Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Could be. There's a ~ in the path to the folder. :unsure:
It's just strange. It's only happening with the v8
In 8 engine 3 python, it has its own rules.:BootyTime: I'm trying to update the graphical version of the application and then I ran into various problems. The last of which is the unwillingness to unpack the game To Be The King. At first, it seems to unpack, and then it stops and all the unpacked files are simply reset to zero - it makes them empty. Generally 3 python is fun.:HideThePain:

• Wow
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
In 8 engine 3 python, it has its own rules.:BootyTime: I'm trying to update the graphical version of the application and then I ran into various problems. The last of which is the unwillingness to unpack the game To Be The King. At first, it seems to unpack, and then it stops and all the unpacked files are simply reset to zero - it makes them empty. Generally 3 python is fun.:HideThePain:
Oh boy, what a joy :HideThePain:

Idk if you like coffee, but in case you do, this one is for you. You deserve it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: yoyomistro

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I tried decompiling Dark Magic 0.15.5(Renpy 7.5.0) and a lot of the scripts failed to decompile. All of the event scripts failed and a few other ones.

Also seems to have failed to decompile event_schedule.rpyc fully because I get an if statement expects a non-empty block. The if get_key_value('ask_kimiko_to_go_home')==True: has nothing after it.

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I tried decompiling Dark Magic 0.15.5(Renpy 7.5.0) and a lot of the scripts failed to decompile. All of the event scripts failed and a few other ones.

Also seems to have failed to decompile event_schedule.rpyc fully because I get an if statement expects a non-empty block. The if get_key_value('ask_kimiko_to_go_home')==True: has nothing after it.
I have already posted a corrected version of the tool. This game uses an older version of the engine, which does not have all the changes. Now this moment is being checked. I have just personally decompiled and checked this place, everything is in place.(y)

Reactions: frozenfeet

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
I have already posted a corrected version of the tool. This game uses an older version of the engine, which does not have all the changes. Now this moment is being checked. I have just personally decompiled and checked this place, everything is in place.(y)
Hmm, you changed renpy.revertable back to renpy.python for the RevertableList/Dict/Set classes in 7.5.0 v3, this breaks games like LoSeSB again...

ProjectPharaoh

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2019
im not fluent in computers so can someone tell me how the heck i even use the windowed version(or whatever u call it) and why did UnRen even change from a bat to.... whatever this is?

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
There is already a check. I have already added everything I could find on this issue.
How about you move the question AFTER the unpacking, that way we can see if it errored and then it can ask to delete?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hmm, you changed renpy.revertable back to renpy.python for the RevertableList/Dict/Set classes in 7.5.0 v3, this breaks games like LoSeSB again...
Interestingly, in Dark Magic, this did not give out errors. :unsure: How difficult it is to keep track of so many different tools.o_O I'll return it in the evening and see if it decompiles if I change these modules:unsure:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
im not fluent in computers so can someone tell me how the heck i even use the windowed version(or whatever u call it) and why did UnRen even change from a bat to.... whatever this is?
It's just a window modification written in python. It requires python version 3.9 and some additional modules to run. Everything is written in the Attention section. I wrote this primarily for myself and those who contain many games in one folder. In this way, there is no need to throw the tool into each folder with the game every time. Plus, there you can determine for yourself which commands you need to execute, any combinations are available.

ProjectPharaoh

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2019
It's just a window modification written in python. It requires python version 3.9 and some additional modules to run. Everything is written in the Attention section. I wrote this primarily for myself and those who contain many games in one folder. In this way, there is no need to throw the tool into each folder with the game every time. Plus, there you can determine for yourself which commands you need to execute, any combinations are available.
I still know next to nothin about how to use it. I have never used python before in my life

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I still know next to nothin about how to use it. I have never used python before in my life
Then it's either not necessary for you, or it's worth taking an accelerated python course. At least basic things like running scripts. Here it will be enough and more clearly to find a video on YouTube.:)

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
That worked perfectly, thanks for all your hard work. :D

I had a weird occurrence with the latest version of "Oopsy Daisy-v.0.9.0" . I looked at the script_version text and it said 8.1.0 which I thought was odd since the latest Renpy 8 is 8.0.1 but anyways I use the Unren v8 but I get an error so then I try the Unren v7.5 and that works it unpacks and decompiles the scripts.

And this is where the really weird part comes in, I run the game then look at the log and in the log it says it is actually Renpy 7.4.11. This isn't a problem with Unren right it has to be something that the dev messed up on his end, correct?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
That worked perfectly, thanks for all your hard work. :D

I had a weird occurrence with the latest version of "Oopsy Daisy-v.0.9.0" . I looked at the script_version text and it said 8.1.0 which I thought was odd since the latest Renpy 8 is 8.0.1 but anyways I use the Unren v8 but I get an error so then I try the Unren v7.5 and that works it unpacks and decompiles the scripts.

And this is where the really weird part comes in, I run the game then look at the log and in the log it says it is actually Renpy 7.4.11. This isn't a problem with Unren right it has to be something that the dev messed up on his end, correct?
Yes, if the current version of RenPy is 7.4.11, that it is built on 2 python, which the Tools of version 7 are looking for. Version 8 is already looking for 3 python, which is not in the RenPy 7+ version.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Finally I was able to overcome the problem with unpacking. It turned out to be quite an adventure for a few days. I am ready to present the 3rd version of UnRen with a graphic design. There is still no sorting by date, but it can already unpack and decompile games on 7.5+ and 8.0+ engines.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Sorting now works(UnRen (windowed by Gideon)v.3.5.0), the sorting rules under the spoiler - Change Log.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Finally I was able to overcome the problem with unpacking. It turned out to be quite an adventure for a few days. I am ready to present the 3rd version of UnRen with a graphic design. There is still no sorting by date, but it can already unpack and decompile games on 7.5+ and 8.0+ engines.
Sorting now works(UnRen (windowed by Gideon)v.3.5.0), the sorting rules under the spoiler - Change Log.
Sorry that things have been such a pain in the ass, VepsrP. FYI, I just downloaded the first release of The Neverwhere Tales and tried to use UnRen-v.8.0.0(v3).bat but couldn't get it to unpack the archive files. I have it in the main folder of the game (so not the \game subfolder) but keep getting the message that "No module named 'Encodings'" could be found. To be sure I had the latest UnRen version, I downloaded it fresh from the OP again, but it's the same result.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Sorry that things have been such a pain in the ass, VepsrP. FYI, I just downloaded the first release of The Neverwhere Tales and tried to use UnRen-v.8.0.0(v3).bat but couldn't get it to unpack the archive files. I have it in the main folder of the game (so not the \game subfolder) but keep getting the message that "No module named 'Encodings'" could be found. To be sure I had the latest UnRen version, I downloaded it fresh from the OP again, but it's the same result.
Okay, I'll check it out after work.

• Red Heart

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I just checked out the game. The regular version and the compressed one. No problems when unpacking and decompiling. I even downloaded the tool from here just in case. The problem is clearly on your side. Are there no left special characters on the way to the game? and I also recommend unpacking the game from the Zip archive again, just in case.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I just checked out the game. The regular version and the compressed one. No problems when unpacking and decompiling. I even downloaded the tool from here just in case. The problem is clearly on your side. Are there no left special characters on the way to the game? and I also recommend unpacking the game from the Zip archive again, just in case.
Right, I seem to forget about that. Next time I'll try to remove the em dash from the folder name. So this special character limitation is something introduced with the newer Python / Ren'Py then? Because the old UnRen Sam had created used to always unpack without any issues when I had em dash in a folder name.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Right, I seem to forget about that. Next time I'll try to remove the em dash from the folder name. So this special character limitation is something introduced with the newer Python / Ren'Py then? Because the old UnRen Sam had created used to always unpack without any issues when I had em dash in a folder name.
Perhaps. 3 python probably somehow escapes or otherwise processes this symbol, which leads to a change the path to the file that the script accesses.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes