Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

calel

Aug 19, 2021
Hello decomplie rpyc files not working with DARK MAGIC 15.5 please test it out the error
I tried with unren 0.92 and 11

Reactions: trauts

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
Same here I'm using UnRen-v.0.11-new on DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc and getting failed messages
Code:
Decompilation of 1 file failed
   + Decompiling "wisdom_lake.rpyc" - 16205 bytes
Decompiling F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\game\places\wisdom_lake.rpyc to F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\game\places\wisdom_lake.rpy...
Error while decompiling F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\game\places\wisdom_lake.rpyc:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\unrpyc.py", line 194, in worker
    tag_outside_block=args.tag_outside_block, init_offset=args.init_offset, try_harder=args.try_harder)
  File "F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\unrpyc.py", line 157, in decompile_rpyc
    ast = read_ast_from_file(in_file)
  File "F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\unrpyc.py", line 130, in read_ast_from_file
    data, stmts = magic.safe_loads(raw_contents, class_factory, {"_ast", "collections"})
  File "../decompiler/magic.py", line 599, in safe_loads
    encoding=encoding, errors=errors).load()
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 864, in load
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1223, in load_build
  File "F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\unrpyc.py", line 72, in __setstate__
    (_, self.source, self.location, self.mode) = state
ValueError: too many values to unpack

+ Decompiling "yamiyo_prison.rpyc" - 25398 bytes
Decompiling F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\game\places\yamiyo_prison.rpyc to F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\game\places\yamiyo_prison.rpy...
Error while decompiling F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\game\places\yamiyo_prison.rpyc:
    tag_outside_block=args.tag_outside_block, init_offset=args.init_offset, try_harder=args.try_harder)
    data, stmts = magic.safe_loads(raw_contents, class_factory, {"_ast", "collections"})
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 864, in load
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1089, in load_newobj
TypeError: __new__() takes exactly 4 arguments (5 given)

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Same here I'm using UnRen-v.0.11-new on DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc and getting failed messages
Code:
Decompiling F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\game\places\wisdom_lake.rpyc to F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\game\places\wisdom_lake.rpy...
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1223, in load_build

Decompiling F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\game\places\yamiyo_prison.rpyc to F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\game\places\yamiyo_prison.rpy...
Error while decompiling F:\DarkMagic-V.0.15.5-pc\game\places\yamiyo_prison.rpyc:
  File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1089, in load_newobj

Hello decomplie rpyc files not working with DARK MAGIC 15.5 please test it out the error
I tried with unren 0.92 and 11
I'll see what's the matter, but I'll probably have to wait for a new version of the decompiler before I can update the tool. This game has switched to a new version of the engine and uses all its features.

Feb 1, 2018
is there something wrong with this unren or it's just me? enable console doesn't work for me now I tried it in different games.

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
Hey, I was using Sam's version for a while now and just started getting an error, so I downloaded the v11-new version and I'm getting the same error with the message 'Process is terminated due to StackOverflowException' while extracting .rpa files. How to fix this?
1646161318712.png

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hey, I was using Sam's version for a while now and just started getting an error, so I downloaded the v11-new version and I'm getting the same error with the message 'Process is terminated due to StackOverflowException' while extracting .rpa files. How to fix this?
View attachment 1681414
google says there is not enough RAM

Spark2s

Jun 8, 2018
I had both errors on the console version (0.11-new4), and the "no modules named 'future' error even on the windowed version (2.1.0). I ran 'pip install future' and that cleared up the 'module named future' error, but the console version still failed. However the windowed version succeeded and unpacked the rpa file I was trying to unpack

Hope that helps

krostxx69

Jul 7, 2019
Code:

I am also having this problem, is there any solution?

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
... wait for a new version of the decompiler... This game has switched to a new version of the engine and uses all its features.
o_O Are you really saying this dev uses a nightly Ren`py version for his game development and even a release of it? v7.5 and v8.0 is even a month after your post, which i cited with this post, still in dev state and far from stable.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
o_O Are you really saying this dev uses a nightly Ren`py version for his game development and even a release of it? v7.5 and v8.0 is even a month after your post, which i cited with this post, still in dev state and far from stable.
I don't want to say anything. But in the file script_version.txt it is written 7.5.0 and in the lib folder the folders with python2 are signed accordingly.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I don't want to say anything. But in the file script_version.txt it is written 7.5.0 and in the lib folder the folders with python2 are signed accordingly.
Thanks for the info. :) I was not sure if the number i read elsewhere a mistake was and did not want to download the game just to know this... If the version stats are correct, i cannot understand why a dev would do this. Recipe for disaster.

@krostxx69: It looks like the games dev uses a engine version which still in development is and therefore mostly unsupported. You should take this problem maybe there to get a answer. (Please dont forget its a english speaking forum.)

Reactions: krostxx69

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Thanks for the info. :) I was not sure if the number i read elsewhere a mistake was and did not want to download the game just to know this... If the version stats are correct, i cannot understand why a dev would do this. Recipe for disaster.

@krostxx69: It looks like the games dev uses a engine version which still in development is and therefore mostly unsupported. You should take this problem maybe there to get a answer. (Please dont forget its a english speaking forum.)
You're welcome. By the way, I haven't seen you for a long time.:eek: I've already forgotten what your avatar looks like.:) I decided that you left our cozy corner of support tool in service.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
...By the way, I haven't seen you for a long time.:eek: ...
I am just on pause somewhat and did'n have much time because i moved places. Bevor this i renovated some of the apartment myself and got problems to get all the needed stuff in pandemics broken logistics. I was most of the time here, peeked sometimes and lurked.
Was also a bit tired with waiting for Ren'py with py3 so the tool support/overhaul gets moving. :rolleyes: Looks like its finally on its way. Anyone a idea what changes and incompatibility are to expect?

...I've already forgotten what your avatar looks like.:)
Dont panic. That's just a sign of old age. Happens to most of us one day.
giggle_girl.gif

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Was also a bit tired with waiting for Ren'py with py3 so the tool support/overhaul gets moving. :rolleyes: Looks like its finally on its way. Anyone a idea what changes and incompatibility are to expect?
Well, the fact that they decided to go further into OOP helped me to abandon a third-party unpacking tool. Changed the title? Played with indexes? What difference does it make if the engine itself helps to get all the game files hidden by it. :BootyTime: If this can be mixed up with decompilation, then it will be just happiness for the moderators. I'm already thinking of trying to do this after I finish another project.

Reactions: Madeddy

lil boom toob

Sep 12, 2017
I'm not really sure where to put this, but hopefully this might help someone else in the future. I have been running into an issue where (I fucked with my environment variables doing... something a while ago and) I managed to generate an environment conflict with the WinAVR version of expand.exe which doesn't use the -f switch:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, using the batch as-is throws this error:

expand: invalid option -- F

and subsequently (since the utility didn't extract) some variant of these lines for every .rpyc file:

+ Decompiling "<gamefile>.rpyc" - 65536 bytes
\<game>\lib\windows-i686\python.exe: can't open file '\<game>\unrpyc.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

This obviously renders every single version of the UnRen decompile function that I have access to (0.6-0.91 and this version) unusable. I'm not entirely sure what the correct method of fixing this might be since I'm a total pleb, but making a local copy of expand.exe from \Windows\System32 to use with the batch allows it to proceed properly.

Basically an idiot solution for idiots lol.

lil boom toob

Sep 12, 2017
It's not quite so much a misconfiguration as much as an overloaded function name with a poorly chosen precedence. Both "expand" commands are technically accessible in the same space, but the WinAVR folder will always take priority. Basically my ENV is straight garbage:

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes