• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Reactions: Stil996

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
The UnRen version corresponds to the minimum version of the RenPy engine in which it will work.
I thought that was the other way around, so there is no backwards compatibilty? I assumed that the most recent should work with all (or most) versions preceding it.
So 0.91 version posted in https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/ should or shouldn't work? that was the version I had already before I went searching for more up to date versions.

I guess I need to spend more time reading the details, Thanks.

Vermillion95

Nov 30, 2020
I thought that was the other way around, so there is no backwards compatibilty? I assumed that the most recent should work with all (or most) versions preceding it.
So 0.91 version posted in https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/ should or shouldn't work? that was the version I had already before I went searching for more up to date versions.

Renpy 8 is not the next version of 7. Both are two different branches

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017

The 0.91 version is depreciated. There are 3 different versions in this thread for three different RenPY versions, as listed in the updated thread title. You need the version that matches the version of RenPY that the game was created, found usually in the script_version.txt file in the */game folder.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

No, there is no backwards compatibility. Of course VepsrP can give more specifics, but basically the changes from Ren'Py versions were extreme enough that you can't really use newer versions on older ones. So once you look up a Ren'Py version of a game, look for the UnRen version that is closest to it but before that version. Version 7.5.1 requires version 7.5.0 because that's the UnRen version closest to it but also earlier than the Ren'Py version of the game.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

Versions 7.5 and 8.0 have changes in the compilation of the code, which required a fairly radical change in the decompiler. And version 8.0 also uses a new version of Python, which also required radical changes both in the decompiler and in itself .bat file.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
My main fan is back. Welcome back, yoyomistro:)
Hey, been a bit busy lately but you know I always appreciate your work, keep it up man! Actually, while I'm here there's a new game that's been throwing some errors that seem to be related to the libraries in the game not being compatible with UnRen or something... I'll just paste the read out.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think somehow the dev put something in the game that changes the pathing when UnRen tries to decompile it so it can't find necessary files... My bootleg of the program I use to open large .rpas expired and I can't be bothered to find a new copy lol. "The writer\xb4s visit\ " is not actually part of the filepath.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hey, been a bit busy lately but you know I always appreciate your work, keep it up man! Actually, while I'm here there's a new game that's been throwing some errors that seem to be related to the libraries in the game not being compatible with UnRen or something... I'll just paste the read out.

I think somehow the dev put something in the game that changes the pathing when UnRen tries to decompile it so it can't find necessary files... My bootleg of the program I use to open large .rpas expired and I can't be bothered to find a new copy lol. "The writer\xb4s visit\ " is not actually part of the filepath.
What kind of game is TWV? Full Name please

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

I just calmly unpacked and decompiled all the files. However, I had version 1.0, not 0.4, since only such is available. I can't say where the problems come from in the old version of the game.

Reactions: yoyomistro

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I just calmly unpacked and decompiled all the files. However, I had version 1.0, not 0.4, since only such is available. I can't say where the problems come from in the old version of the game.
Oh shit I thought I had the most recent version. Silly me, thanks.

Shadowkeeper

May 22, 2019
Reactions: Yeronimo_22

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Which unren is the latest version... I plan on playing s1 lust academy not sure what version to use X)

Last edited:

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
meant unren* but well why not? I don't wanna do mini-games for money and stats and house points :p i am lazy sue me or help me or ignore me? :p
Either way, you don't use the "latest" you use the one that is closet to matching the renpy of the game. Read the OP in this thread.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Which renpy is the latest version... I plan on playing s1 lust academy not sure what version to use X)
This question only makes sense if you create the game yourself. In other cases, this question does not make sense. Because the version was chosen by the game developer and it will not be so easy to change it.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes