Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
...there is a multiprocessing module...the author put it there for some reason...
Ok. This explains a lot. Weird thing. :rolleyes:

Edit. : Looking at this from a different angle,we miss one thing: Its the Renpy-Python which comes with the game and the dev can at any given time do changes. As long as the game works with it.
That's one reason why i don't like it if its used for normal py apps. A recipe for problems.

Last edited:

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I'm having issues with this game: https://f95zone.to/threads/goodbye-eternity-v0-6-1-rngeusex.82497/

The game is made in French and after unpacking then decompiling I get English language translations errors. Some of the game will show up in French and some of it in English. Oddly anything with a variable in it, the ones contained in [] like the players name refuse to translate properly.

But in other parts the French version becomes different then the translated version and as you know the the original language has to be exactly the same in the translation file or it will fail to translate. If I do not decompile the scripts then the translation works fine so it is something in the decompiling process causing the error.

The translations didn't need any decompiling because they already had the .rpy files included so I know that the translations file are the correct version of the French.

I used the powershell for all version 5 and 7

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
View attachment 2303129
Tbh not good joke but ok i und u
Well, you were talking about unpacking. As for decompilation, yes, I have not yet added the ability to work around the problem with multiprocessing. Strangely, this is the second game with this understaffed module. It will be later when I sort out the problems of drag'n'drop.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
It stopped unpacking again in version 0.145.
not good joke
I agree. :cool:
Writing "unpacking" and meaning a different thing isn't. Logically the author is confused. Be more exact in the future. Explanation:
  • Renpy files of type rpa are archives and as such they can be unpacked. Like a zip, 7z or rar archive. (RPA = RenPy Archive)
  • Renpy files of types rpyc and rpymc are compiled script files and can be decompiled. (RPYC = RenPY Compiled)
For testing i unpacked and decompiled everything. I searched then for the word "multiporcessing in the scripts and found no occurrence. Like expected. Also, Renpy does not support multiprocessing. If the game doesn't use the module, its useless there. Or is it...? ... :
I guess there is somewhere a "talking place for devs" where they give each other tips how to prevent people from accessing their precious game files. Putting a problematic python module in there, seems to me the newest nonsense. But i could be wrong.

Try to erase the dir .../your-game-path/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing and see if the game then still runs. My guess/bet is yes. After this you should also be able to use unren(and intergrated tools) without errors.

Greets

Reactions: ivann136

rikudolazero

Dec 25, 2018
I mean if you got it to work great but what you did isn't really a fix. You may have had python installed uninstalled it and it somehow left behind an unset environment variable.

Anyways as long as you are happy that is all that matters but I'd personally delete that environment variable if it exists to confirm it is a configuration issue of the program rather then a system issue. Otherwise you are just going to run into the same situation again

You can do this by searching for SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe from the start menu, right clicking then click run as administrator. From there access Environment variables.

Look under both User and Sytem variables for PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH then delete them. Also click Edit under Path environment variable (SYSTEM and USER) and delete any entries with Python. If they don't exist then the author of the program messed up his python config files and it's a one off.
excuse me, do you know how to solve this problem if I'm currently using pyenv to manage my python versions?

Code:
version: 0.10.0-ultrahack for Mac & Linux
   2) Decompile rpyc files (in game folder)

3) Enable Console and Developer Menu
   4) Enable Quick Save and Quick Load
   5) Force enable skipping of unseen content
   6) Force enable rollback (scroll wheel)

7) Options 3-6
   8) Options 1-6
   9) Options 1-6 + Deobfuscate rpyc

q) quit

Please select > 1
Extracting images.rpa
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
ImportError: No module named site

Extracting scripts.rpa

Cant find any *.rpa *.pea *.extra files

Done!
Press any key to back to main menu, or (q) to quit UnRen >q
bye...

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I guess there is somewhere a "talking place for devs" where they give each other tips how to prevent people from accessing their precious game files. Putting a problematic python module in there, seems to me the newest nonsense. But i could be wrong.
This is definitely some kind of trick of the developers to prevent us from opening their holy of holies.:HideThePain: Even in the night builds there is no this module. If RenPy ever wants a multiprocessing, we are unlikely to live to see it. :BootyTime:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
excuse me, do you know how to solve this problem if I'm currently using pyenv to manage my python versions?

Code:

7) Options 3-6
   8) Options 1-6

q) quit

Please select > 1
Extracting images.rpa

Extracting scripts.rpa

Done!
bye...
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-for-macos-and-linux-v0-8-2.16887/post-9236030
You need to contact this thread. Only Windows can help here. And not always.:D

dikau

Dec 16, 2019

Code:

7) Options 3-6
   8) Options 1-6

q) quit

Please select > 1
Extracting images.rpa

Extracting scripts.rpa

Done!
bye...
You're using old version...
anyway, just Like VepsrP said, go to the thread.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Even in the night builds there is no this module. If RenPy ever wants a multiprocessing, we are unlikely to live to see it.
Do you want a laugh? I did try to help RenPy dev with pointing a problem/bug out. He didn get the problem i think or i explained badly. Anyway its related to this discussion here:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Writing "unpacking" and meaning a different thing isn't. Logically the author is confused. Be more exact in the future. Explanation:
By the way, maybe they write "unpacking" instead of "decompilation" because they don't know English well and use a translator. :unsure: I myself have seen my translator do this more than once. It doesn't make sense though. However, I usually correct it clumsy translation.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017

Code:

7) Options 3-6
   8) Options 1-6

q) quit

Please select > 1
Extracting images.rpa

Extracting scripts.rpa

Done!
bye...
That error is very generic but from the looks of that message, it appears the game directory lacks the python libraries necessary to run. That is likely caused by one of two things either it cannot access the files or they do not exist.

If it is an access issue there are two obvious things you can do to troubleshoot that won't affect the program itself. One shorten the game directory to a very simple name. If it is for example warlord-0.6.1-pc which would be fine just rename the folder to warlord. Also, make sure if it is in a parent directory it is simple and devoid of special characters as well.

Two run the script with admin access by right-clicking on the batch file (.bat) and then clicking run as admin (windows) or chmod the directory with 777.

If neither of those two things works the python directory that the script uses to decompress the file is GAMEDIR\lib. If the developer has removed files required for the script to run they need to be added back the simple way to do that would be to check the script version.txt file inside the game dir and add the files from a game that you have already have the script run successfully against that has the same version.

That would be more of a PIA because you would have to browse through your existing games to match up versions. As an aside, I am not the author of that script I heavily modified and rewrote an earlier version of the script to suit my own purposes. I stopped supporting it because neither person seemed particularly interested in adding the code to their scripts and did not want to bother to maintain a fork of my own with the additional features.

You really should be @VepsrP for support.

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
That error is very generic but from the looks of that message, it appears the game directory lacks the python libraries necessary to run. That is likely caused by one of two things either it cannot access the files or they do not exist.

If it is an access issue there are two obvious things you can do to troubleshoot that won't affect the program itself. One shorten the game directory to a very simple name. If it is for example warlord-0.6.1-pc which would be fine just rename the folder to warlord. Also, make sure if it is in a parent directory it is simple and devoid of special characters as well.

Two run the script with admin access by right-clicking on the batch file (.bat) and then clicking run as admin (windows) or chmod the directory with 777.

If neither of those two things works the python directory that the script uses to decompress the file is GAMEDIR\lib. If the developer has removed files required for the script to run they need to be added back the simple way to do that would be to check the script version.txt file inside the game dir and add the files from a game that you have already have the script run successfully against that has the same version.

That would be more of a PIA because you would have to browse through your existing games to match up versions. As an aside, I am not the author of that script I heavily modified and rewrote an earlier version of the script to suit my own purposes. I stopped supporting it because neither person seemed particularly interested in adding the code to their scripts and did not want to bother to maintain a fork of my own with the additional features.

You really should be @VepsrP for support.
He was using the UnRen for Linux and MacOS, and just like the Windows version, it uses the Python that shipped with the game (because it also uses VepsrP modified rpatool and unrpyc).

That error only happens with games that using Ren'Py <= v7.3.5. And contrary from the error message, the Ren'Py Python from that version won't run if we set the PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH ENV. Don't ask me why, but that's just the way Tom (the maker of ren'py) bundle his python (on Linux and Mac). So to make it run you need to ignore the ENV and that can be achieved using the when running python from command line.

And like I said before, he was using and old version of the bash script, that error already fixed with the newer version of the UnRen script for Linux.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: VepsrP

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
He was using the UnRen for Linux and MacOS, and just like the Windows version, it uses the Python that shipped with the game (because it also uses VepsrP modified rpatool and unrpyc).

That error only happens with games that using Ren'Py <= v7.3.5. And contrary from the error message, the Ren'Py Python from that version won't run if we set the PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH ENV. Don't ask me why, but that's just the way Tom (the maker of ren'py) bundle his python (on Linux and Mac). So to make it run you need to ignore the ENV and that can be achieved using the when running python from command line.

And like I said before, he was using and old version of the bash script, that error already fixed with the newer version of the UnRen script for Linux.
In fact, I keep forgetting to offer. Don't you want to post your solution here? I mean not somewhere in the bowels of the comments, but in OP?

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
In fact, I keep forgetting to offer. Don't you want to post your solution here? I mean not somewhere in the bowels of the comments, but in OP?
Nah it's okay. The problem is not on Windows, it will be weird if there's a mention of it in Windows UnRen thread :BootyTime:

So, anyway, I guess the drag-n-drop is fixed, right?
Here's another idea or suggestion from me: (You can ignore it :LUL:)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes