4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

SanoShizuku

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2023
new_banner_1600x400.png

Overview:
At the beginning of a new semester, you arrive in Tokyo as a new college student.
But will everything happen as usual?
"Recently, the number of unusual incidents in Tokyo reached five..."
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2024-04-26
Release Date: 2024-04-19
Developer: Sano - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1.0b
Language: English, Japanese, Chinese
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: - - -
Mac: - - -
Android: - - -

New_background.png menu_CG_07.png main_menu1.png main_menu2.png main_menu3.png main_menu4.png main_menu6.png menu_CG_06.png

Last edited by a moderator:

tsakalos

Jan 17, 2018
Game has this error when opening, ignore continues to the game normally.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/rpy/screens.rpy", line 351, in execute
  File "game/rpy/screens.rpy", line 356, in execute
  File "game/rpy/screens.rpy", line 356, in <module>
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'main_menu_background'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4052, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 681, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 681, in visit_all
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4052, in <lambda>
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Unto Starlight 0.0.2
Thu Dec 14 22:19:24 2023

Reactions: SanoShizuku

PunpunRen

Jul 13, 2021
game screenshots look incredible, I'll give it a try, is rare to see more cinematic shots on this kind of 3D anime games

SanoShizuku

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2023
Game has this error when opening, ignore continues to the game normally.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4052, in interact_core
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4052, in <lambda>
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\F95\Unto_Starlight-0.0.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Unto Starlight 0.0.2
Thu Dec 14 22:19:24 2023
This problem can be solved by simply ignoring it and continuing the game!
But I still want to fix it...
Probably the next version shouldn't have this problem!
Thanks for your report! (●´∀`)

Reactions: Alireza5150203505

JMAH1R30

May 8, 2021
I gotta say, as a native english speaker, your english is pretty smooth.

In the first line when your character 'You' first speaks, an easy fix is simple, just change it to 'I want to go together with you guys, but exams are coming up, I need all the time I can get to study'

Next fix is when 'You' wakes up from a dream and says 'Seems like had a pretty clear dream' You can easily fix this by changing it to 'Seems like I had a pretty lucid dream'. Lucid dreams are dreams that you experience as if it were real life.

Next english fix is when you talk to the receptionist and she says 'okay, please sign at here' change it to ''okay, please sign out here'

Next change is when the Vberdriver calls MC, change when 'Vberdriver' says 'Hello! Is this VBer's guest, Mr. Naoki' to 'Hello! Is this Mr. Naoki?' The earlier wordage is unnecessary.

When the MC says 'It was almost the start of the day the course begins, so I came to Tokyo to alone with my luggage' Yes the MC came alone that much is clear, but not sure if you wanted to say 'I brought my luggage with me' also you can change the first part to 'The day courses start is almost here'

Change 'perhaps there are exclusive activities only offered in this location?' to 'Perhaps there are exclusive activities that are only offered in this location?'

'Ah...okay, please' can be changed to 'Ah...yes please'

'Coming to Tokyo at these days and having to go shopping for furniture.....' can be changed to 'Coming to Tokyo during these days and having to go shopping for furniture.....'

'I guess it's a student like me' can be changed to 'I guess she's a student like me' also, an optional change can be 'I hope she's a student like me' or 'I assume she's a student like me'

You do not need a 'but' in the line '(Although I come to Tokyo right now, but I'm actually not a rich person)' You can change that to "(Although I come to Tokyo now, I'm not actually a rich person)' It flows easier too if you switch the words 'actually' and 'not' around.

And you can change '(The family side pays rent and living expenses to the extent that makes me don't starve)' to '(My family pays rent and living expenses for me to the extent that I don't starve.)'

It is unnecessary to put 'just these days' when MC says 'Maybe I should get a part-time job just these days' you can change this by saying 'Maybe I should get a part-time job?'

I'm currently still playing the game, but I will add new updates as time goes on, hopefully this will help you make your english version run much smoother and nicer. Have a nice day...

SanoShizuku

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2023

In the first line when your character 'You' first speaks, an easy fix is simple, just change it to 'I want to go together with you guys, but exams are coming up, I need all the time I can get to study'

Next fix is when 'You' wakes up from a dream and says 'Seems like had a pretty clear dream' You can easily fix this by changing it to 'Seems like I had a pretty lucid dream'. Lucid dreams are dreams that you experience as if it were real life.

Next english fix is when you talk to the receptionist and she says 'okay, please sign at here' change it to ''okay, please sign out here'

Next change is when the Vberdriver calls MC, change when 'Vberdriver' says 'Hello! Is this VBer's guest, Mr. Naoki' to 'Hello! Is this Mr. Naoki?' The earlier wordage is unnecessary.

When the MC says 'It was almost the start of the day the course begins, so I came to Tokyo to alone with my luggage' Yes the MC came alone that much is clear, but not sure if you wanted to say 'I brought my luggage with me' also you can change the first part to 'The day courses start is almost here'

Change 'perhaps there are exclusive activities only offered in this location?' to 'Perhaps there are exclusive activities that are only offered in this location?'

'Coming to Tokyo at these days and having to go shopping for furniture.....' can be changed to 'Coming to Tokyo during these days and having to go shopping for furniture.....'

'I guess it's a student like me' can be changed to 'I guess she's a student like me' also, an optional change can be 'I hope she's a student like me' or 'I assume she's a student like me'

You do not need a 'but' in the line '(Although I come to Tokyo right now, but I'm actually not a rich person)' You can change that to "(Although I come to Tokyo now, I'm not actually a rich person)' It flows easier too if you switch the words 'actually' and 'not' around.

And you can change '(The family side pays rent and living expenses to the extent that makes me don't starve)' to '(My family pays rent and living expenses for me to the extent that I don't starve.)'

It is unnecessary to put 'just these days' when MC says 'Maybe I should get a part-time job just these days' you can change this by saying 'Maybe I should get a part-time job?'

I'm currently still playing the game, but I will add new updates as time goes on, hopefully this will help you make your english version run much smoother and nicer. Have a nice day...
Thank you very much for correcting the English text!

It's because the English text was translated by the Japanese original text.
So some of the wording in Japanese becomes strange when it is translated into English.

I will pay attention to this in the future.
Thank you again for your reply! ヾ(*・∀・)/

Reactions: Ace9029

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
"But will everything happen as usual? There is something wrong with this world."

How vague. There's plenty wrong with the real world, after all. Has the rampant corruption finally caused rioting in the game world?

Ultralazuli

Jul 8, 2018
just from the synopsis and pics in the OP, gettin big Sensei Overnight vibes from this. seems to be flavor of the year, koikatsu games with lots of heavy psychological horror/creepy moments paired with occasional nonsensical sex scenes, usually with a school setting (since that's the default koikatsu backdrop, i imagine). Not really seeing anything that sets this apart, unfortunately

SanoShizuku

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2023
"But will everything happen as usual? There is something wrong with this world."

How vague. There's plenty wrong with the real world, after all. Has the rampant corruption finally caused rioting in the game world?
Thanks for your reply!

Sorry that I think I shouldn't go into detail about what's now affecting the world in the overview for now.

This is because, in this early version of the game's plot progression, everything is still just bedding.

What can be said, though, is that it is not something original to this world!

I will continue to optimize my overview of the game in future versions!

SanoShizuku

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2023
just from the synopsis and pics in the OP, gettin big Sensei Overnight vibes from this. seems to be flavor of the year, koikatsu games with lots of heavy psychological horror/creepy moments paired with occasional nonsensical sex scenes, usually with a school setting (since that's the default koikatsu backdrop, i imagine). Not really seeing anything that sets this apart, unfortunately
I'm sorry to say I haven't played Sensei Overnight.
If a lot of the same elements appear, then I apologize!
I'm just making what I want and I'll try to make it different!
Thanks for your reply!

JMAH1R30

May 8, 2021

Update:

• '……Ah, I forget it' to 'ah……I forgot!
  • 'Eat and lets go straight to bed….I have to get up early tomorrow' to 'Lets eat and go straight to bed….I have to get up early tomorrow'
  • Simple writing mistake, change goto to go to in, 'I have to go to college tomorrow, and I may be able to meet my classmates'
  • 'Luggage needs to be organized after that' can be made better by putting 'My' in front, as shown, 'My luggage needs to be organized after that'
  • 'And wants to walk around the neighbourhood if there's time…..' Pretty good, just missing an 'I' remove the s after want, 'And I want to walk around the neighbourhood if there's time

In case you're wondering, there are actually two different types of English, one type is American English and the other is British/Canadian English. The main key differences is in some words with 'or' at the end, you put 'our' so neighbor, becomes 'neighbour' The former is American, while the latter is British/Canadian.

• 'It got done what needed to be done… but it also wore me out' to 'I got done what needed to be done… but it also wore me out'
  • 'The luggage have not been organized yet' to 'The luggage has not been organized yet'
  • Don't know if MC is talking about the furniture or not, but if he is talking about himself, 'Obviously young, but looking old beyond years' to 'I'm obviously young, but I look older than I am'
  • 'I heard Tokyo residents maybe, kind of distant' to 'I heard Tokyo residents may be kind of distant' Maybe is not the same as may be.
  • Don't forget your pronouns, 'starting to feel worried about making friends' to 'I'm starting to worry about making friends' since 'worrying' is already an emotion, you don't need to add the word 'feel' in front and you gotta remember to use pronouns 'I' 'he/him/his' 'she/her/hers' 'am' 'my' yours' etc.
  • 'Told me the location of the furniture store yesterday. Thank you for your help!' to 'You told me the location of the furniture store yesterday. Thank you for your help!'
  • 'Am I to get lucky in love so quickly' to 'Am I going to get lucky in finding love soon?' Sentence runs smoother and is not so abrasive so to speak.
  • 'Because today is Friday, so the course will begin on the next week's Monday' to 'Because today is Friday, the course will begin next week, on Monday.'
  • 'That…so everyone please be ready for class by Monday' to '…So everyone will need to be ready for class on Monday.'
  • 'Ah Yuika, what?' Seems kind of aggressive, so you can change it to 'Ah...Yuika, what's up?' It's much, more friendlier and not as aggressive.
  • 'Got Yuika's contact information! You can reach Yuika on cell phone' can be made better by changing it to 'You got Yuika's contact information! You can reach Yuika on your cell phone'
  • 'Cell phones can be used to reach people you have contact information!' To cell phones can be used to reach people you have contact information with!'
  • 'You can use the button which at left to call them' to You can use the button on the left to call them!'
  • 'And you can use the button which at middle to see what they have sent you!' To 'You can use the button in the middle to see what they have sent you!'
  • 'What about the button at right? It just used to quick save' to 'What about the button on the right? It's just used to quick save.'

SanoShizuku

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2023
Update:

• '……Ah, I forget it' to 'ah……I forgot!
  • 'Eat and lets go straight to bed….I have to get up early tomorrow' to 'Lets eat and go straight to bed….I have to get up early tomorrow'
  • Simple writing mistake, change goto to go to in, 'I have to go to college tomorrow, and I may be able to meet my classmates'
  • 'Luggage needs to be organized after that' can be made better by putting 'My' in front, as shown, 'My luggage needs to be organized after that'
  • 'And wants to walk around the neighbourhood if there's time…..' Pretty good, just missing an 'I' remove the s after want, 'And I want to walk around the neighbourhood if there's time

In case you're wondering, there are actually two different types of English, one type is American English and the other is British/Canadian English. The main key differences is in some words with 'or' at the end, you put 'our' so neighbor, becomes 'neighbour' The former is American, while the latter is British/Canadian.

• 'It got done what needed to be done… but it also wore me out' to 'I got done what needed to be done… but it also wore me out'
  • 'The luggage have not been organized yet' to 'The luggage has not been organized yet'
  • Don't know if MC is talking about the furniture or not, but if he is talking about himself, 'Obviously young, but looking old beyond years' to 'I'm obviously young, but I look older than I am'
  • 'I heard Tokyo residents maybe, kind of distant' to 'I heard Tokyo residents may be kind of distant' Maybe is not the same as may be.
  • Don't forget your pronouns, 'starting to feel worried about making friends' to 'I'm starting to worry about making friends' since 'worrying' is already an emotion, you don't need to add the word 'feel' in front and you gotta remember to use pronouns 'I' 'he/him/his' 'she/her/hers' 'am' 'my' yours' etc.
  • 'Told me the location of the furniture store yesterday. Thank you for your help!' to 'You told me the location of the furniture store yesterday. Thank you for your help!'
  • 'Am I to get lucky in love so quickly' to 'Am I going to get lucky in finding love soon?' Sentence runs smoother and is not so abrasive so to speak.
  • 'Because today is Friday, so the course will begin on the next week's Monday' to 'Because today is Friday, the course will begin next week, on Monday.'
  • 'That…so everyone please be ready for class by Monday' to '…So everyone will need to be ready for class on Monday.'
  • 'Ah Yuika, what?' Seems kind of aggressive, so you can change it to 'Ah...Yuika, what's up?' It's much, more friendlier and not as aggressive.
  • 'Got Yuika's contact information! You can reach Yuika on cell phone' can be made better by changing it to 'You got Yuika's contact information! You can reach Yuika on your cell phone'
  • 'Cell phones can be used to reach people you have contact information!' To cell phones can be used to reach people you have contact information with!'
  • 'You can use the button which at left to call them' to You can use the button on the left to call them!'
  • 'And you can use the button which at middle to see what they have sent you!' To 'You can use the button in the middle to see what they have sent you!'
  • 'What about the button at right? It just used to quick save' to 'What about the button on the right? It's just used to quick save.'
Thanks again for taking the game seriously and summarizing these text issues!
I'll make a note of them all and fix these text issues in the next version!
I'm touched, to be honest. (*′∀`)ノ゛

Reactions: UBISHIT

SanoShizuku

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2023
Unto Starlight v.0.0.3 has been released!

Merry Christmas!

I have updated the thread to the latest version!
I hope all of you will enjoy it!

Also, the link to the Discord server has been added.
Welcome to drop in and say hi!

Starting with version 0.0.3, updates will be accelerated to every two weeks!
If you encounter any in-game problems or text errors, please report them!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: PunpunRen
4.80 star(s) 4 Votes