Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Like i said, game is "Accidental assignment".
I tried now with latest powerhack but it says there are no archives in game folder, but there is archive.rpa of aorund 500mb.
Sorry, I didn't see the game name for the first time. As for the message, it appeared most likely because you chose not to delete archives. There is a small logical error in the code related to this. But before this message there should have been lines:
1) Unpacking "archive.rpa" archive.
2) All archives is unpacking.
I've just tested this game twice. Check.
I will post a fix later when a more serious problem appears.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
I was wondering if someone could give me an example of what Deobfuscate would be used for? Is there some jiggery pokery that can be done on rpa or rpyc files?

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I see you no longer have download links for the Windowed (GUI) Python version(s) from Gideon. Is support for those dropped permanently in favor console versions?

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Theres a bug in unren forall v8 -

if you run opt 1, then when its done, run options 3 through 6 at the least, then you get a red text pshell command error that it cant find the path/folder - cause it tries to write to \game\game\filename.
If you close and rerun the bat file, 3 thru 6 work fine.
It looks like after running 1 (and maybe even 2, didnt test it) %cd% doesnt get cleaned out from "current directory" including "\game" and those functions dont use %gamedir% so it, and list %cd%\game as part of their cmd path, so it gets mashed together.

I commonly use 1 (if needed), and the, 3, 4 and 6, for new games/updating games (as i sometimes clean out everything but saves), and so quickly got in the habit of punching one after the other, and noticed this.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I see you no longer have download links for the Windowed (GUI) Python version(s) from Gideon. Is support for those dropped permanently in favor console versions?
Not quite. Just writing this program in python has complicated the support of the mechanisms used in the console version. I am currently working on a version written in C#. But I can't say when it will be released yet.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

if you run opt 1, then when its done, run options 3 through 6 at the least, then you get a red text pshell command error that it cant find the path/folder - cause it tries to write to \game\game\filename.
It looks like after running 1 (and maybe even 2, didnt test it) %cd% doesnt get cleaned out from "current directory" including "\game" and those functions dont use %gamedir% so it, and list %cd%\game as part of their cmd path, so it gets mashed together.

I commonly use 1 (if needed), and the, 3, 4 and 6, for new games/updating games (as i sometimes clean out everything but saves), and so quickly got in the habit of punching one after the other, and noticed this.
Okay, I'll check it out. I haven't checked what happens on commands 3-6 for a long time, all problems usually occur on the first two.

Reactions: coretex

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

It's strange, but everything worked out fine for me. Both versions. In order, I executed commands from 1 to 6. All worked correctly.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
It's strange, but everything worked out fine for me. Both versions. In order, I executed commands from 1 to 6. All worked correctly.
Hmm. I always copy the batch file to the root of the game folder, i dont use the copy/paste of the path in, and run it from the game's root folder. Is that what you did?

Heres a test:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So then if i just close the cmd window and rerun - 3 works as expected.

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hmm. I always copy the batch file to the root of the game folder, i dont use the copy/paste of the path in, and run it from the game's root folder. Is that what you did?

Heres a test:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So then if i just close the cmd window and rerun - 3 works as expected.
I found the problem spot and fixed it. Indeed, after unpacking, the script did not return to the root folder. But after decompilation it came back, so I didn't notice the problem.

Reactions: "CJ" and coretex

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
...And I have both python 2.7 and 3.7 installed in the directory "C:\Python37" or "C:\Python27"...
This program uses python, which is part of the game engine, and not a third-party version.
I am confused.
Official Python is now a third party app? And The hacked and cut-down version in RenPy is, if we follow your statement above, a real "Python" install? Really? This would be a new and surprising information for me. ;) (Did this answer just come wrong out or did your translator tool muck this up?)

• Haha
Reactions: dikau and VepsrP

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I was wondering if someone could give me an example of what Deobfuscate would be used for? Is there some jiggery pokery that can be done on rpa or rpyc files?
Indeed.
The devs can do a lot of nonsense with these files. Most do nothing to complicated and easy to find and reverse stuff, but some invest for some weird reason a real amount of time and work.
The easier ones and most common are:
  • Changing the file header e.g.
    • RPA-3.0 to RPA-4.0 /RPI-3.0 /ALT-1.0 and such for rpa files
    • for rpyc RENPY RPC2 to MY HEADER or whatever
  • Change of the key for rpa files (Its normally always the same key, so the reading functionality in renpy is very simple)
  • Change or the position of key or file-offset e.g. instead key position from 8, 24 they move it one bit to 9, 25 or switch key and offset position
  • Change strorage method of files to some encoding or a different compression (Original they're a zlib compressed pickle stream)

If you can read python code you can take a look in my GH repo at my tool RPAKIT to get a vibe what they do with RPA files. Or look into unrypc's own deobfuscate.py. Should give you a feel of things. Anyway, its mostly a waste of time on their side. There is always someone who reverses this.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I am confused.
Official Python is now a third party app? And The hacked and cut-down version in RenPy is, if we follow your statement above, a real "Python" install? Really? This would be a new and surprising information for me. ;) (Did this answer just come wrong out or did your translator tool muck this up?)
Probably the second. I just wanted to say that any other versions of python other than the one in the game folder don't matter. :BootyTime:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Anyway, its mostly a waste of time on their side. There is always someone who reverses this.
Yes, but sometimes the changes are really crushing. Sometimes even so much that they do not give in.:HideThePain: There was one such option, but it disappeared somewhere.:unsure:

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
I've noticed after switching to the unren for all (8.1 presently) that it isn't uncommon for it to do a poor job of cleaning up after itself. As an example I just did Misfits and was left with the decompiler directory as well as decomp.cab and decomp.cab.tmp files. And it is repeatable.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if this only happens when the script fails and I don't notice. The window closes on its own when attempting to decompile this game, so I am guessing that some exception occurred and the script died.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I've noticed after switching to the unren for all (8.1 presently) that it isn't uncommon for it to do a poor job of cleaning up after itself. As an example I just did Misfits and was left with the decompiler directory as well as decomp.cab and decomp.cab.tmp files. And it is repeatable.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if this only happens when the script fails and I don't notice. The window closes on its own when attempting to decompile this game, so I am guessing that some exception occurred and the script died.
If the console closes itself during execution, then there is some kind of critical error. Run the console separately and run the script from there, then error should show up. Cleaning of all temporary files both was and remained available. :unsure:

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
If the console closes itself during execution, then there is some kind of critical error. Run the console separately and run the script from there, then error should show up. Cleaning of all temporary files both was and remained available. :unsure:
Code:
 \____/_/ /_/_/ |_|\___/_/ /_(_)_.___/\__,_/\__/ - forall(v8.1) (230126)
  Sam @ www.f95zone.to

----------------------------------------------------

Enter the path to the game, drag'n'drop it or press enter immediately if this tool is already in the desired folder:
Available Options:
 1) Extract RPA packages
 2) Decompile rpyc files
 3) Enable Console and Developer Menu
 4) Enable Quick Save and Quick Load
 5) Force enable skipping of unseen content
 6) Force enable rollback (scroll wheel)
 7) Deobfuscate Decompile rpyc files
 8) Extract and Decompile
 9) All of the above

Enter a number:2

----------------------------------------------------

Extracting _decomp.cab...
Searching for rpyc files...
-pc\game\ was unexpected at this time.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Extracting _decomp.cab...
Searching for rpyc files...
-pc\game\ was unexpected at this time.
The script didn't like something on the path. It is difficult to say what exactly, since there is no all path. But I'm pretty sure it's not a hyphen or a space. Just checked them out.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
The script didn't like something on the path. It is difficult to say what exactly, since there is no all path. But I'm pretty sure it's not a hyphen or a space. Just checked them out.
Parenthesis perhaps?
"MISFITS-Part2_(v13.2)-pc"

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes