Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
You need to run it with python command in powershell, then the program will pop up like this:
View attachment 2001365

Yes, you can use that too and it is simpler but not all new ren'py games will work it. Ren'py game using python 3.9 will give you an error saying python.exe is not found. Thus the program one is more advantageous.
In which case will not all new games work? :unsure: .bat searches for all versions of python in the game folder, and the windowed version is generally disconnected from python in the game engine.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Which version do we download that works similar to the original unren by Sam?

Is this: UnRen_windowed_by_Gideonv.3.6.0.zip - the latest version?

EDIT: those are just py files, does this app work as a BAT file, like the original unren?

EDIT: To anyone who finds this post, download UnRen-ultrahackv4, it works like the unren by sam, but it's updated. Good job to the OP. Thanks!
The windowed version of the tool is only for those who have experience with python, have a whole bunch of games in one folder and want more centralized processing.:)

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Edit: I figured its because I haven't installed future and now the error doesn't appear but there's a new error instead with no further explanation whatsoever while trying to unpack rpa file
Code:
PS D:\Games\Port me To Android\tools\Unren windowed gideon 3.5.0> python UnRen.py
D:/Games/Port me To Android/Orveia-0.5.1-win/game
Unhandled Python exception
PS D:\Games\Port me To Android\tools\Unren windowed gideon 3.5.0>
By the way, what's the problem with the "future"? isn't this the standard Python library? :unsure:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
By the way, what's the problem with the "future"? isn't this the standard Python library? :unsure:
I've tried the newest version(v4) with a couple titles and have gotten issues with indentation of else statements. I tried v3 with them and it was fine. Just a heads up I do edit the base64 for skipping to default it to not skip unseen but that's never caused an issue for me before, so I doubt that's it.

EDIT: Also what do you type to overwrite? I'm typing 2 --clobber and that doesn't work.

Last edited:

ZelvanInRow

Sep 19, 2019
In which case will not all new games work? :unsure: .bat searches for all versions of python in the game folder, and the windowed version is generally disconnected from python in the game engine.
Tried with Orveia yesterday and it doesn't work.

I don't know, the error just say that I dont have future module thus I installed it first with pip

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Tried with Orveia yesterday and it doesn't work.
Orveia just crashes because there is a strange Exception. Otherwise, it calmly processes everything. Both unpacking and decompilation occur normally.
I don't know, the error just say that I dont have future module thus I installed it first with pip
It's strange, but I kind of ruled out using this module, because it's missing in Python 3.10 and I had to deal with it. I'll take another look when I get home. :unsure:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I've tried the newest version(v4) with a couple titles and have gotten issues with indentation of else statements. I tried v3 with them and it was fine. Just a heads up I do edit the base64 for skipping to default it to not skip unseen but that's never caused an issue for me before, so I doubt that's it.

EDIT: Also what do you type to overwrite? I'm typing 2 --clobber and that doesn't work.
I'm typing "-c"

Reactions: yoyomistro

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
VepsrP, hello. the unrenulatrahackv4 can't unpack or decompile this game correctly https://f95zone.to/threads/parasite-black-v0-140-damned-studios.92995/ (Parasite Black)
And if it unpacks, then a table with errors appears
At first, the game is quietly unpacked without any errors. At least I didn't see any. But as for decompilation, then yes, there are problems. I fixed most of them (the same type of problem with the "IF" block once again), but as for the remaining minority, it's more complicated here. I haven't found a way to handle custom styling elements yet, given their unique signature.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I am getting the 'Cannot locate python directory...' while using the V4 version of Ultrahack in some games that use 2.7 of python. V3 of Ultrahack works just fine in the same directory of the same games. I've compared the code, but my limited knowledge of Ren'Py can't figure out why the hell V4 doesn't work when V3 does.

The last game I had the problem with was Off the Pitch.

Reactions: VepsrP

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I am getting the 'Cannot locate python directory...' while using the V4 version of Ultrahack in some games that use 2.7 of python. V3 of Ultrahack works just fine in the same directory of the same games. I've compared the code, but my limited knowledge of Ren'Py can't figure out why the hell V4 doesn't work when V3 does.

The last game I had the problem with was Off the Pitch.
The problem appeared after the desire to add the ability to run 64-bit applications, if there is such a possibility. Unfortunately, I didn't track it properly. There are very few games in which there is only a 32-bit python. Everything is working fine now. Even unpacking with decompilation. In new version.

Reactions: Walter Victor

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
next update also breaks unren, if you guys can see the issue from the screenshot
there's also a example rpyc file

tried the previously mentioned changing the header number from last update, but that no longer seems to work
or past me is smarter then current me

using ultrahack and v8.0.0

not currently willing to upload the game itself
let me know if you guys can get it working with unren
rar file fixes crack if you need to run the game

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlrnt

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The problem appeared after the desire to add the ability to run 64-bit applications, if there is such a possibility. Unfortunately, I didn't track it properly. There are very few games in which there is only a 32-bit python. Everything is working fine now. Even unpacking with decompilation. In new version.
Yep, works fine. Thanks a lot! (y)

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Hey VepsrP,
had some issues with Ultrahack v5 and IWH v12.
It says "Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue."
The game has a py3-linux-x86_64 (which includes the python.exe) and a windows-x86_64 (which doesn't include the python.exe) folder in the lib folder. Because the check for windows-x86_64 is last it tries to find the python.exe in there instead of the first directory...
Link in case you need it:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hey VepsrP,
had some issues with Ultrahack v5 and IWH v12.
It says "Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue."
The game has a py3-linux-x86_64 (which includes the python.exe) and a windows-x86_64 (which doesn't include the python.exe) folder in the lib folder. Because the check for windows-x86_64 is last it tries to find the python.exe in there instead of the first directory...
Link in case you need it:
The game has a folder "py3-windows-x86_64".There is python.exe . In theory, this folder should have been used.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
let me know if you guys can get it working with unren
rar file fixes crack if you need to run the game

I don't see any point in integrating this program into UnRen. After all, it is needed only for one program, and also does not fit into the UnRen concept.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes