Mod RPGM Urban Demons v.0.9.5 MOD [Xalenda Mod)

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Should ‘Grandma’ be a part of the game or not?

• Yeah!

Votes: 160 65.8%
  • Yes, but only as bonus content.

Votes: 38 15.6%
  • No way!

Votes: 45 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
Damn, that sucks. It's times like this I'm thankful my dad went peacefully and cognizant because that's getting rare these days.

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
Hey gang - Xalenderp here, back for another few minutes before I rush out the door again.

I wanted to ask you all a rather serious question:

In the latest version of the game, there are a total of 13 different people to enslave, leading up to the "Best Ending". 13 is a much larger number than I had originally intended for the final game, so I wanted to run something by you all - lowering that number, and "removing" certain characters.

Before anything changes, I'd like for you to both hear my points of view, and for you to tell me your own points. Nothing right now is set in stone; this is merely a chance for us all to contribute towards a more stream-lined game. Let me reiterate the point though, nobody is being erased from the game - only their meaning at the end of the game.

My reasons are stated below in the spoiler; let me know what you think, if I'm stupid, if you have a better idea, what you'd change, who you'd toss instead, etc. Thanks!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Kimberly is best girl and therefore your argument is entirely invalid. Otherwise no, she is just another notch in the belt. You do you.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Well, as it turns out, with the recent news from Nergal about reintroducing more "depth" to characters like Kaylee, it may not be such a bad idea to try and flesh out the rest of the characters.

And thank you, everybody, for the kind words and support and whatnot. It's been rough, and it's not going to get much better for a while yet, but I'll try to keep my update schedule (one new release per month) as there is a very strict deadline I need the game to be "done" for. After that deadline has passed, I probably won't be able to update/bug-fix/patch anything else, so it needs to get done, and I'm just looking for ways to skim and trim off a lot of "excess" to make sure everything works as intended.

To that end - any 'new' developments need to be put on hold - including the Demon Powers - and I'm going to instead make a completely working version, start to end, once I get into a better headspace. If you want to offer your time/energy/know-how to make this work, what I currently need to finish is:

- Mrs. Jennings Looping -- I thought I fixed it, but it's still looping. If you encounter this bug, please tell me exactly when it happens, including progress level, corruption/purity level, and if it's caught in another series of actions.

- Slave Totals -- I re-did the coding on the characters in the Debug menu; if you understand Conditional Branches, and can take a look at the characters to see what I may have done wrong, that'd be great. Think I figured out what was wrong with it (I kept in a TEST portion that set Slave Total to a certain amount after completing the two Trials, got it erased, should be fine now but I haven't uploaded that version because of Dad-things.)

- Playthroughs -- I know, it's boring, you've done it all, seen it all, played it all hundreds of thousands of times... and I'm sorry to ask this of you, but please go through the game with one specific person in mind, grind her up, see what works and what doesn't, and let me know if there's stuff wrong. That includes Mrs. J, whose levelling system is 'wonky' at best.

From the deepest recesses of the black void that used to house my soul - which I traded for a ham-and-cheese sandwich - I thank you for your understanding, your support, your help, your kind words, your mean words, your jokes, and most importantly, just for being here. It really means a lot to me.

Neomage21

Aug 28, 2017
Well, as it turns out, with the recent news from Nergal about reintroducing more "depth" to characters like Kaylee, it may not be such a bad idea to try and flesh out the rest of the characters.

And thank you, everybody, for the kind words and support and whatnot. It's been rough, and it's not going to get much better for a while yet, but I'll try to keep my update schedule (one new release per month) as there is a very strict deadline I need the game to be "done" for. After that deadline has passed, I probably won't be able to update/bug-fix/patch anything else, so it needs to get done, and I'm just looking for ways to skim and trim off a lot of "excess" to make sure everything works as intended.

To that end - any 'new' developments need to be put on hold - including the Demon Powers - and I'm going to instead make a completely working version, start to end, once I get into a better headspace. If you want to offer your time/energy/know-how to make this work, what I currently need to finish is:

- Mrs. Jennings Looping -- I thought I fixed it, but it's still looping. If you encounter this bug, please tell me exactly when it happens, including progress level, corruption/purity level, and if it's caught in another series of actions.

- Slave Totals -- I re-did the coding on the characters in the Debug menu; if you understand Conditional Branches, and can take a look at the characters to see what I may have done wrong, that'd be great. Think I figured out what was wrong with it (I kept in a TEST portion that set Slave Total to a certain amount after completing the two Trials, got it erased, should be fine now but I haven't uploaded that version because of Dad-things.)

- Playthroughs -- I know, it's boring, you've done it all, seen it all, played it all hundreds of thousands of times... and I'm sorry to ask this of you, but please go through the game with one specific person in mind, grind her up, see what works and what doesn't, and let me know if there's stuff wrong. That includes Mrs. J, whose levelling system is 'wonky' at best.

From the deepest recesses of the black void that used to house my soul - which I traded for a ham-and-cheese sandwich - I thank you for your understanding, your support, your help, your kind words, your mean words, your jokes, and most importantly, just for being here. It really means a lot to me.
Again Xalenda i'm around if you need the extra hand for bug fixes.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Never gonna turn down the offers. ^_^

On the Dad front... any day now, really. He's stopped taking his meds, eats maybe 100-150 calories/day, drinks sparingly, sleeps pretty much 24/7. Oddly enough, most of our 'grieving' has also come to an end. We'll still be sad and stuff, some things will be hard to part with and accept... but the worst of it, just the knowledge that he's going... we've been able to say goodbye, something that a lot of people never get to do.

Reactions: DjKongX

Darkblade

Aug 2, 2017
Some bug reports:

1) Invisible wall in Peter's Room below the bookcase. Teleporting to Home Upstairs results in Peter getting stuck inside the invisible walls.

2) Lisa doesn't speak to you in the park at morning

3) The game crashes at night when you go to the park section where Kimberly and Amanda are. You'll get an error message: "Unable to find file: Graphics/Characters/Glaceon"

4) Corrupting Sydney while she is sleeping shows you 'Mom' dialogue

5) Taking picture after Kimberly deepthroats you, the game tells you got a picture of Ms. Amos.

6) Babysitting with Ms. Amos crashes the game due to misnamed files

7) Talking with Mom at the dinner table when you have enslaved her and you have this meaningful "cum-dumpster" talk which ends in a sex scene. There is no dialogue during the scene, the game says it cannot find the file 'mom-10.csv and ends with Peter in Nexus. Also the scene is infinitely repeatable.

8) Mrs. Jennings loop occured after failing the test, mom getting angry with you, calling Mrs J to Peter's room and having the talk. Stats: Rep 71, Cor: 100. Progress: 20. Manually adjusting progress to 21 fixes the problem.

9) Kimberly disappears from the park when you play hide and seek with her and her daughter as seeker.

Reactions: crisbr

Neomage21

Aug 28, 2017
Some bug reports:

1) Invisible wall in Peter's Room below the bookcase. Teleporting to Home Upstairs results in Peter getting stuck inside the invisible walls.

2) Lisa doesn't speak to you in the park at morning

3) The game crashes at night when you go to the park section where Kimberly and Amanda are. You'll get an error message: "Unable to find file: Graphics/Characters/Glaceon"

4) Corrupting Sydney while she is sleeping shows you 'Mom' dialogue

5) Taking picture after Kimberly deepthroats you, the game tells you got a picture of Ms. Amos.

6) Babysitting with Ms. Amos crashes the game due to misnamed files

7) Talking with Mom at the dinner table when you have enslaved her and you have this meaningful "cum-dumpster" talk which ends in a sex scene. There is no dialogue during the scene, the game says it cannot find the file 'mom-10.csv and ends with Peter in Nexus. Also the scene is infinitely repeatable.

8) Mrs. Jennings loop occured after failing the test, mom getting angry with you, calling Mrs J to Peter's room and having the talk. Stats: Rep 71, Cor: 100. Progress: 20. Manually adjusting progress to 21 fixes the problem.

9) Kimberly disappears from the park when you play hide and seek with her and her daughter as seeker.
Ok i'll see if i can get a hotfix up

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Thanks @Neomage21, you're the best.

And, um... yeah. 2 in the morning phone call, rode over with my sister and mother, he's gone.
We're taking the rest of the day to just sort of work through everything. At least we all had the chances and opportunities to say goodbye with him, and he was lucid enough these past few days to give us comfort and us to do the same for him.

I don't know when I'll be back to working on this - it's gonna be a rough two or three weeks. I'm still around, and I check the pages once or twice a day, but don't expect anything major for a bit.

Thanks all; see you on the flipside.

She's hiding in the fishing shack - it was redesigned to have that be the only place she 'hides' to check her phone in private. If she isn't there, then I'll take another look when I can.

AB84

Aug 31, 2017
Thanks @Neomage21, you're the best.

And, um... yeah. 2 in the morning phone call, rode over with my sister and mother, he's gone.
We're taking the rest of the day to just sort of work through everything. At least we all had the chances and opportunities to say goodbye with him, and he was lucid enough these past few days to give us comfort and us to do the same for him.

I don't know when I'll be back to working on this - it's gonna be a rough two or three weeks. I'm still around, and I check the pages once or twice a day, but don't expect anything major for a bit.

Thanks all; see you on the flipside.

She's hiding in the fishing shack - it was redesigned to have that be the only place she 'hides' to check her phone in private. If she isn't there, then I'll take another look when I can.
My Condolences, what you created here is something really awesome and nobody would hold it against you for taking time off to mourn and spending time away from f95. Take all the time you need.

Neomage21

Aug 28, 2017
Ok I'm gonna try something about the 3rd floor map and i'll update when the hotfix is ready.
Fixed the map... Lisa is triggering in the morning so it's not bugged and i checked the event in the editor...
The glaceon file is something left over from the chilly mod i'll delete the event and it shouldn't have that error.
The sydney corruption dialogue isn't a bug but more of a oversight...working on it now.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Makes me think I should just upload the version I have now, incomplete though it is... a lot of the bugs listed above have been fixed/patched/checked/driven me crazy already. Gimme a bit to zip it all and post it to the front page.

Neomage21

Aug 28, 2017
Makes me think I should just upload the version I have now, incomplete though it is... a lot of the bugs listed above have been fixed/patched/checked/driven me crazy already. Gimme a bit to zip it all and post it to the front page.
Looking forward to it. :)

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Sorry for the late response - finally crashed after 26 hours.

Here's the link.

Watz80

Oct 4, 2017
I am sorry for your loss @Xalenda. thoughts and prayers for you guys. You do what you need to think @neomage and others can keep this boat afloat for a while. Just come back when you can and are ready.

Neomage21

Aug 28, 2017
I am sorry for your loss @Xalenda. thoughts and prayers for you guys. You do what you need to think @neomage and others can keep this boat afloat for a while. Just come back when you can and are ready.
I'm not good at making content... just making solutions. But i have the thread on watch so if there's any bugs i'll put up hotfixes.

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes