Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Stolarus

Jul 17, 2017
Installed the ultrahack version in Broken Dreamers to open the console and change the name cause the MC name of the save i got from the thread was Dimitri. Now I got this error and guess I will have to download the full version of 11GB to fix it :WutFace:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: ended up fixing it

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
first of all thank you for your great work VepsrP

it's just an idea if you want to implement it in a future update
There are people who only want to extract a specific .RPA file... for example scripts.rpa (to translate) or images.rpa to (compress) etc etc
the idea is to be able to choose the .rpa that we want to extract from a list of existing .rpa

I'm not an expert but I use something like this

The idea is certainly interesting, but I don't think that a mass user will appreciate the need to specify which archives to unpack. But maybe I'll make a separate mode in the PowerShell script to unpack one archive.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The idea is certainly interesting, but I don't think that a mass user will appreciate the need to specify which archives to unpack. But maybe I'll make a separate mode in the PowerShell script to unpack one archive.
As a general rule, the images.rpa is by far the largest .rpa in a download (when it's not all in an archive.rpa), and takes by far the longest time to extract and takes up the most space. So choices would really only be effective when you don't want the images. All other .rpa's take a fraction of the time and space of images. Just saying.

There have been times when I just wanted to look at a patch.rpa, but I just moved all the other .rpa's into a folder above the game folder. No problem. Even with a game that has an .rpa for every release, it would take less than a minute.

It seems to me that having to answer 'y' for the 99% of the time that I do want them all would be less time effective. So, I would REM out the choice, just as I do now for the choice of whether I want to keep or delete the .rpa's. I can always move them out of the way myself if I have to, which I usually don't.

Deleted member 4812744

Apr 8, 2022
As a general rule, the images.rpa is by far the largest .rpa in a download (when it's not all in an archive.rpa), and takes by far the longest time to extract and takes up the most space. So choices would really only be effective when you don't want the images. All other .rpa's take a fraction of the time and space of images. Just saying.

There have been times when I just wanted to look at a patch.rpa, but I just moved all the other .rpa's into a folder above the game folder. No problem. Even with a game that has an .rpa for every release, it would take less than a minute.

It seems to me that having to answer 'y' for the 99% of the time that I do want them all would be less time effective. So, I would REM out the choice, just as I do now for the choice of whether I want to keep or delete the .rpa's. I can always move them out of the way myself if I have to, which I usually don't.
Well... I've translated hundreds of games and
There can also be videos.rpa animations.rpa etc etc
and I see it more effective to be able to extract only what interests me and not be moving files
It is an idea for those who want to put it into practice... nothing more

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
and I see it more effective to be able to extract only what interests me and not be moving files
Agree. My experience and usage are my own and not anyone else's.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
As I said, I can make a separate menu item. But only in PowerShell. With .bat will be too troublesome.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Installed the ultrahack version in Broken Dreamers to open the console and change the name cause the MC name of the save i got from the thread was Dimitri. Now I got this error and guess I will have to download the full version of 11GB to fix it :WutFace:

Edit: ended up fixing it
It is strange that the engine swears at, in fact, the same file, only one version is compiled, and the other is not. But, as I understood, some of the files were in the root of the game, and not in the "game" folder.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
If I only want the script files I usually rename the image and animation files *.rps.safe or the like and the bat skips them when unpacking. Then I change them back to run the game.

Reactions: Walter Victor

txd69420

Nov 15, 2020
thank you so much ultrahack has worked for me. i don't have tendency for games with no gallaries..

Last edited:

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I thought about creating a separate environment variable and switching it on and off for autorun I got it to work but I didn't like making that many changes to the script to toggle automation.

So I quick and dirty hard-edited the script for autorun. This version just quickly extracts all rpa files, deletes them, then creates the dev and setting rpy except skip which is annoying to turn off every reload. Just double click on it in game folder

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaosDMNS

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Found a de-compilation error with the unren ultrahack v7 version and Succubus Trick: Grown Up Problem [v0.4]:

I think this file is just fucked up. Perhaps on purpose, because there is exactly the same one next to it, but with the correct name. And in general, there is nothing to decompile in this game, except for the classes.rpyc file, which passed quietly.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes