Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

PhadarSolo

Sep 12, 2017
The UnRen-forall builds won't decompile rpyc files for me. I've tried v3 and v5, and both fail to find any rpyc files. It doesn't matter what game I try using the UnRen-forall builds on, the result is the same - fails to detect the existence of rpycs within the game directory. Have to use the UnRen-ultrahackv15 build to decompile rpycs.

Below is what happens when trying to decompile rpycs:-

Searching for rpyc files...
+ Searching for rpyc files in L:\Ren'Py\Ren'Py 7.5.3\Desert Stalker 0.11c\game\
File not found: L:\Ren'Py\Ren'Py
File not found: 7.5.3\Desert
File not found: Stalker
File not found: 0.11c\game\
No script files to decompile.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
The UnRen-forall builds won't decompile rpyc files for me. I've tried v3 and v5, and both fail to find any rpyc files. It doesn't matter what game I try using the UnRen-forall builds on, the result is the same - fails to detect the existence of rpycs within the game directory. Have to use the UnRen-ultrahackv15 build to decompile rpycs.

Strange. It divides your path by spaces, which should not be, since I checked this moment myself. :unsure:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

I checked with myself. There is no separation into spaces. There is a high probability that the problem is most likely on your side.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
VepsrP
I had a strange occurrence with the powershell version 5 for all Unren. This game https://f95zone.to/threads/my-dear-diary-futa-desires-v1-0-sofia-xxx.136555/

I had the folder named "My Dear Diary-Futa-1.0-pc" and when I tried to decompile the scripts Unren said it couldn't find the path/ there were no scripts to decompile. So I renamed the folder to "MyDearDiary-Futa-1.0-pc" and it worked.

Same thing also happened with this game as well https://f95zone.to/threads/my-dear-diary-twins-disaster-v1-1-sofia-xxx.133769/

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
VepsrP
I had a strange occurrence with the powershell version 5 for all Unren. This game https://f95zone.to/threads/my-dear-diary-futa-desires-v1-0-sofia-xxx.136555/

I had the folder named "My Dear Diary-Futa-1.0-pc" and when I tried to decompile the scripts Unren said it couldn't find the path/ there were no scripts to decompile. So I renamed the folder to "MyDearDiary-Futa-1.0-pc" and it worked.

Same thing also happened with this game as well https://f95zone.to/threads/my-dear-diary-twins-disaster-v1-1-sofia-xxx.133769/
You are already the second one who, for some reason, the tool does not want to work normally with spaces. But the problem is that I have these spaces handled normally. I don't know how to deal with it yet. :unsure:

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
seems to be a problem when using ultrahack(v13) (221121) on price of power chapter14
Code:
Searching for RPA packages
+ Unpacking "scripts.rpa" - 10127538 bytes
  File "D:\Games\renpy\Price-Of-Power-Ch14\rpatool.py", line 42
    (offset, length, *var) = self.indexes[filename][0]
                     ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
tried UnRen-forallv5 and it worked. so, all good (y)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: VepsrP

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
VepsrP, I commented about %gamedir% wasn't quoted on your github. (I don't know if that can cause problem... Im just guessing :LUL:)

also, a suggestion:
Add an option to drag-n-drop the game's root directory, so user just can run the script from anywhere and not copy the script every time they want to unren.

some example that I can think of:
Code:
rem ask the user
SET /p currentdir=Drag n drop the game root directory to this window and press enter.

rem fallback to the current directory if the user don't drag-drop.
if ["%currentdir%"] equ [""] (
    SET "currentdir=%~dp0%"
)

rem CD to the game's root dir
cd "%currentdir%"

Reactions: VepsrP

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
VepsrP, I commented about %gamedir% wasn't quoted on your github. (I don't know if that can cause problem... Im just guessing :LUL:)
Yes, i comment for you twice.:BootyTime:
also, a suggestion:
Add an option to drag-n-drop the game's root directory, so user just can run the script from anywhere and not copy the script every time they want to unren.

Code:
rem ask the user
SET /p currentdir=Drag n drop the game root directory to this window and press enter.

SET "currentdir=%~dp0%"
)

cd "%currentdir%"
I'll try to do it, I'm not sure how convenient it really is. Unless, if store the tool on the desktop, in other cases it will bring little benefit. :unsure:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

also, a suggestion:

Code:
rem ask the user

SET "currentdir=%~dp0%"
)

cd "%currentdir%"
Well, I kind of did, it even works. Only for some reason, after running the first command (python launch), the font in the command line changes. Very strange paranormal phenomena. :BootyTime:

• Haha
Reactions: dikau

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
From th eother thread.
... At the expense of everything else, I'm all hands and feet for. I will be glad of anything that can help, but will not break the concept of the application. :BootyTime:
I have just a few parts i would write different and with more debug infos. Decision to use it or not is your call.

Questions:
Your dev version in GH and the release batch file are quit different. Some of the code is in github missing. Why?
The extraction code for the base64 strings is missing and the version string code is different for example.
There is also some unused code(PYTHONPATH, PYTHONHOME) in there for unknown reasons.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
From th eother thread.
I have just a few parts i would write different and with more debug infos. Decision to use it or not is your call.

Questions:
Your dev version in GH and the release batch file are quit different. Some of the code is in github missing. Why?
The extraction code for the base64 strings is missing and the version string code is different for example.
There is also some unused code(PYTHONPATH, PYTHONHOME) in there for unknown reasons.
The version I'm posting here can be considered a compiled version. It can be found in the "Release" section. Such things are usually not laid out in the code section. You can read gitignore. There are a lot of interesting files and folders that I don't upload to git. This version is used for testing and finding solutions, which is not very convenient if I have to pull code from base64 all the time. But for the release, only one properly assembled batch or PShell is needed.
As for (PYTHONPATH, PYTHONHOME), it is actually used. It was only after setting values to these variables that I was able to make some paths work. In particular, with hieroglyphs and only on the third python. The second one could not cope with them.

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
I apologize if this is a retarded question, but how do i "un-unrar?" i opened everything, made the changes i wanted, now i want to return it to its original form, how do i do that?

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
I apologize if this is a retarded question, but how do i "un-unrar?" i opened everything, made the changes i wanted, now i want to return it to its original form, how do i do that?

EDIT: Did you mean to pack again to RPA? The easiest is to download (must be the same as the game version) and build it again.

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018

EDIT: Did you mean to pack again to RPA? The easiest is to download (must be the same as the game version) and build it again.
Ohh ok, ill give it a shot
thank you!

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Ohh ok, ill give it a shot
thank you!
But remember, you don't have to put it back into the original format. RenPy will play games unpacked quite easily and will always default to the newer by date file if multiple versions exist in the file structure. The engine compiles the xxx.rpyc files on game start so if you have a newer xxx.rpy file in the game it will replace the older xxx.rpyc file even if it is still contained in an archive format.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
New version. Drag'n'drop. Support for any archive extensions. First of all, I suggest testing for more experienced users.
v6 didn't work for the game Tales of Lontebia [v0.1.1] [Maniwa] (Ren'Py 8.0.3), neither with the tool in the folder (closes immediately) nor via drag'n'drop (claims to unpack the archives but actually doesn't), v5 works fine. Edit2: same for the game Between Worlds [v0.1.2] (Ren'Py 8.0.3)

With v5 I noticed that the tool is not working (any more?) with long file/folder paths.

Edit1: v6 not working for the game The Ways Summer Goes [v0.2] [Lewd Passion 3D] (Ren'Py 7.4.10), with the tool in the folder the window closes immediately after pressing enter, via drag'n'drop I get this error: ImportError: No module named renpy.object. v5 working fine

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes