Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I dont see why games up to Renpy v7.5.x should have any problems with a working "unren", if they didn't fuck around with the RPA version specs or RenPy internals. Even with the older unren versions. The RPA version wasn't changed for ages and the same is it for the Python2 which comes with RenPy.
The problem is not in the archives themselves, but in working with them. Version 12 works with archives through the engine itself, which requires classes and other changes introduced at a certain time. The 11 version of the tool only works with its own code. Do you remember how one of the developers changed the calculation of indexes instead of changing the headers. It was to bypass such things that I had to rewrite rpatool to work with the engine code, but this became possible only with a certain version.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
...Version 12 works with archives through the engine itself, which requires classes and other changes introduced at a certain time....
Now it makes sense. I wasn't aware you go by now through the engine. I need to look at this if i have time. (Need to satisfy my curiosity.. ;) )
... how one of the developers changed the calculation of indexes instead of changing the headers...
Hm, there was something ... but i think i forgot most of it. :unsure:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Now it makes sense. I wasn't aware you go by now through the engine. I need to look at this if i have time. (Need to satisfy my curiosity.. ;) )
I've been telling you about it recently.

sluluo

Nov 29, 2021
Can anyone tell me the process of decompressing rpa files with this software, I'm new to pc and don't know how to do it

aeronlc

Mar 25, 2020
Can anyone tell me the process of decompressing rpa files with this software, I'm new to pc and don't know how to do it
Download the .bat file according to your renpy version, and place it in the game folder.
(When in doubt, use version 11)

Click on the executable (.bat) and select the desired option. (usually 9)

How to know renpy version: normally i rename "game" folder to "game2" and open the game on error traceback it shows renpy version

I'm sorry for my english...

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Download the .bat file according to your renpy version, and place it in the game folder.
(When in doubt, use version 11)

Click on the executable (.bat) and select the desired option. (usually 9)

How to know renpy version: normally i rename "game" folder to "game2" and open the game on error traceback it shows renpy version

I'm sorry for my english...
There is a file in the game folder script_version.txt , the version is indicated there without the need for any launch of the game and any other dances with a tambourine. :BootyTime:

Reactions: aeronlc

aeronlc

Mar 25, 2020
1651636400102.png

Hi I'm getting an error when using rollback, in option 9

I managed to fix it by adding a space on line 10 in unren-rollback.rpy

wm.pghub

Feb 6, 2020
Extracting _decomp.cab...
Searching for rpyc files...
+ Decompiling "script.rpyc" - 405463 bytes
Decompiling C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\game\script.rpyc to C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\game\script.rpy...
Error while decompiling C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\game\script.rpyc:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\unrpyc.py", line 203, in worker
tag_outside_block=args.tag_outside_block, init_offset=args.init_offset, try_harder=args.try_harder)
File "C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\unrpyc.py", line 166, in decompile_rpyc
ast = read_ast_from_file(in_file)
File "C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\unrpyc.py", line 139, in read_ast_from_file
data, stmts = magic.safe_loads(raw_contents, class_factory, {"_ast", "collections"})
File "../decompiler/magic.py", line 598, in safe_loads
encoding=encoding, errors=errors).load()
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 864, in load
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1212, in load_setitems
TypeError: 'RevertableDict' object does not support item assignment

UnRen-v.0.12
After building the game with web version 7.5.0
this does not happen with all .rpyc files

Decompilation of 1 file failed
Decompiling C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\game\script.rpyc to C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\game\script.rpy...
File "C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\unrpyc.py", line 194, in worker
tag_outside_block=args.tag_outside_block, init_offset=args.init_offset, try_harder=args.try_harder)
File "C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\unrpyc.py", line 157, in decompile_rpyc
File "C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\unrpyc.py", line 130, in read_ast_from_file
data, stmts = magic.safe_loads(raw_contents, class_factory, {"_ast", "collections"})
File "../decompiler/magic.py", line 599, in safe_loads
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 864, in load
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1089, in load_newobj
TypeError: __new__() takes exactly 4 arguments (5 given)

UnRen-v.0.11
this does happen with all .rpyc files

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Extracting _decomp.cab...
Searching for rpyc files...
File "C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\unrpyc.py", line 203, in worker
File "C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\unrpyc.py", line 166, in decompile_rpyc
File "C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\unrpyc.py", line 139, in read_ast_from_file
File "../decompiler/magic.py", line 598, in safe_loads
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1212, in load_setitems
TypeError: 'RevertableDict' object does not support item assignment

UnRen-v.0.12
this does not happen with all .rpyc files

Decompilation of 1 file failed
File "C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\unrpyc.py", line 194, in worker
File "C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\unrpyc.py", line 157, in decompile_rpyc
File "C:\Users\Neuro\Desktop\Unren\unrpyc.py", line 130, in read_ast_from_file
File "../decompiler/magic.py", line 599, in safe_loads
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1089, in load_newobj
TypeError: __new__() takes exactly 4 arguments (5 given)

UnRen-v.0.11
this does happen with all .rpyc files
Are you sure that the game is really on the 7.5.0 engine? The first problem I encountered was only in the game on the 8.0.0 engine. And nothing can be done about it yet. But it makes no sense to use version 0.11 at all, it is only for games running on the 7.4.7 and older engine.

wm.pghub

Feb 6, 2020
Are you sure that the game is really on the 7.5.0 engine? The first problem I encountered was only in the game on the 8.0.0 engine. And nothing can be done about it yet. But it makes no sense to use version 0.11 at all, it is only for games running on the 7.4.7 and older engine.
yeah, 7.5.0.22050301n

wm.pghub

Feb 6, 2020
The game itself has an engine version of 7.3.5, why do you even need this web builder 7.5.0?
Because this fixed in version 7.5.0 only...

When all browsers update to chromium 100, this problem will be global

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

When all browsers update to chromium 100, this problem will be global
I didn't know that people use browsers for games on the Ren'py engine. Unfortunately, I can't offer anything at the moment, I haven't been able to solve the same problem on the 8.0 engine yet, if I have an idea or the decompiler developer releases a new version of his tool, then something can be done.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
How about using another browser for your RenPy stuff till 7.5.0 official and stable is? A different browser for a few months or so will surely not kill you, or... ;) Or you go with a second chromium in version 99? :coffee:
...Unfortunately, I can't offer anything at the moment, I haven't been able to solve the same problem on the 8.0 engine yet...
Veryx understandable i think. Its a development version, so i really wouldn't bother. Wathever we now fix they at RenPy dev break very well the next hours~days~weeks again with some change. With the time we can do more useful coding or whatever.
I mean, thats just my two cents - its ultimately naturally every devs own choice. :p

Last edited:

wm.pghub

Feb 6, 2020
I didn't know that people use browsers for games on the Ren'py engine. Unfortunately, I can't offer anything at the moment, I haven't been able to solve the same problem on the 8.0 engine yet, if I have an idea or the decompiler developer releases a new version of his tool, then something can be done.

If I have any ideas, I will definitely share with you. thanks for answers

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes