Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
what a joke, I managed to solve my problem, changing the game, I took it from HD E: and put it inside the Download folder on HD C: and I managed to unpack the RPA files, and the same went to the SDK, I had to leave it inside the Download folder on HD C: to accept and generate the translation of this game, the bad one and that I had to use an old version (7.4.10) of the SDK version 8.0.2 and 8.0.3 was not generating the translation, what the fuck
The error message is commonly caused by having multiple versions of python on the system. The script uses the python.exe that came with the game.

It might be easier just to delete those two environment variables or you could unistall python from your machine

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
The error message is commonly caused by having multiple versions of python on the system. The script uses the python.exe that came with the game.

It might be easier just to delete those two environment variables or you could unistall python from your machine
worse that I didn't even have a python program on my pc, I downloaded the latest version and the program was the same, I was only able to unpack the game when I took it out of HD E: and put it in the donwload folder on HD C:

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
worse that I didn't even have a python program on my pc, I downloaded the latest version and the program was the same, I was only able to unpack the game when I took it out of HD E: and put it in the donwload folder on HD C:
I mean if you got it to work great but what you did isn't really a fix. You may have had python installed uninstalled it and it somehow left behind an unset environment variable.

Anyways as long as you are happy that is all that matters but I'd personally delete that environment variable if it exists to confirm it is a configuration issue of the program rather then a system issue. Otherwise you are just going to run into the same situation again

You can do this by searching for SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe from the start menu, right clicking then click run as administrator. From there access Environment variables.

Look under both User and Sytem variables for PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH then delete them. Also click Edit under Path environment variable (SYSTEM and USER) and delete any entries with Python. If they don't exist then the author of the program messed up his python config files and it's a one off.

Last edited:

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
I mean if you got it to work great but what you did isn't really a fix. You may have had python installed uninstalled it and it somehow left behind an unset environment variable.

Anyways as long as you are happy that is all that matters but I'd personally delete that environment variable if it exists to confirm it is a configuration issue of the program rather then a system issue. Otherwise you are just going to run into the same situation again

You can do this by searching for SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe from the start menu, right clicking then click run as administrator. From there access Environment variables.

Look under both User and Sytem variables for PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH then delete them. Also click Edit under Path environment variable (SYSTEM and USER) and delete any entries with Python. If they don't exist then the author of the program messed up his python config files and it's a one off.
i have never installed (unbeknownst to me) a python program, i have never had problems unpacking RPA files, this game i had downloaded and it changed from renpy 7.4.2 to engine 8.0.2 , and it kept giving this error message , I researched about it, and I downloaded the latest version of the python file, and it still didn't work, as a friend said to try to remove the game within the SDK program, I took it off and put it on HD C: the main HD, and I managed to unpack the RPA files without problem, and I had to do the same thing with the SDK program, move it to HD C: to be able to translate the game, because on HD E: where it was giving an error when trying to create the translation , but now it's all resolved

PS: I had managed to unzip the files using an UnRen-v.8.0.0

PS: I'm not sure, but I saw that the SDK I use has python2.7, since the game I downloaded in the new version 8.0.2 has python3.9

Last edited:

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
I've tried to unpack This game with unrenhack (v7 and v9) and got the following.
Code:
  Enter a number:1

----------------------------------------------------

Creating rpatool...

Remove RPA archives after extraction?
.       Enter (y/n):y
+ RPA archives will be deleted

Searching for RPA packages
+ Unpacking "Chapter_02.rpa" - 49196813 bytes
ImportError: No module named site
+ Unpacking "Chapter_03.rpa" - 165244153 bytes
+ Unpacking "images.rpa" - 181157381 bytes
+ Unpacking "music.rpa" - 35094976 bytes
+ Unpacking "Scripts.rpa" - 17464321 bytes

Cleaning up temporary files...

Finished

Enter "1" to go back to the menu, or any other
.       key to exit:
Then I tried the original unren (v0.8) and it worked somehow.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I've tried to unpack This game with unrenhack (v7 and v9) and got the following.
Code:

Creating rpatool...

Finished

.       key to exit:
I'm going to test something I have a hunch what the problem is.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I'm going to test something I have a hunch what the problem is.
I already know what the problem is, it just can't be solved. Except to pile up a bunch of code. The game has an old engine that requires running python with the "-O" key to pull up libraries that are separate from the main lib folder, whereas newer versions of the engine do not require this, and 3 python even stops working with it normally for some. The only solution is to use an older version of the tool, which also lies in the OP.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Code:

Creating rpatool...

Finished

.       key to exit:
For games on RenPy 7.3- use UnRen-old.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I already know what the problem is, it just can't be solved. Except to pile up a bunch of code. The game has an old engine that requires running python with the "-O" key to pull up libraries that are separate from the main lib folder, whereas newer versions of the engine do not require this, and 3 python even stops working with it normally for some. The only solution is to use an older version of the tool, which also lies in the OP.
I probably haven't done as much testing as you have but I rested the game and the above modified environment variable script doesn't fail but the 0.9 does. You might want to test further. I think it's your python path code that is at issue.

Edit
Yeah I looked at the old script that was the issue they both run identical commands.
%pythondir%python.exe" -O "%rpatool%" -x "%%f"

It's definitely your path code. Anyways good luck

Last edited:

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Code:

Creating rpatool...

Finished

.       key to exit:
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ol...-0-unren-powershellhack-v4.92717/post-9030440

Just to confirm when you use this script do you still receive any errors?

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I probably haven't done as much testing as you have but I rested the game and the above modified environment variable script doesn't fail but the 0.9 does. You might want to test further. I think it's your python path code that is at issue.

Edit
Yeah I looked at the old script that was the issue they both run identical commands.
%pythondir%python.exe" -O "%rpatool%" -x "%%f"

It's definitely your path code. Anyways good luck
This is not my path code, this is the separation of python libraries in old games. They lie in two different paths: part of the code lies in the folder "*\lib\pythonlib2.7", and part in "*\lib\windows-i686\Lib". And the "-O" key is used to connect the second part. I can't do anything here, it's a problem of old engines.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
This is not my path code, this is the separation of python libraries in old games. They lie in two different paths: part of the code lies in the folder "*\lib\pythonlib2.7", and part in "*\lib\windows-i686\Lib". And the "-O" key is used to connect the second part. I can't do anything here, it's a problem of old engines.
I still don't understand the O key is used in both scripts for every rpa extraction and is not version specific (they are identical).

Code:
    for %%f in (*.rpa *.pea) do (
        echo    + Unpacking "%%~nf%%~xf" - %%~zf bytes
        "%pythondir%python.exe" -O "%rpatool%" "%%f"
        if !ERRORLEVEL!==0 (
            if "%delrpa%" == "y" (
                echo       + Delete "%%~nf%%~xf"
                del "%%f"
            )
        )
    )

The logic of your path script at least how I read it was it checks for x86 arch goes to the x86_64 (not sure why when by the folder naming it still supports x64. Else it goes that i686 folder if the folder exists. If that x86_64 folder doesn't exist and the i686 folder exists then it goes to the i686 folder.

Code:
if exist "%currentdir%lib\windows-x86_64\python.exe" (
    if not "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%"=="x86" (
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\windows-x86_64\"
    )
    else if exist "currentdir%lib\windows-i686\python.exe" (
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\windows-i686\"
    )
)

if not exist "%currentdir%lib\windows-x86_64\python.exe" (
    if exist "%currentdir%lib\windows-i686\python.exe" (
        set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\windows-i686\"
    )
)
When I rewrote your path if statements according to the logic of what I saw you were trying to accomplish it works on 7.3.5 scripts. Looking at the scripts the only way it wouldn't would be if the rpatool or other python scripts you converted to base64 were version specific to the old batch file. Anyways best of luck on your script.

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I still don't understand the O key is used in both scripts for every rpa extraction and is not version specific.

The logic of your path script at least how I read it was it checks for x86 arch goes to the x86_64 (not sure why when by the folder naming it still supports x64. Else it goes that i686 folder if the folder exists. If that x86_64 folder doesn't exist and the i686 folder exists then it goes to the i686 folder.

When I rewrote your path if statements according to the logic of what I saw you were trying to accomplish it works on 7.3.5 scripts. Looking at the scripts the only way it wouldn't would be if the rpatool or other python scripts you converted to base64 were version specific to the old batch file. Anyways best of luck on your script.
The "-O" key is needed so that the python from the engine can see the scripts from the folder "*\lib\windows-i686\Lib". Without this key, it can't see them. In RenPy version 7.4+ and higher, all scripts are located only in the folder "*\lib\pythonlib2.7" or "*\lib\python2.7" or "*\lib\python3.9", so the key is not needed. Once again, this key is not used for my scripts, but for python itself, because the developers have divided the standard Internal scripts into different folders.
And at the expense of my paths to python itself, I check not only the presence of a 64-bit folder, but also a system that supports 64-bit programs, otherwise it makes sense to connect i686, so that people on old x86 systems would not have problems, and everyone with x64 systems would run the appropriate version python.

Reactions: yoyomistro

St3vo

Dec 16, 2017
hi,can you unren unity ones with any of these to see the videos of the game ? i use 1 for renpy games to see the animations etc in the games. thanks

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
hi,can you unren unity ones with any of these to see the videos of the game ? i use 1 for renpy games to see the animations etc in the games. thanks
This tool is called UnRen precisely because it works with RenPy games. For Unity, you need a completely different tool.

• Haha
Reactions: "CJ"

Baddog-11

Jul 6, 2017
any idea what the unity one is called? thanks alot
There is a tool for unity, its called "Universal Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker"
I don't know if a thread for this tool exists on this site, I have a link for it in my signature but you can just google it.

Edit*
This tool is for doing stuff in-game like enabling the console, free-cam, etc.
not to decompile files / extract images.

2 minutes of google search... not tested these programs yet. ( )
UE Viewer (Unreal model viewer)
Unreal Package Extractor
Unreal Package Decompressor

sorry if too off-topic, just wanted to help that person.

Last edited:

sirsirder

Apr 12, 2018
Hello VepsrP,

I came from this post.
Tried your version but still found it to fail.
This was what it said:
+ Unpacking "images.rpa" - 1917787051 bytes
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding
Python runtime state: core initialized
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'

Do you have any idea how i can successfully unren?

Thanks

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes