Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
how do I find out what version of renpy it is then the game uses then?:S
Go to the \game folder and open a text file called script_version.txt which will tell you the version of Ren'Py being used by the game. The version of UnRen you want to use is as close to the version shown in that text file as you can get without being higher than it. So, for instance, if the game used version 7.4.11, you should not use UnRen-v7.5.0(v3).zip because it's too high; you'd use UnRen-v7.4.7(v2).zip instead.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Go to the \game folder and open a text file called script_version.txt which will tell you the version of Ren'Py being used by the game. The version of UnRen you want to use is as close to the version shown in that text file as you can get without being higher than it. So, for instance, if the game used version 7.4.11, you should not use UnRen-v7.5.0(v3).zip because it's too high; you'd use UnRen-v7.4.7(v2).zip instead.
(7, 3, 5) so is UnRen-v.7.4 or UnRen-v.7.5 the one I should go for?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Released a new version of the tool. Now it is again one tool for all games and engines, except for games created on engines 7.4.6 and earlier, for which there is an old version.
VepsrP, you're awesome. Thanks so much for running this all down.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Seems FallenEros broke indecent wife hana in the next update
https://f95zone.to/threads/indecent-wife-hana-v0-10-2-public-fallen-eros.106980/

Unren 8 isnt working anymore, works on 10 but not 11 (11 isnt public yet, cracked copy below)

they have a habit of uh, specifically trying to break tools working with their game, for DRM reasons
He changed RPYC3_HEADER to RPYC4_HEADER in renpy/script.py.
You can change RPYC4_HEADER = b"RS RENPY VER1" to RPYC2_HEADER = b"RS RENPY VER1" before the decompilation and change it back afterwards...

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
You can change RPYC4_HEADER = b"RS RENPY VER1" to RPYC2_HEADER = b"RS RENPY VER1" before the decompilation and change it back afterwards...
i uh, i know some of those words XD
i got it to work tho, thankies

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Now we need to think about how to get around all these points of replacing the variable name. Not a moment's rest from these overprotective developers :HideThePain:

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Now we need to think about how to get around all these points of replacing the variable name. Not a moment's rest from these overprotective developers :HideThePain:
Hmm, you could check for all the common picture, video and audio headers and try to extract all other files with unknown header instead... :Kappa:
Tbh don't know if there's any good solution as long as the dev works actively against modders.

Oh, btw. I heard Big City Pleasures gets an update soon. The game comes with a custom rpa format (PEA files) which does more than changing the header/extension. (compression was changed from zlib to bz2 and some offsets are different)
I made a custom rpatool version back then, which can be found here to unpack those, just FYI if some reports come up once the game is updated... ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: yoyomistro

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hmm, you could check for all the common picture, video and audio headers and try to extract all other files with unknown header instead... :Kappa:
Tbh don't know if there's any good solution as long as the dev works actively against modders.

Oh, btw. I heard Big City Pleasures gets an update soon. The game comes with a custom rpa format (PEA files) which does more than changing the header/extension. (compression was changed from zlib to bz2 and some offsets are different)
I made a custom rpatool version back then, which can be found here to unpack those, just FYI if some reports come up once the game is updated... ^^
I'll first see for myself what's so interesting there, if I can't, then I'll look in the answer book.:BootyTime:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

I sort of coped with the custom headers of compiled scripts and the new archive format. But in the game "Wife Hana" there was an additional pitfall, an additional folder with python modules. Now they lie not only along the path "lib\pythonlib2.7" but also "lib\windows-i686\Lib", only I haven't decided how to connect the second one yet. The engine itself calmly sees the files lying on the second path, but when I run python from the game myself, it complains about the error of implementing the "site" module.:unsure:

Last edited:

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
I sort of coped with the custom headers of compiled scripts and the new archive format. But in the game "Khan's Wife" there was an additional pitfall, an additional folder with python modules. Now they lie not only along the path "lib\pythonlib2.7" but also "lib\windows-i686\Lib", only I haven't decided how to connect the second one yet. The engine itself calmly sees the files lying on the second path, but when I run python from the game myself, it complains about the error of implementing the "site" module.:unsure:
Hmm, do you have a link to the game?

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018

I forgot to edit the name of the game when I was translating :KEK:
Hmm, there's no "lib\pythonlib2.7" nor a "lib\windows-i686\Lib" directory in IWH... (but maybe I can't follow you what the actual problem is... ^^)

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hmm, there's no "lib\pythonlib2.7" nor a "lib\windows-i686\Lib" directory in IWH... (but maybe I can't follow you what the actual problem is... ^^)
I messed up everything I could.:HideThePain: BigCitysPleasures game with new modified archives. That's where the problem is.

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
Hi there,
Have been using UnRen-0.91.bat without any problems.
Tried to run UnRen-v.7.5.0.bat for Bitdefender to say this was a very unsafe operation and for it shut down a number of programs and put them in quarantine including the .bat file.
Has anyone had this issue before?
Thanks.

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
Hi there again.
Was trying 7.5.0 as 0.91 had caused the following.

The label DarkEnding is defined twice, at File "game/Final.rpy", line 720:
label DarkEnding:
and File "game/Ver0,15.rpy", line 3063:
label DarkEnding

If unren-console.rpy and the .rpyc file are removed from the folder the error does not happen.
Comments Please.
Thanks.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes