Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

wm.pghub

Feb 6, 2020
Veryx understandable i think. Its a development version, so i really wouldn't bother. Wathever we now fix they at RenPy dev break very well the next hours~days~weeks again with some change. With the time we can do more useful coding or whatever.
I mean just my two cents - its ultimately naturally every devs own choice. :p

That's for sure

How about using another browser for your RenPy stuff till 7.5.0 official and stable is? A different browser for a few months or so will surely not kill you, or... ;) Or you go with a second chromium in version 99? :coffee:

I decided to approach the problem in advance, while of course you can use other browsers, but chrome remains the most popular. This is a bug and they don't seem to be fixing it. This problem first started with the safari browser. But at least the renpy developers were able to solve the problem, and not refer to the chromium developers as before

May 14, 2022
can this software by anychance decrypt unreadable png files from games officially ported to Nintendo Switch? I want to make an uncensored mod for the majority of games i have.

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
So I'm encountering an issue where my permission is being denied to extract the RPA packages, what are the solutions to this?

Malachite1789

Dec 25, 2019
This is a very powerful tool. I shall make sure to only use it for evil.... GOOD i meant good obviously :shifty glances:
Seriously though i am going to have some fun with this so thanks to all the peeps involved in it's creation. :)

didkov

May 16, 2022
I just wanted to tell you, thank you for this tool. it's amazing and the fact that it supports renpy 8+

Jul 12, 2020
up until now I've only been able to use the v0.11-old, so does this mean : no dev uses renpy 7.4+ ?
or does the old works for more but we are missing somethings ?
is there a way for us non-(renpy)-dev's to know which version of renpy a random game uses ?
doesn't repny encode that somewhere ?

I'm guessing not, becaus why else have 4 versions of this tool and not check this inside the bat and use the best available engine ?
I know version checking can be difficult, because many programs deemed windows XP older then windows 95 SE SP3. due the lack of SP3:cool:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
up until now I've only been able to use the v0.11-old, so does this mean : no dev uses renpy 7.4+ ?
or does the old works for more but we are missing somethings ?
is there a way for us non-(renpy)-dev's to know which version of renpy a random game uses ?
doesn't repny encode that somewhere ?

I'm guessing not, becaus why else have 4 versions of this tool and not check this inside the bat and use the best available engine ?
I know version checking can be difficult, because many programs deemed windows XP older then windows 95 SE SP3. due the lack of SP3:cool:
You can see which version was used to build the game in the game/script_version.txt file. For instance, (7, 4, 10) means Renpy 7.4.10 and so on

Jan 12, 2019
Any ideas on how to use the console version on UnRen on the game called Midnight Paradise? I can't get even the latest version of UnRen to work on that game. The bug remains in the crunched release too.

Altaviat

May 16, 2017
Just tried UnRren v11.4, unpacked and decompiled Midnight Paradise v0.16 Elite (RenPy 7.4.11) w/o any errors, maybe there's something PC/OS related?

ILoveSucuk

May 2, 2022
Thanks for the updates. But for anyone wondering: The Batch File 0.11.v3 is either not compatible with Ren'Py Script Version 7.4.5 OR requires Python3 as well OR is not compatible with F95Zone: How to fix the future:

It complains that
1. it can not find Python (which the UnRen Batch File 0.91 from the Original Author does)
2. it complains about not being in the game directory - which is where I clearly started the Script from

Tried with and without Admin Rights - no luck.

Anyway, thanks for trying :)

----
EDIT01: Fixed while writing this post: Nevermind: I fixed the Script by adding
Python:
..\
to the Search Function, which looks for the "lib\windows-i686" and "lib\windows-x86_64" Directories.

I also added a very basic "echo" Output to tell you if the Batch File uses the I686 (32-Bit) or the X86_64 (64-Bit) Python Libs and Executables. Do with the fixed Script whatever you want - obviously :)

----
EDIT02:
This CAN (in very rare cases) also be a dumb work-around for when the "App Execution Aliases" in Windows 10 for "Python.exe" and "Python3.exe" are getting Enabled again without you doing anything yourself. Even on Development Machines where you have dedicated Python Installations, but they are not in the PATH, because you invoke them through CMD or other Shell Scripts...

DISCLAIMER: I am not a daily Python User (only use it as a Interpreter to compile other Libraries).

Last edited:

The Revenant

Jun 3, 2017
Thanks for the updates. But for anyone wondering: The Batch File 0.11.v3 is either not compatible with Ren'Py Script Version 7.4.5 OR requires Python3 as well OR is not compatible with F95Zone: How to fix the future:

It complains that
1. it can not find Python (which the UnRen Batch File 0.91 from the Original Author does)
2. it complains about not being in the game directory - which is where I clearly started the Script from

Tried with and without Admin Rights - no luck.

Anyway, thanks for trying :)

----
EDIT01: Fixed while writing this post: Nevermind: I fixed the Script by adding
Python:
..\
to the Search Function, which looks for the "lib\windows-i686" and "lib\windows-x86_64" Directories.

I also added a very basic "echo" Output to tell you if the Batch File uses the I686 (32-Bit) or the X86_64 (64-Bit) Python Libs and Executables. Do with the fixed Script whatever you want - obviously :)

----
EDIT02:
This CAN (in very rare cases) also be a dumb work-around for when the "App Execution Aliases" in Windows 10 for "Python.exe" and "Python3.exe" are getting Enabled again without you doing anything yourself. Even on Development Machines where you have dedicated Python Installations, but they are not in the PATH, because you invoke them through CMD or other Shell Scripts...

DISCLAIMER: I am not a daily Python User (only use it as a Interpreter to compile other Libraries).
Thanks a lot dude it fixed the cannot find python error. Im guessing it is because of some new packing patch in renpy.

calel

Aug 19, 2021
UNREN v013 not working i cant unren and decomplie rpa files the game is using renpy 8 python 3.9
Pale Carnations [Ch. 3 Update 4] [Mutt & Jeff]
compressed version
PLEASE FIX unren

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Regardie

Baddog-11

Jul 6, 2017
UNREN v013 not working i cant unren and decomplie rpa files the game is using renpy 8 python 3.9
Pale Carnations [Ch. 3 Update 4] [Mutt & Jeff]
compressed version
PLEASE FIX unren
I gave it a try even though unren shows a lot of errors it still worked.?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

calel

Aug 19, 2021
SAME ERROR UNREN v013 not working i cant unren and decomplie rpa files the game is using renpy 8 python 3.9
Queen Of Spade [Final] [Sinccubus]
compressed
please help

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
anyone else have problems unren version 0.9.1 to 0.13 doesn't seem to work on Name88`s Triangle book 3 through 4?

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
SAME ERROR UNREN v013 not working i cant unren and decomplie rpa files the game is using renpy 8 python 3.9
Queen Of Spade [Final] [Sinccubus]
compressed
please help
Decompiling isn't working (yet, hopefully) for Renpy 7.5 and 8.0. They talk about why in this thread a few pages back.

Don't know about the unpacking part because it works for me on another game that uses Renpy 8.0. It could be because the dev altered the header in the rpa which some devs do because it makes them harder to unpack. Problem with Renpy 7.5 and 8.0 is we have no tool that can force it to work because the ones that can don't work on those versions (yet, hopefully).

I think some devs are starting to switch to those versions because they know we can't decompile them even though on the Renpy page the dev even says not to release games yet with those versions.

The dev of love and sex second base switched to Renpy 7.5 with his latest release it is so frustrating cause now I can't read or alter the scripts like I could before.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes