What size arms/shoulder/neck should the new enemy have? See post 1161 for pics.

• Normal

• Thicker

Results are only viewable after voting.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
I'm considering adding a 'playground' level/gallery to the game, basically where you can spawn enemies and traps of your choice and control Val through the situation. Here's what I'm thinking so far:
  • Simple level, the size of a short room
  • Simple HUD with buttons and/or keycodes to:
    • Spawn traps (spikes, blades, future traps)
    • Spawn enemies (zombie, green zombie, goblin, future enemies)
    • Naked toggle
    • Reset level
  • Spawns happen immediately and place the object randomly in the level. E.g., clicking the 'goblin' button 5 times spawns 5 goblins throughout the level.
  • Anims and CGIs will trigger like normal.
  • Player doesn't win anything, it's just to play around with Val in the situation you create.
  • Playground will become available once player completes the game

Thoughts on this? Would you use it? Any suggestions / modifications you would like to see? Answer here or via the poll.

Last edited:

Tempering

Jan 28, 2018
I'm considering adding a 'playground' level/gallery to the game, basically where you can spawn enemies and traps of your choice and control Val through the situation. Here's what I'm thinking so far:
  • Simple level, the size of a short room
  • Simple HUD with buttons and/or keycodes to:
    • Spawn traps (spikes, blades, future traps)
    • Spawn enemies (zombie, green zombie, goblin, future enemies)
    • Naked toggle
    • Reset level
  • Spawns happen immediately and place the object randomly in the level. E.g., clicking the 'goblin' button 5 times spawns 5 goblins throughout the level.
  • Anims and CGIs will trigger like normal.
  • Player doesn't win anything, it's just to play around with Val in the situation you create.
  • Playground will become available once player completes the game

Thoughts on this? Would you use it? Any suggestions / modifications you would like to see? Answer here or via the poll.
If you can also spawn the background characters, like the dead soldiers or even npcs, It is a good idea.

Tempering

Jan 28, 2018
I'm actually working on a separate character gallery for the background characters/dead soldiers.
4 different galleries is a bit of a overkill. The sandbox level needs a unique use, creating your own scenario isn't enough. Maybe it can help the player in unlocking secrets like new costumes, playable characters or weapons, since it's a post-game level. But at this point I think it's easier to just make a horde mode (just like in the og build) with these prizes

McGuffin

Apr 14, 2019
some other ideas: quicksand that slows you down or traps you, water that you can sink in, and indiana jones style spike trap could be cool. also a new enemy some big tank zombies l4d style that take a whole mag to kill and move slow perhaps?

Reactions: valkaree99

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Thanks - always appreciate suggestions!

The spike trap is on my short list but won't make it into the next level -- I have a different trap in the works. The quicksand stuff is a fun idea but the current game mechanics won't support the MC 'dropping down' into something, so it's probably not worth the recoding. The green zombie is about as big as I can make an enemy (compared to Val) in the animation software so prob no tank enemies soon. The next enemy is going to be a human female, should be fun.

McGuffin

Apr 14, 2019
Thanks - always appreciate suggestions!

The spike trap is on my short list but won't make it into the next level -- I have a different trap in the works. The quicksand stuff is a fun idea but the current game mechanics won't support the MC 'dropping down' into something, so it's probably not worth the recoding. The green zombie is about as big as I can make an enemy (compared to Val) in the animation software so prob no tank enemies soon. The next enemy is going to be a human female, should be fun.
can't wait!

Softys

Feb 1, 2018
How does it have such a high score, level design is pure garbage and only 2 enemy types: zombies and "goblins" :unsure:

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
I'm releasing a v0.4.85 today, it's a minor release but includes 2 significant items:
- New 'Character Gallery'
- Finally (hopefully?) fixed outstanding bug where bullets sometimes pass through enemies

I know the title screen is getting cluttered with all the galleries, settings, etc, but that's temporary and I plan to have a better looking title screen before releasing the final version of the game.

Thanks all and let me know what you think.

>>>

V0.4.85
Released 2023-12-08

• New Content
    • Character Gallery:
      • 90+ background characters, including H scenes
      • Gallery is a ‘sculpture garden’ of sorts, allowing Val to run through a level with all the characters.
      • Gallery unlocks a door for each level that’s been completed.
      • Characters are non-interactive.
  • Bug Fixes
    • Fixed bug where bullets do not pass through enemies

4.60 star(s) 23 Votes