Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
UnRen-Ultrahack(v6) is not working if you have space in the path.

Cannot locate python directory, unable to continue.
Are you sure we're in the game's root directory?
1661865554633.png
it seems to be working. As you can see, there is a space in the path.:unsure:

Reactions: yoyomistro

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Previously, the script could generally be run both there and there, but I refused to run from the internal folder, since this is not the right place in my opinion. Now, with the possibility of deleting archives after unpacking into the "game" folder, there is no point in climbing at all if there is no desire to work with the code.
Reading the script I should have figured it out anyways. I'm going to leave mine as is just because previous versions of the script (maybe written by others) require it to be run from the game folder.

For me it's just easier if everything is the same even if it doesn't make as much sense as running it from the parent directory. I don't really like the idea of having to remember to run certain version of the script one place and other versions from another

calel

Aug 19, 2021
https://f95zone.to/threads/ripples-ep-1-remaster-beta-jestur.56110/
Compressed I cant extract rpa files
UnRen-Ultrahack(v6) and UnRen-v.8.0.0.v3 not working

PLEASE HELP

Searching for RPA packages
+ Unpacking "audio.rpa" - 116525813 bytes
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Python path configuration:
PYTHONHOME = (not set)
PYTHONPATH = (not set)
program name = 'E:\\xdaj mappa\Ripples-0.4.5-pc\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\python.exe'
isolated = 0
environment = 1
user site = 1
import site = 1
sys._base_executable = 'E:\\\xdaj mappa\\Ripples-0.4.5-pc\\lib\\py3-windows-x86_64\\python.exe'
sys.base_prefix = '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64'
sys.base_exec_prefix = '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64'
sys.platlibdir = 'lib'
sys.executable = 'E:\\\xdaj mappa\\Ripples-0.4.5-pc\\lib\\py3-windows-x86_64\\python.exe'
sys.prefix = '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64'
sys.exec_prefix = '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64'
sys.path = [
'\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64\\lib\\python39.zip',
'\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64\\lib\\python3.9',
'',
]
Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding
Python runtime state: core initialized
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'

Current thread 0x0000052c (most recent call first):
<no Python frame>
+ Unpacking "images.rpa" - 1469546716 bytes
PYTHONHOME = (not set)
PYTHONPATH = (not set)
program name = 'E:\\xdaj mappa\Ripples-0.4.5-pc\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\python.exe'
isolated = 0
environment = 1
user site = 1
import site = 1
sys._base_executable = 'E:\\\xdaj mappa\\Ripples-0.4.5-pc\\lib\\py3-windows-x86_64\\python.exe'
sys.base_exec_prefix = '\\home\\tom\\ab\\renpy-build\\tmp\\install.windows-x86_64'
sys.platlibdir = 'lib'
sys.executable = 'E:\\\xdaj mappa\\Ripples-0.4.5-pc\\lib\\py3-windows-x86_64\\python.exe'
sys.path = [
'',
]
Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding

Current thread 0x00000fc8 (most recent call first):
<no Python frame>
+ Unpacking "scripts.rpa" - 7743207 bytes
PYTHONHOME = (not set)
PYTHONPATH = (not set)
isolated = 0
environment = 1
user site = 1
import site = 1
sys.platlibdir = 'lib'
sys.path = [
'',
]

Current thread 0x00001f84 (most recent call first):
<no Python frame>

Cleaning up temporary files...

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I just found something very fucked up with decompiling this game:
https://f95zone.to/threads/simple-days-v0-15-1-mega-lono.61893/

Save file without decompiling the .rpyc files.

View attachment 2019011

Exact same save file after decompiling the game using the ultraV6 file!

View attachment 2019009
Hmmm... that may have happened to me with Long Live the Princess and Our Only Man, a bunch of options that should have been variable locked were just available... looks like some if conditionals for menu items aren't being properly extracted... Thanks for the comparison. I thought it was strange that a bunch of different devs were making the same mistake, didn't even stop to think that it might have been the unpacking process cuz I almost never even open games before unpacking them.

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Does anyone know how to extract the images from this game?

https://f95zone.to/threads/project-atmosphere-v0-4-p1-dr-mad.49245/page-79

I tried with Unren and Unren v-0.11 both shows "cannot locate Python...". Then I tried rpaExtract.exe, but I think they only work if there's a images.rpa file which the game above doesn't.

I know that are other games out there that I encounter the same problem, but I can only remember this one now, my guess they are probably using the same kind of encryption, so if I learned how to deal with this the others will probably be the same (i hope).

May 13, 2020

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Hmmm... that may have happened to me with Long Live the Princess and Our Only Man, a bunch of options that should have been variable locked were just available... looks like some if conditionals for menu items aren't being properly extracted... Thanks for the comparison. I thought it was strange that a bunch of different devs were making the same mistake, didn't even stop to think that it might have been the unpacking process cuz I almost never even open games before unpacking them.
In my mind that basically means we can't use the current iteration of the tool to decompile because it is fundamentally altering the code.

Reactions: inshaderwetrust

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
hi I did everything with ultrahack v6
and it all works
No, it actually doesn't. The scene right before using the vibrator on Petal. Suzi will tell you that you have a new message from Petal go ahead and check it and Renpy crashes and gives an error log.

What made me think of the decompiling in the first place is how could a dev fuck up his code so bad and not even know it or no one else mention it happening to them and the phone is an integral part of his game there is no way it would be left to error on opening any message and the dev not know.

Because after decompiling it will happen to any message you open. I checked saves from the beginning of the game and it happened. And like I said as soon as I deleted the decompiled scripts the phone worked fine.

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

View attachment 2019011

View attachment 2019009

Game says it used 7.5.2 SDK. I'm attaching the save file if anybody wants to look at it.

I tried with Unren and Unren v-0.11 both shows "cannot locate Python...". Then I tried rpaExtract.exe, but I think they only work if there's a images.rpa file which the game above doesn't.

I know that are other games out there that I encounter the same problem, but I can only remember this one now, my guess they are probably using the same kind of encryption, so if I learned how to deal with this the others will probably be the same (i hope).
I am having a problem with decompiling this game: https://f95zone.to/threads/a-moment-of-bliss-v2-1-1-lockheart.113727/
It is using Renpy 7.5.2. I used the powershell ultrahack to decompile.

After decompiling I get Renpy errors about the phone and can not look at the messages in the phone. But then I deleted the decompiled phone scripts and the phone worked perfectly fine after that.
I'll see what the problem is and what can be done later today. When I get back from work and I'm free.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Please VepsrP help
https://f95zone.to/threads/ripples-ep-1-remaster-beta-jestur.56110/
Compressed I cant extract rpa files
UnRen-Ultrahack(v6) and UnRen-v.8.0.0.v3 not working

PLEASE HELP
Yes. I'm sorry, I forgot to write to you. Unfortunately, I can't help you with this problem. This is some kind of problem with running 3 pythons on your machine. You're not the first person to come to me with this. However, while I was writing now, I came up with one idea, but the chances are almost zero. Later I will send a version for the test.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

Have you tried the latest versions of this topic?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I'm getting this error when I'm trying to extract this one https://f95zone.to/threads/weekend-lollygagging-v0-9-5-pigeon-pleasure.83451/

Code:
  Creating rpatool...

Remove RPA archives after extraction?
    Enter (y/n):n
  + RPA archives won't be deleted

Searching for RPA packages
   + Unpacking "archive.rpa" - 2268029668 bytes
  PYTHONHOME = (not set)
  PYTHONPATH = (not set)
  isolated = 0
  environment = 1
  user site = 1
  import site = 1
  sys.platlibdir = 'lib'
  sys.path = [
    '',
  ]

Current thread 0x00004e90 (most recent call first):
<no Python frame>

Not sure why it doesn't work on games with >8.x.x :(
Look above, I threw a file for calel. Try it too. I've probably found the root of the problem.

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Look above, I threw a file for calel. Try it too. I've probably found the root of the problem.
It worked now.
But it gave the same error when I tried on another HDD. I think it's because of special characters in the path. More specifically, the ~.
I tried on a third HDD and it also worked fine.

Thanks.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

View attachment 2019011

View attachment 2019009

Game says it used 7.5.2 SDK. I'm attaching the save file if anybody wants to look at it.
I have sorted out this problem. The update will be later when I solve another one. Or when I realize that I won't decide. :HideThePain:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: estrada777

Deleted member 4812744

Apr 8, 2022
first of all thank you for your great work VepsrP

it's just an idea if you want to implement it in a future update
There are people who only want to extract a specific .RPA file... for example scripts.rpa (to translate) or images.rpa to (compress) etc etc
the idea is to be able to choose the .rpa that we want to extract from a list of existing .rpa

I'm not an expert but I use something like this

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes