've added a check for that, but the ArgumentInfo now has starred_indexes and doublestarred_indexes instead ( )
I changed in the util.py
Code:
    if arginfo is None:
        return ""

rv = ["("]
    sep = First("", ", ")
    for (name, val) in arginfo.arguments:
        rv.append(sep())
        if name is not None:
            rv.append("%s=" % name)
        rv.append(val)
        rv.append(sep())
        rv.append(sep())
    rv.append(")")

return "".join(rv)
to
Code:
    if arginfo is None:
        return ""

rv = ["("]
    sep = First("", ", ")
    for i, (name, val) in enumerate(arginfo.arguments):
        rv.append(sep())
        if i in arginfo.starred_indexes:
            rv.append("*%s" % val)
        elif i in arginfo.doublestarred_indexes:
            rv.append("**%s" % val)
        elif name is not None:
            rv.append("{}={}".format(name, val))
        else:
            rv.append(val)
        rv.append(sep())
        rv.append(sep())
    rv.append(")")

return "".join(rv)
and now it works fine. (attached you can find my util.py)
Also wouldn't it make sense to add set as parameter to line 111 in unrpyc.rpy like this?
class_factory = magic.FakeClassFactory((frozenset, PyExpr, PyCode, RevertableList, RevertableDict, RevertableSet, Sentinel, set), magic.FakeStrict)
This way the check if there's an unpickling error in magic.rpy should work without uncommenting it.

Thanks for looking into it. :)
I'll take a look and check today. Then I will update this version of the tool again. In addition, this piece of code is exactly what I spied in the issues of the original decompiler.

Reactions: gnadudu
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes