Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Nah it's okay. The problem is not on Windows, it will be weird if there's a mention of it in Windows UnRen thread :BootyTime:

So, anyway, I guess the drag-n-drop is fixed, right?
Here's another idea or suggestion from me: (You can ignore it :LUL:)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I kind of saw a solution with this feature on this forum. But I don't think I'm going to do that. The last task cost me a lot of nerve cells and health. :HideThePain: What I've been wanting for a long time is to make a graphical interface that will work on a piece of chopped python from the engine. But I haven't figured out how yet.:unsure:
As for the proposal, it will be possible to write that now there is a solution for any system And write that they are from different authors. So to speak, unite like Power Rangers. :BootyTime:

• Haha
Reactions: dikau

rikudolazero

Dec 25, 2018
He was using the UnRen for Linux and MacOS, and just like the Windows version, it uses the Python that shipped with the game (because it also uses VepsrP modified rpatool and unrpyc).

That error only happens with games that using Ren'Py <= v7.3.5. And contrary from the error message, the Ren'Py Python from that version won't run if we set the PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH ENV. Don't ask me why, but that's just the way Tom (the maker of ren'py) bundle his python (on Linux and Mac). So to make it run you need to ignore the ENV and that can be achieved using the when running python from command line.

And like I said before, he was using and old version of the bash script, that error already fixed with the newer version of the UnRen script for Linux.
Thank you so much, this bug has been solved in the new version of this tool, but what I don't get to understand is that even when I didn't have any of those two environment variables setup, I got this error and it got fixed as you said by using the -E flag when executing the python interpreter in the new script.
Code:
if ! "$python" -EO "$rpatool" "$file" >"$errortemp" 2>&1; then
I don't really know maybe it could be some other environment variable that I'm not aware of but at least for now it works, thank you again.

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
Thank you so much, this bug has been solved in the new version of this tool, but what I don't get to understand is that even when I didn't have any of those two environment variables setup, I got this error and it got fixed as you said by using the -E flag when executing the python interpreter in the new script.
Code:
if ! "$python" -EO "$rpatool" "$file" >"$errortemp" 2>&1; then
I don't really know maybe it could be some other environment variable that I'm not aware of but at least for now it works, thank you again.
Yeah it's weird I know. The game python that the Renpy maker build for those version must be run with that option: you must not set the ENV and you also must specifically tell it to ignore the ENV, unless you will get those error: "ImportError: No module named site".

That is the main error, Python can't locate "site" module to properly run. The "Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]" error is kinda "miss-leading" the focus.
, the man himself tell that you can safely ignored it when some one asked about building renpy (kinda shows he build his modified python version for his engine).

Fun facts, we don't have to set or ignore ENV for games that made with Renpy Version 7.4.0 to 7.5.4, but starting from Renpy v8 we must specifically set the ENV through PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH :KEK:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Yeah it's weird I know. The game python that the Renpy maker build for those version must be run with that option: you must not set the ENV and you also must specifically tell it to ignore the ENV, unless you will get those error: "ImportError: No module named site".

That is the main error, Python can't locate "site" module to properly run. The "Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]" error is kinda "miss-leading" the focus.
, the man himself tell that you can safely ignored it when some one asked about building renpy (kinda shows he build his modified python version for his engine).

Fun facts, we don't have to set or ignore ENV for games that made with Renpy Version 7.4.0 to 7.5.4, but starting from Renpy v8 we must specifically set the ENV through PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH :KEK:
The most interesting thing is that on Windows, these variables were not needed until I started working on using special characters and non-ascii in the path. Only then did this problem pop up. :unsure:

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I kind of saw a solution with this feature on this forum. But I don't think I'm going to do that. The last task cost me a lot of nerve cells and health. :HideThePain: What I've been wanting for a long time is to make a graphical interface that will work on a piece of chopped python from the engine. But I haven't figured out how yet.:unsure:
As for the proposal, it will be possible to write that now there is a solution for any system And write that they are from different authors. So to speak, unite like Power Rangers. :BootyTime:
Why not just add a label to the old code (set it for the python directory and add it) then add it as a menu option

Or if you wanted to do it automatically you could do something like modify the string to replace commas with periods and remove the brackets:

setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion

for /f tokens^=1^-3delims^=(^,^) %%a in (script_version.txt) do (
echo(%%a.%%b.%%c))>scriptversion

then something like
if %scriptversion% LEQ "7.3.5"

run code

I may code it myself if I can be bothered but I don't want to spend a ton of time maintaining a fork.

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Why not just add a label to the old code (set it for the python directory and add it) then add it as a menu option

Or if you wanted to do it automatically you could do something like modify the string to replace commas with periods and remove the brackets:

setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion

for /f tokens^=1^-3delims^=(^,^) %%a in (script_version.txt) do (
echo(%%a.%%b.%%c))>scriptversion

then something like
if %scriptversion% LEQ "7.3.5"

run code

I may code it myself if I can be bothered but I don't want to spend a ton of time maintaining a fork.
I didn't understand why to check the file "script_version.txt ".:unsure: What should depend on the RenPy version?

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I didn't understand why to check the file "script_version.txt ".:unsure: What should depend on the RenPy version?
"That error only happens with games that using Ren'Py <= v7.3.5."

The code that sets the python directory at the beginning of the script.

Last edited:

Shadowkeeper

May 22, 2019

You might run in to issues there though, if a dev upgrades the version of ren'py they're using then script_version.txt doesn't always follow...
(And theres devs I suspect of intentionally putting a wrong version in there)

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

I still don't understand what kind of error it is. I don't have any errors depending on the version of the engine :unsure:

dikau

Dec 16, 2019

I said that, but, I also said that error happened on Linux and MacOs distribution of Ren'Py. I had a conversation with VepsrP before about game with v7.3.5 but there's no problem on Windows.

Last edited:

Leonydas

Jun 11, 2017
I'm trying to use the tool but it always generates the message:

! Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
Are you sure we're in the game's root or game directory?
Press any key to exit...

And I have both python 2.7 and 3.7 installed in the directory "C:\Python37" or "C:\Python27"...

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I'm trying to use the tool but it always generates the message:

! Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
Are you sure we're in the game's root or game directory?
Press any key to exit...

And I have both python 2.7 and 3.7 installed in the directory "C:\Python37" or "C:\Python27"...

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
This program uses python, which is part of the game engine, and not a third-party version. Personally, my program should be put in the root of the game, where the game launch file is located, or drag'n'drop this folder on the console, if you prefer this mode of operation.

Leonydas

Jun 11, 2017
This program uses python, which is part of the game engine, and not a third-party version. Personally, my program should be put in the root of the game, where the game launch file is located, or drag'n'drop this folder on the console, if you prefer this mode of operation.
Thanks man.
Technically I think I had done something wrong

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
I have been using powershellhack, first time i see this error "Importerror: no module named site" after i try to extract rpa packages; happens with "Accidental assignment" game.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I have been using powershellhack, first time i see this error "Importerror: no module named site" after i try to extract rpa packages; happens with "Accidental assignment" game.
Well, firstly, many new versions of the tool have already been released since then, and secondly, I can't help anything without the name of the game.

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Well, firstly, many new versions of the tool have already been released since then, and secondly, I can't help anything without the name of the game.
Like i said, game is "Accidental assignment".
I tried now with latest powerhack but it says there are no archives in game folder, but there is archive.rpa of aorund 500mb.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes