Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
The game has a folder "py3-windows-x86_64".There is python.exe . In theory, this folder should have been used.
1661507878421.png
The 1st check runs and if it's true, the pythondir variable gets set to lib\py3-linux-x86_64, then the second check runs and overwrites pythondir with lib\windows-x86_64, because it's also true...
I added echo There's is no python.exe in %pythondir% to the if not exist "%pythondir%python.exe" block and I did get this output:
1661508182127.png

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
View attachment 2005858
The 1st check runs and if it's true, the pythondir variable gets set to lib\py3-linux-x86_64, then the second check runs and overwrites pythondir with lib\windows-x86_64, because it's also true...
I added echo There's is no python.exe in %pythondir% to the if not exist "%pythondir%python.exe" block and I did get this output:
View attachment 2005865
Try this version. Everything works for me.
Edit: By the way, if you have time, take a look at "Parasite Black". I've added new custom styles, but a few things still don't decompile correctly. And there is nothing to compare it with to understand how it should initially be. Maybe you'll come up with an idea.

Last edited:

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
I'm getting this error when I'm trying to extract this one https://f95zone.to/threads/weekend-lollygagging-v0-9-5-pigeon-pleasure.83451/

Code:
  Creating rpatool...

Remove RPA archives after extraction?
    Enter (y/n):n
  + RPA archives won't be deleted

Searching for RPA packages
   + Unpacking "archive.rpa" - 2268029668 bytes
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Python path configuration:
  PYTHONHOME = (not set)
  PYTHONPATH = (not set)
  isolated = 0
  environment = 1
  user site = 1
  import site = 1
  sys.base_prefix = '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64'
  sys.base_exec_prefix = '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64'
  sys.platlibdir = 'lib'
  sys.prefix = '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64'
  sys.exec_prefix = '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64'
  sys.path = [
    '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64\\lib\\python39.zip',
    '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64\\lib\\python3.9',
    '',
  ]
Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding
Python runtime state: core initialized
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'

Current thread 0x00004e90 (most recent call first):
<no Python frame>

Not sure why it doesn't work on games with >8.x.x :(

Beer_n_cider

Dec 23, 2020
Hey VepsrP. Just wanted to make 3 suggestions for quality of life changes to the windowed version.
Add a ".lower()" to the sort by directory name so it mimics the default behaviour in Windows.

93: self._directories.sort(key = lambda x : x[0].lower())
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

An option for it to remember if you are sorting by name or date. I've changed the radio button that is checked on start up and added an extra call to sort_directories() before fillWidget() [line 89] to make it do what I want, but having it remember would be nice.

Exiting using "Program->Quit" doesn't save your current config. You have 2 exit paths and 112: def quit(self) doesn't call updateConfig() before exiting.

What you have built pretty much matches my storage layout (1 folder with everything extracted in there) so this suits me

Reactions: yoyomistro

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hey VepsrP. Just wanted to make 3 suggestions for quality of life changes to the windowed version.
Add a ".lower()" to the sort by directory name so it mimics the default behaviour in Windows.

93: self._directories.sort(key = lambda x : x[0].lower())
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

An option for it to remember if you are sorting by name or date. I've changed the radio button that is checked on start up and added an extra call to sort_directories() before fillWidget() [line 89] to make it do what I want, but having it remember would be nice.

Exiting using "Program->Quit" doesn't save your current config. You have 2 exit paths and 112: def quit(self) doesn't call updateConfig() before exiting.

What you have built pretty much matches my storage layout (1 folder with everything extracted in there) so this suits me
Thank you for these errors and shortcomings. Indeed, the lack of sorting after reading the configuration and saving the configuration after closing via a button in the menu are critical errors. But as for the modification of sorting - I have all the names of the games started with a capital letter, so I somehow did not notice this problem. Also finally made saving the sorting type. Now everything is fixed. You can continue to enjoy the use.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I'm getting this error when I'm trying to extract this one https://f95zone.to/threads/weekend-lollygagging-v0-9-5-pigeon-pleasure.83451/

Code:
  Creating rpatool...

Remove RPA archives after extraction?
    Enter (y/n):n
  + RPA archives won't be deleted

Searching for RPA packages
   + Unpacking "archive.rpa" - 2268029668 bytes
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Python path configuration:
  PYTHONHOME = (not set)
  PYTHONPATH = (not set)
  isolated = 0
  environment = 1
  user site = 1
  import site = 1
  sys.base_prefix = '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64'
  sys.base_exec_prefix = '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64'
  sys.platlibdir = 'lib'
  sys.prefix = '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64'
  sys.exec_prefix = '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64'
  sys.path = [
    '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64\\lib\\python39.zip',
    '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64\\lib\\python3.9',
    '',
  ]
Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding
Python runtime state: core initialized
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'

Current thread 0x00004e90 (most recent call first):
<no Python frame>

Not sure why it doesn't work on games with >8.x.x :(
The 8th version of the game engine uses python 3 versions. And it doesn't want to work for you normally. I can't say the specific reasons. Maybe the operating system is old for this. Or there is no access rights to the folder. And maybe something else.

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
The 8th version of the game engine uses python 3 versions. And it doesn't want to work for you normally. I can't say the specific reasons. Maybe the operating system is old for this. Or there is no access rights to the folder. And maybe something else.
I'm using W10 x64, so I doubt it's the OS. But thanks, I'll see what I can do.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I'm using W10 x64, so I doubt it's the OS. But thanks, I'll see what I can do.
I have exactly the same system, so if it works for me, then technically it should work for you. But the facts unfortunately do not care about this. :HideThePain:

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
A new variation of the script. Now everything works on PowerShell. Except for one line. So far, this is also just a variation of the tool, but if it works and most people like it, I would like to leave this option as the main one.
I like the powershell version so I am going to start using that version of UnRen. Can the powershell version work with Renpy version back to 7.3.5 or is it only for the 7.4.x and above?

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
So I spent 10 minutes fixing your batch directory check. I think you must have used a mismash of code because it doesn't even make sense currentdir sets it as the game directory but then it looks for the library files from the games parent directory. I am not sure how it was ever working for anyone.

I also included the batch with the changes as an attachment. currentdir should really be named parentdir but I left it alone. Anyways hope it helps someone

Here is the revised code:
Code:
REM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM Set our paths, and make sure we can find python exe
REM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR %%A IN ("%~dp0.") DO SET currentdir=%%~dpA
if exist "%currentdir%lib\py3-windows-x86_64\python.exe" (
    if not "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%" == "x86" (
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\py3-windows-x86_64\"
    )
) else if exist "%currentdir%lib\py3-windows-i686\python.exe" (
    set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\py3-windows-i686\"
)
if exist "%currentdir%lib\py2-windows-x86_64\python.exe" (
    if not "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%"=="x86" (
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\py2-windows-x86_64\"
    )
) else if exist "%currentdir%lib\py2-windows-i686\python.exe" (
    set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\py2-windows-i686\"
)
if exist "%currentdir%lib\windows-x86_64\python.exe" (
    if not "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%"=="x86" (
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\windows-x86_64\"
    )
) else if exist "%currentdir%lib\windows-i686\python.exe" (
    set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\windows-i686\"
)
if not exist "%pythondir%" (
    echo    ! Error: Cannot locate python directory, unable to continue.
    echo             Are you sure we're in the game's root directory?
    echo.
    pause>nul|set/p=.            Press any key to exit...
    exit
)

if exist "game" if exist "renpy" (
    set "renpydir=%currentdir%renpy\"
    set "gamedir=%currentdir%game\"
) else (
    echo    ! Error: Cannot locate game directory, unable to continue.
    echo.
    exit
)
if not exist "%pythondir%python.exe" (
    echo    ! Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
    echo.
    exit
)

Last edited:
Reactions: yuk69 and odin482

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
So I spent 10 minutes fixing your batch directory check. I think you must have used a mismash of code because it doesn't even make sense currentdir sets it as the game directory but then it looks for the library files from the games parent directory. I am not sure how it was ever working for anyone.

I also included the batch with the changes as an attachment. currentdir should really be named parentdir but I left it alone. Anyways hope it helps someone

Here is the revised code:
If the script is in the directory with the executable file, everything works perfectly. I specifically excluded the possibility of launching from the "game" directory, as I believe that this is not the place for a script.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I like the powershell version so I am going to start using that version of UnRen. Can the powershell version work with Renpy version back to 7.3.5 or is it only for the 7.4.x and above?
This version, as well as the command-line version, should work on any engine starting from version 7.0.0. I changed only the original tool itself, and the unpacker and decompiler inside are identical.

Reactions: frozenfeet

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
If the script is in the directory with the executable file, everything works perfectly. I specifically excluded the possibility of launching from the "game" directory, as I believe that this is not the place for a script.
Ah duh that makes perfect sense looking at the batch. I never considered you intended it to be run from the main directory. Previous iterations asked for it to be run from the game directory.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Ah duh that makes perfect sense looking at the batch. I never considered you intended it to be run from the main directory. Previous iterations asked for it to be run from the game directory.
Previously, the script could generally be run both there and there, but I refused to run from the internal folder, since this is not the right place in my opinion. Now, with the possibility of deleting archives after unpacking into the "game" folder, there is no point in climbing at all if there is no desire to work with the code.

Alan Ford

Apr 23, 2017
UnRen-Ultrahack(v6) is not working if you have space in the path.

Cannot locate python directory, unable to continue.
Are you sure we're in the game's root directory?

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes