Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
Great work Vesper! These devs keep trying new tricks but your staying one step ahead!

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
So I modified the script and added an option for autorun using environment variables. This should allow you to setup the script to run automatically however you wish.

This was mainly created for my own use because how tedious it is selecting the same options. Just remember to log off and back on so the script settings are refreshed.

Edit: Also includes the abilty to extract specific rpas

Last edited:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
As a general rule, the images.rpa is by far the largest .rpa in a download (when it's not all in an archive.rpa), and takes by far the longest time to extract and takes up the most space. So choices would really only be effective when you don't want the images. All other .rpa's take a fraction of the time and space of images. Just saying.

There have been times when I just wanted to look at a patch.rpa, but I just moved all the other .rpa's into a folder above the game folder. No problem. Even with a game that has an .rpa for every release, it would take less than a minute.

It seems to me that having to answer 'y' for the 99% of the time that I do want them all would be less time effective. So, I would REM out the choice, just as I do now for the choice of whether I want to keep or delete the .rpa's. I can always move them out of the way myself if I have to, which I usually don't.
Sometimes, devs put script files in separate RPAs based on version number, location in game, patch type, etc. I've often had situations where I've had to move RPAs out of a folder to determine exactly which script files were stored in what RPA, such a feature would be really useful in those situations.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Sometimes, devs put script files in separate RPAs based on version number, location in game, patch type, etc. I've often had situations where I've had to move RPAs out of a folder to determine exactly which script files were stored in what RPA, such a feature would be really useful in those situations.
Yeah I added the feature earlier in the above script but forgot to mention it. You are free to use it until an update breaks it or the dev adds the feature to his own code. I added it because it wasn't difficult though personally I won't be using it much. I wanted the automation.

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
new indecent wife Hana update blocks the RPA from extracting
there a edit that can be done to one of the bat files?
1662904592646.png
found where the error is coming from, mostly by random print statements
found they stopped/broke after "contents = archive.read(filename)"
did some terrible uneducated editing of the rpatool.py
the code and changed output below
1662907331078.png

Last edited:

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Have you tried echoing the command "%pythondir%python.exe" -O "%rpatool%" "%%f" what does it show? That should echo each item command back to you

You could also try changing the python for loop to
For filename in files()

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
new indecent wife Hana update blocks the RPA from extracting
there a edit that can be done to one of the bat files?
View attachment 2037708
found where the error is coming from, mostly by random print statements
found they stopped/broke after "contents = archive.read(filename)"
did some terrible uneducated editing of the rpatool.py
the code and changed output below
View attachment 2037780
Which version of the tool did you use? I just quietly unpacked this game.
The rpatool tool has changed to support archives with any headers and other changes made by the creators. The tool itself is only an intermediary between the archives and the engine, and also creates files based on the data received from the RenPy engine.

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
Which version of the tool did you use? I just quietly unpacked this game.
The rpatool tool has changed to support archives with any headers and other changes made by the creators. The tool itself is only an intermediary between the archives and the engine, and also creates files based on the data received from the RenPy engine.
im messing with the patreon version 13, which isnt leaked yet, these errors are new, atleast to me compared to the previous ones

i get more or less the same error "expects 2, gets more, error"
ive tried
unRen powershell that i just downloaded from the main page here
from the ultrahack one also from the main page here
and from unren v8.0.0 which i happened to have, dont see here anymore

i know its probably impossible to know what's up without the actual files
So ill probably post them later when its going to be leaked
1662919890575.png

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
im messing with the patreon version 13, which isnt leaked yet, these errors are new, atleast to me compared to the previous ones

i get more or less the same error "expects 2, gets more, error"
ive tried
unRen powershell that i just downloaded from the main page here
from the ultrahack one also from the main page here
and from unren v8.0.0 which i happened to have, dont see here anymore

i know its probably impossible to know what's up without the actual files
So ill probably post them later when its going to be leaked
View attachment 2038207
Then we'll really have to wait. I can only work with games hosted on this site.

ljz781212

May 26, 2018
Dear, there is no file .exe in your attachment "unren windowed version". Then how can I use it?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Dear, there is no file .exe in your attachment "unren windowed version". Then how can I use it?
This version of the tool requires python and skills to work with it (everything is in the instructions in the OP). I named this version that way because it has a graphical interface, unlike the original version.

Reactions: hamvuiwa

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
is there an unren that can handle:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\RequiemSymphony-0.1-market\unrpyc.py", line 34, in <module>
    RPYC_Header = script.RPYC3_HEADER
AttributeError: module 'renpy.script' has no attribute 'RPYC3_HEADER'
this game is using (8, 0, 2) & I'm using UnRen-v.8.0.0.bat

Nevermind, I just downloaded & tried UnRen-ultrahack.bat that worked. (y)

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
is there an unren that can handle:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\RequiemSymphony-0.1-market\unrpyc.py", line 34, in <module>
    RPYC_Header = script.RPYC3_HEADER
AttributeError: module 'renpy.script' has no attribute 'RPYC3_HEADER'
this game is using (8, 0, 2) & I'm using UnRen-v.8.0.0.bat

Nevermind, I just downloaded & tried UnRen-ultrahack.bat that worked. (y)
Yes, the versions of the program change like hot cakes. Keep an eye on the title and ChangeLog to be sure that the current version is being used.(y)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes